By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

i think i got banned for calling someone a rodent sucking rhinoceros though I may be making that up completely.

Around the Network

I was never banned,but warned once,for derailing a thread.

I was warned for sigs a lot ;)
Then, banned for being too cool for this site, clearly.

2 warnings that's it.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

i've been modded for TYPING IN ALL CAPS 2 OR 3 TIMES because it was annoying and hard to make out and was toled i'd be permaband if i did it again. the problem was that my username and password were in caps so i changed my password to lower case to avoid any future potential banning's or mod action because of it.

then i was modded for for spamming. posting multiple times in one thread back to back so i had to start editing original post unless the thread was three pages past my last post.

the only lagit thing i was modded for was for well heres a link to the thread page since it was my thread. i think its more funny then mod worthy but i can see how some 360 owners would take offence to it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=106962&page=2

Around the Network

I got warned for making a parody thread :/

I will get revenge on that mod one day :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Machina said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i've been modded for TYPING IN ALL CAPS 2 OR 3 TIMES because it was annoying and hard to make out and was toled i'd be permaband if i did it again. the problem was that my username and password were in caps so i changed my password to lower case to avoid any future potential banning's or mod action because of it.

then i was modded for for spamming. posting multiple times in one thread back to back so i had to start editing original post unless the thread was three pages past my last post.

the only lagit thing i was modded for was for well heres a link to the thread page since it was my thread. i think its more funny then mod worthy but i can see how some 360 owners would take offence to it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=106962&page=2

No you were not. I have your mod history right in front of me and no such thing was said.

srry band

Joelcool7 said:

I believe since I joined I have had two temporary bans and like four warnings. All for supposedly trolling. However I refuted each ban and I still don't think I should have been banned. I'm a pessimist and sometimes talk fairly negative, often I get in trouble in the Sony and Nintendo boards when I say something negative or contriversal.

Which is sort of funny because I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Yet I have been warned for trolling on both boards. I also think its sort of weird that when ever I say something negative about Sony on the Sony board I'm called a troll and recieve warnings or bans. I think its stupid that I can't share my opinion without a ban warning.

Now admittadly the last time I got a ban I went alittle far. I was sort of offensive. However Its not like people don't write way worse things and not get banned. I said something about Sony being a crappy game company or something in that sort. About how they aren't in the industry for games etc..etc... I went alittle far, but I have seen far worse things said on the Nintendo board, Also I have seen far more hatefull attacks on Christian's in the Off topic board.

So far I think all my bans have been hypocritical or bias. So much worse behavior goes on unpunished. Now if I trolled all the time going from board to board starting flame wars and insulting people then I would agree I should get temporary or even perma banned. But when I slip up maybe once every two or three months I should not get a ban.

I am not a troll, I simply speak my opinions, I don't try to purposely offend people, sometimes I offend someone but honestly that isn't my intent. I think their should be far more warnings and a user shouldn't get banned for one slip up unless it can be proven they intended to insult and start something.

Example look in the threads in off topic, when me or other Christian's post against Gay marriage or abortion or the lack of scientific evidence supporting Evolution. The kind of crap that is said about us, those users don't get banned. Or the crap said about Nintendo often also goes unbanned.

But all in all despite disagreing with my bans and thinking its alittle biased. I do think VGChartz does a great job for the most part. I also know that senior members have recieved bans before as well. So oh well.

Some of your bans are completely justified from what I can remember.

I got warned for Trolling but complained (it was IMHO a valid post) and the Mod apologised (sort of)
Said he couldnt remove the warning tho !

I was warned with regards to making the connection between Wii and Piss. I think I was misunderstood as the intention was not to badmouth the Wii rather the incredibly stupid name choice. Maybe it is only the UK but I can either go for a piss or a Wee. I liken it to the toilet paper called Krapp might work elsewhere but would have a hard job (no pun intended) selling in this country. I was a little annoyed at the time for not making myself clearer.

Thinking about this again I still find it amazing that the Wii has broken every rule in the book when we think product naming yet it has not harmed it one bit. When you have attended a few marketing meetings you start to realise how amazing it was that this slipped through. My company spends a lot of time naming products.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.