By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Ocarina of Time still the greatest game, ever?

SqueakySamurai said:

But I don't think people care, OOT is always going to be considered the best game of all time, no matter what, simply because of arrogance and shallowness in generally the whole gaming community

I think Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time. Apparantly that means I'm arrogant and shallow.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:

But I don't think people care, OOT is always going to be considered the best game of all time, no matter what, simply because of arrogance and shallowness in generally the whole gaming community

I think Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time. Apparantly that means I'm arrogant and shallow.

nope, It's that gamers are very arrogant, I am too, when it comes to opinions( you don't see moviebuffs complaing that they're favorite movie got a 9 out of 10). And the shallowness is when people say OOT is the best game ever and they barely even played it. like how people say Goldeneye is the best FPS ever. They're just saying that to look like they can be part of a conversation, and I have met alot people that do that. It's also like saying Citizen Cane is the best movie ever and you only have seen the ending.

As somebody who has never played a 3D Zelda through before, I believe that OoT3D has controls approximately on par with modern games and a scope at least as grand. The world and dungeon designs are excellent, the music is orgasmically good. The story is not great, but 've never played Zelda for the story. I think OoT's place is, if not the greatest game ever, at least one of the better ones.

Love and tolerate.

For me? No. But then, it never was on my part. Close but not quite.

SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:

nope, It's that gamers are very arrogant, I am too, when it comes to opinions( you don't see moviebuffs complaing that they're favorite movie got a 9 out of 10). And the shallowness is when people say OOT is the best game ever and they barely even played it. like how people say Goldeneye is the best FPS ever. They're just saying that to look like they can be part of a conversation, and I have met alot people that do that. It's also like saying Citizen Cane is the best movie ever and you only have seen the ending.

You should really explain to me what you mean with arrogant.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:

The only type of fanboy is one of gaming. 2 moviebuffs will become friends, regardless if they hate a certain movie, gamers won't. I remeber when Halo: Reach came out, people were complain that it got a 9 out of 10 instead of a 9.5 or a 10 out of 10. But they're only arrogant when it comes to games, not with everything.

SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:

The only type of fanboy is one of gaming. 2 moviebuffs will become friends, regardless if they hate a certain movie, gamers won't. I remeber when Halo: Reach came out, people were complain that it got a 9 out of 10 instead of a 9.5 or a 10 out of 10. But they're only arrogant when it comes to games, not with everything.

You either are very bad at expressing yourself or you don't know what the word "arrogance" means. Either way I have no idea what you're talking about.

Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:

You either are very bad at expressing yourself or you don't know what the word "arrogance" means. Either way I have no idea what you're talking about.

You're right, the word I was looking for was stubborn. Replace any instance of arrogance with stubborness.

SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Chrizum said:
SqueakySamurai said:

You're right, the word I was looking for was stubborn. Replace any instance of arrogance with stubborness.

That indeed makes more sense to me.