By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
So I was banned for 1 day. Here is my mod history, I got 2 messages in a matter of 1 hour:

Date Moderator Type Reason Outcome PostId
11/10/11 00:01 twesterm Ban Flaming (Please do not insult other users, no matter how much they deserve it.) Banned 1 days 4297550
11/09/11 23:27 Machina Warning Flaming (Don't personally insult other users please ('What a moron'). It's not acceptable to call other users trolls either.)

So moderators, I got 1 warning and 1 ban, thats not fair. Can you either remove the ban or the warning?

so let me get this strait. you can call someone ignorant, and stupid. and blind which happens in most topic's here to insult someone, but you can't call them a moron. stupid, ignorant, and moron are not that different from each other.

whatever!

I agree bro, but we have to see what a mod has to say on this situation.

twestern just apologized. i hope you except.

You have been missing in action quite a bit these past few days MDJ. Any warnings or bans that we don't know about that may have kept you away?

yea Seece band me for being to likable lol. seriously i've been fine. no mod action taken. vgc hasn't been that lively lately so i'll likely get started on submiting reviews.   

Yeah I know! I saw that little warning you got. ;)

lol

Around the Network
twesterm said:
spurgeonryan said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
So I was banned for 1 day. Here is my mod history, I got 2 messages in a matter of 1 hour:

Date Moderator Type Reason Outcome PostId
11/10/11 00:01 twesterm Ban Flaming (Please do not insult other users, no matter how much they deserve it.) Banned 1 days 4297550
11/09/11 23:27 Machina Warning Flaming (Don't personally insult other users please ('What a moron'). It's not acceptable to call other users trolls either.)

So moderators, I got 1 warning and 1 ban, thats not fair. Can you either remove the ban or the warning?

so let me get this strait. you can call someone ignorant, and stupid. and blind which happens in most topic's here to insult someone, but you can't call them a moron. stupid, ignorant, and moron are not that different from each other.

whatever!

I agree bro, but we have to see what a mod has to say on this situation.

I see people calling others small names like that all the time, but when you are not as big on the site as others you kind of get pushed a little bit just to make sure you understand. People who have been around longer get a little bit more lee-way to do more things wrong. I think it was just a mix up and Machina did not see the warning. Have you had any warnings or verbal warnings in the past?

The warning and the ban was for the same thing right?

Just a note about the small insults-- it's not that older and respected users are being given leeway, it's that they're not being reported.  Report them and we will happily take care of it.

As for Turkish's ban, that was my screw up and I really do apologize for that.  Unfortunately I'm human and I screw up sometimes.  :-/

Its no problem man! Thanks for the fast reply too. We're all human hehe :)

bannd for bumping NPD Oct. 2011 thread. see ya when Nov. NPD is released.

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
bannd for bumping a thread. see ya when Nov. NPD is released.

Alright, take care! Dont let it get to you. I am sure it was something like you got one too many people who have nothing better to do, reporting stuff. I have had a few non warnings my self. When you get that type of thing you just need to reasses what you are doing and make a minor change.  I do not think any mod would every give you too large of a ban unless it was for something big. They know nothing you are doing is too bad, just ...yeah...I don't know. Who am I to talk! I go to my notifications , and when I see a name that is not supposed to be there I get the sweats! They funny thing is I know I have not said anything bad or flaimbaited anyone, or anything else. I usually get strange warnings that not many people have heard of before I think. Posting too much even though I am posting solid post, necro bumping even though it is not too long ago. I understand it all, just strange warnings. I think mod action just makes you a better user though. You learn what is accetable and what is not. So like I said just little changes here and there. No reason to leave the site till NPD comes out. There are always going to people who like you , and who do not like you. But I think everyone can get along even with that happening.

well i once said if i ever got banned for any reason i wouldn't come back. not sure when i'll be back like i was before but it will be awhile.

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Alright, take care! Dont let it get to you. I am sure it was something like you got one too many people who have nothing better to do, reporting stuff. I have had a few non warnings my self. When you get that type of thing you just need to reasses what you are doing and make a minor change.  I do not think any mod would every give you too large of a ban unless it was for something big. They know nothing you are doing is too bad, just ...yeah...I don't know. Who am I to talk! I go to my notifications , and when I see a name that is not supposed to be there I get the sweats! They funny thing is I know I have not said anything bad or flaimbaited anyone, or anything else. I usually get strange warnings that not many people have heard of before I think. Posting too much even though I am posting solid post, necro bumping even though it is not too long ago. I understand it all, just strange warnings. I think mod action just makes you a better user though. You learn what is accetable and what is not. So like I said just little changes here and there. No reason to leave the site till NPD comes out. There are always going to people who like you , and who do not like you. But I think everyone can get along even with that happening.

well i once said if i ever got banned for any reason i wouldn't come back. not sure when i'll be back like i was before but it will be awhile.

Well come back soon! Maybe I will see you on facebook.

yea. i'm just here for the EMEAA and Americas preview then i'll be on my way.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

You should update your sig to tell everyone what is going on.

i don't want to make a big deal about it. i don't want others to loss faith in the mod team because i have.

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

You should update your sig to tell everyone what is going on.

i don't want to make a big deal about it. i don't want others to loss faith in the mod team because i have.

no i meant you should post in  your sig about your facebook thing

well its over although i'm not as positive as i use to be.

'i don't want others to loss faith in the mod team because i have.'

Why? Because you were justifyably banned? You deserved that moderation and you know it, stop being so emo about it!

I got a warning for trolling saying PS3 numbers were not realistic in Americas hardware charts.

Since when is this considered attacking the website or trolling? All I did was giving my opinion.

Just got a warning for my sig because apparantly its too big, I went to forum rules but nowhere does it say how big it should be. And other moderators didnot have a problem with it for a while now. I just compared my sig to Seece's on my monitor and they're both the same length.