By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

NotStan said:

Ethomaz, you've totally deserved that ban, the amount of times I heard you use the word "undertracked" or "adjustment" is beyond belief.

Notice that I didn't put a troll face after that line? Because I am not joking, you think it's undertracked, think it, don't post it on every damn thread.

What is the reason to comment on sales in this forum if not say what you think??? No. The bans are just puting cool users away from here .

Just a question for the users here... anyone remember how good was VGC in 2007/2008/2009??? I remember... my comments are the same... I just not changed.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
NotStan said:

Ethomaz, you've totally deserved that ban, the amount of times I heard you use the word "undertracked" or "adjustment" is beyond belief.

Notice that I didn't put a troll face after that line? Because I am not joking, you think it's undertracked, think it, don't post it on every damn thread.

What is the reason to comment on sales in this forum if not say what you think??? No. The bans are just puting cool users away from here .

Just a question for the users here... anyone remember how good was VGC in 2007/2008/2009??? I remember... my comments are the same... I just not changed.

I visited this site since at least 2008 but didn't bother registering until 2009 with my older account that has now been deleted, and I still remember your annoying posts - the difference is it's been 4 years, move on. It's way past the point now where PS3 was considered the underdog and VGC had to do massive adjustments due to the increasingly large shipments gap that it was harder to anticipate the EMEAA. Calling undertracked and and adjustments is just annoying now, and rarely the numbers are off by a noticeable amount.

4 years of your droning, even the older staff are probably getting pissed off now, the only people who I see would sympathize with you would probably sell their legs if they were homeless if they thought that it could help Sony achieve world domination.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I remember when your sig could not go below the box in which your avatar sits, if your post was a single line.

I'm not sue if this still stands though, if sega4life doesn't listen to your appeal, simply take it higher.

Turkish said:
Just got a warning for my sig because apparantly its too big, I went to forum rules but nowhere does it say how big it should be. And other moderators didnot have a problem with it for a while now. I just compared my sig to Seece's on my monitor and they're both the same length.

your sig looks fine to me idk if you just changed it though, theres also some variations of there lengths if using different web browsers from what i remember

seeces is definitely larger and i believe it would of crossed the threshold when we had the one line post length rule

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4312607

its definitely plausible that theres issues on here with bans being unfair ect, but that could be said on every site, things like this arent perfect and should never be taking personal with the mods themselves.   as i learned over the yrs its not there fault its the posters fault the ones that report minor infractions  

in the end if you dont want to get banned do what go with no sig and limit posts

i agree with ethomaz things got seriouz on here, you cant say fanboy you can say undertrackz ect. what really pisses me off is what if adjustments occur for the SW and HW that these posters said under or overtracked they dont get no apology, they dont get there mod history fixed.   in 07 to early 09 the site had more freedom and there would be more lol threads posters like leo j, crazzyman, rock on 2007, megaman on others really built the forums on here, i myself recognized this faster than others right around mid 09 rather than fall in the traps of the new rules as my fellow brethren, i choose to reduce forum activity instead and by the look of forum activity and unique threads created it looks like others have too

so at the end of the day these said posters that report for minor infractions will indeed "weed out" the so called trolls/fanboys but what they forget is what will they be occupied with once all these member leave and get permabanned?

Play Me

ethomaz said:
chocoloco said:

Also if you politely ask a mod thrue a pm to explain a ban better they will. Trust me I have like 9 bans.

I sent an e-mail to ioi explaning how the VGC bans become silly and more and more old user are abandoning the site.

Maybe the next will be me :(.

VGC was funny with a lot of users talking friendly... I'm a 2007 user and my attitude are the same.

Okay, but there has always been conflict to say otherwise is just lying to yourself. You deserved the ban because it has always been known the numbers are not perfect. Calling them into question because you do not like them constantly is a pointless endeavor that the site does not need. Waste of time. 

Around the Network
Seece said:
'i don't want others to loss faith in the mod team because i have.'

Why? Because you were justifyably banned? You deserved that moderation and you know it, stop being so emo about it!

if you say so. i'm just here for the pie. besides i'm past that point. Machina did his job and i can respect that.

chocoloco said:
ethomaz said:
chocoloco said:

Also if you politely ask a mod thrue a pm to explain a ban better they will. Trust me I have like 9 bans.

I sent an e-mail to ioi explaning how the VGC bans become silly and more and more old user are abandoning the site.

Maybe the next will be me :(.

VGC was funny with a lot of users talking friendly... I'm a 2007 user and my attitude are the same.

Okay, but there has always been conflict to say otherwise is just lying to yourself. You deserved the ban because it has always been known the numbers are not perfect. Calling them into question because you do not like them constantly is a pointless endeavor that the site does not need. Waste of time. 

Haha, how ironic ethomaz messaged ioi, I spoke to him just the other day about people slating our numbers (aka UNDERTRACKED with no proof) and he agreed that moderation against that was ideal. It's even in the rules if you go look. So don't come out with this 'silly' BS Ethomaz, you're in the wrong and so is everyone else slating the numbers just because they don't like them. I see that Shab guy was arguing the numbers too, but he had an argument and used past (relevent) data as proof, so that's fine.

Also to BHR, no they don't deserve an apology for guessing that something was over or undertracked.

@Seece you are the worst

trasharmdsister12 said:
I got a warning for posting a "tagged" post as I wanted to reply to a topic but didn't have the time at the moment. Due to personal reasons I left the site for 2 weeks following this post. When I came back I had received a warning for posting an unproductive post.

That's hardly a reason for a warning....even Machina has tagged threads! Myself as well, npd threads, etc.

mantlepiecek said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
I got a warning for posting a "tagged" post as I wanted to reply to a topic but didn't have the time at the moment. Due to personal reasons I left the site for 2 weeks following this post. When I came back I had received a warning for posting an unproductive post.

That's hardly a reason for a warning....even Machina has tagged threads! Myself as well, npd threads, etc.

Yup, trash you should speak to Machina and have a note put on your mod history, loads of people tag threads.