By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

I'm a real badass and got warned for having too long of a signature.

Around the Network

Hmm we can't see our moderation history anymore.

I was banned once.. check my sig.

Kinda shows how this site works.

Also been warned by a Mod for a copy + paste of the live chat log on the forums where s/he made up a rule and banned some random guy for using a font that was hard to read. Thread was also deleted with the reason of "we do not discuss cause of moderation" haha :D

yo_john117 said:

Ahh you as well?

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
yo_john117 said:

Ahh you as well?

Yeah it was quite silly because my sig wasn't even that long...it was only slightly longer then my current sig.

I believe since I joined I have had two temporary bans and like four warnings. All for supposedly trolling. However I refuted each ban and I still don't think I should have been banned. I'm a pessimist and sometimes talk fairly negative, often I get in trouble in the Sony and Nintendo boards when I say something negative or contriversal.

Which is sort of funny because I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Yet I have been warned for trolling on both boards. I also think its sort of weird that when ever I say something negative about Sony on the Sony board I'm called a troll and recieve warnings or bans. I think its stupid that I can't share my opinion without a ban warning.

Now admittadly the last time I got a ban I went alittle far. I was sort of offensive. However Its not like people don't write way worse things and not get banned. I said something about Sony being a crappy game company or something in that sort. About how they aren't in the industry for games etc..etc... I went alittle far, but I have seen far worse things said on the Nintendo board, Also I have seen far more hatefull attacks on Christian's in the Off topic board.

So far I think all my bans have been hypocritical or bias. So much worse behavior goes on unpunished. Now if I trolled all the time going from board to board starting flame wars and insulting people then I would agree I should get temporary or even perma banned. But when I slip up maybe once every two or three months I should not get a ban.

I am not a troll, I simply speak my opinions, I don't try to purposely offend people, sometimes I offend someone but honestly that isn't my intent. I think their should be far more warnings and a user shouldn't get banned for one slip up unless it can be proven they intended to insult and start something.

Example look in the threads in off topic, when me or other Christian's post against Gay marriage or abortion or the lack of scientific evidence supporting Evolution. The kind of crap that is said about us, those users don't get banned. Or the crap said about Nintendo often also goes unbanned.

But all in all despite disagreing with my bans and thinking its alittle biased. I do think VGChartz does a great job for the most part. I also know that senior members have recieved bans before as well. So oh well.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I was for a day...will not go into detail and LOL to the other guys sig

Guess I haven't been here long enough to be banned, don't plan on having it happen but who knowssss

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

I got a warning for putting random numbers in the prediction league, thinking I would get one right. What happened was that I inflated the average a bit too much, or deflated the average. I don't think I was the only one who had done that.