By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up! 13th August

MS can don't make a price in Americas(because the sales is good)and Japan(because already dead in Japan),but they need cut it in EMEAA

Around the Network
snakenobi said:

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racer
38 7,227 4,013,395

With Americas it sold 12,422 this week... around 14k for WW is almost certain .

I am looking for a way to show GT5's sales more dynamic and ended up getting this graph... I don't have much knowledge with Excel to do it better... so that's a test yet.

* The url will be always the same and the picture will be updated every week after the WW chartz out.

Any sugestion?

those 3ds numbers are so pitiful I'm actually hoping they are wrong...surely these numbers can't be right after such a massive price drop

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Machina said:
pezus said:
Wow, PS3 outsold the 360 by almost 25k in EMEAA

Want me to play the role of Zlejedi? 

Fell free through i'm not sure where you are going to find that 4th region that would send x360 to the top ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
MS can don't make a price in Americas(because the sales is good)and Japan(because already dead in Japan),but they need cut it in EMEAA

Don't know if a price cut would help, would be enough.

Microsoft has to understand that their service in Europe  is worse than it should be.

With the new price cut, Sony will extend their lead.

Adjustements:

Week Ending 06th Aug 2011

-Friday

WII-87,435,566 X360-55,257,699 PS3-51,914,567

-Yesterday

WII-87,435,566 X360-55,257,699 PS3-51,888,567

PS3- DOWN 26k

-Today

WII-87,435,566 X360-55,257,699 PS3-51,874,907

PS3- DOWN 14k

ethomaz said:

I am looking for a way to show GT5's sales more dynamic and ended up getting this graph... I don't have much knowledge with Excel to do it better... so that's a test yet.

* The url will be always the same and the picture will be updated every week after the WW chartz out.

Any sugestion?

should top 9m easily by new year's

bundles are coming

ioi said:
Wait until next week to judge the price drop - this is essentially 5 days of non-sales and 2 days at the new price point. Unlike Japan and unlike software, hardware sales post price drop (especially Nintendo hardware) don't show a huge initial spike but will show sustained strong sales for a number of months. Expect hardware in Americas and EMEAA to be well over 100k each next week...

Cool.

And the PS3 price drop effect to be show after two weeks too? We can expect that next week we will not see a huge increase as well?

ioi said:
Wait until next week to judge the price drop - this is essentially 5 days of non-sales and 2 days at the new price point. Unlike Japan and unlike software, hardware sales post price drop (especially Nintendo hardware) don't show a huge initial spike but will show sustained strong sales for a number of months. Expect hardware in Americas and EMEAA to be well over 100k each next week...

i'm sorry but i'm not buying.  let's add some perspective to el situation.  I'm going to use US numbers cause that's the market i know more.

there are 4,434 gamestops, 4,300 walmarts, and 1099 best buys just in the US -- this excluses Canada, mexico, whatever ...

now let's make some absolutely horrible assumptions just to get ballpark figure of what your selling us.

1. for the first 5 days of the week the 3DS literally sold 0 units (despite apperantly selling 18,151 last week or 2,593 daily)

2. the non-US portion of americals literally sold 0 unit all week

3. Non-gamestop//walmart//bestbuy retailers such as amazon, the 1,755 targets, the up to  1,382 k-marts, the up to 873 toysRus and wealth of mom-and-pop shots literaly sold 0 units all week.

so: 4,434 + 4,300 + 1099 = 9,833 locations.  

ergo what you are trying to sell me is 57,845 3DS units / 9,833 possible store locations sold a average of 5.88 units per store or 2.94 units per day per store according to the above assumptions.

well, let's just for fun put the standard 0.87 us multipler into the mix and we get 5.11 units per store or 2.55 units per day per store

and that's the "ceiling" you expect me to believe as my assumptions are absolutely terrible ergo that 2.55 units per day per store ought to be a fair bit too high.  i'm sorry but after an $80 (32%) pricecut with weeks of notice and (according to your numbers) a huge drop off in sales in the weeks preceeding the price-cut  illustrating consumer awareness and the evidence benVtrigger provided ... i'm not buying it even a little.