By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

Seece said:

I know someone that reported you and got you banned and acted as if he was your best friend after! But I'm not a grass so I can't say, sorry (It wasn't me lololol)

Reported for not being a grass.

And I'm pretty sure me and jarrod was a purely dislike relationship, not a friendly one

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

I know someone that reported you and got you banned and acted as if he was your best friend after! But I'm not a grass so I can't say, sorry (It wasn't me lololol)

And I'm pretty sure me and jarrod was a purely dislike relationship, not a friendly one

Wasn't Jarrod, pretty sure you'd be surprised by the person ...

Never been banned but I've been warned twice, once which was fully deserved imo and one borderline. All in all though, I have no complaints!

Mummelmann said:
Never been banned but I've been warned twice, once which was fully deserved imo and one borderline. All in all though, I have no complaints!

Really?! I thought you were terrible at first .. maybe it's the pope and me assuming you're evil

You're pretty cool nowadays though

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

Wasn't Jarrod, pretty sure you'd be surprised by the person ...

It was me I admit it!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Barozi said:

aaaah stop asking all these questions....

@Rol
usually everytime you make a new (mostly ironic or sarcastic) thread I see about 1 or 2 complaints.

@yo_john
pretty much never.

We don't get that many reports actually. Before I was a mod I thought there would be like 5 violations every hour or so. The real number is far lower or they maybe just don't get reported ;)
I'd like to add that there are other moderators besides me who do their work, so sometimes if another mod was really quick, I might not even notice when we get a new moderator job.

I must have the highest amount of reports that didn't lead to moderations then.

twesterm told me that he had to work overtime, deleting all the reports that came in after I made my Nintendo fans are intelligenter than Sony fans thread.

yeah that was a busy day ;)

Seece is such a tease.

yo_john, this means war...

Seece said:
Mummelmann said:

Really?! I thought you were terrible at first .. maybe it's the pope and me assuming you're evil

You're pretty cool nowadays though

That is not a matter of opinion. I was terrible at first...

I haven't never been banned.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Banned 6 or 7 times, was warned once before my first ban and never after that. The mod team don't look past the basics when they ban on this board (in my experience), they look to see if you were banned for the same reason but never review the details of what got you banned or take it into consideration in the future if it was harsh or not. I have only once ever received a response out of the 3 or 4 times I questioned a ban might I add.

I would also say that it's blatantly obvious some posters have frequently got preferential treatment on the boards and received warnings when many other less connected users have been banned for similar offenses. My thoughts are you either get on with it posting on here or stfu and leave the site if it bothers you enough. I just don't enter any debates anymore, it's an easier life and seems to be what the mods want around here.

Sorry for the whine, it'll be another 6 months until I write my next whinge on the subject. If this does bother any mods, bear in mind I do appreciate the job is a thankless task regardless.