By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - AMD: Xbox 720 graphics will look like Avatar

let's hope so... all that power underneath my TV.... and besides it... maybe even on top with a kinect type of interface.. can't wait..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I think it might be able to handle the title screen..

Formerly known as LuStaysTru but that was back when I still knew my password.

I dont really believe all of this.
Just think how boring are the devs actually because games with HD take a long time to develop, and are expensive and blablabla...

IF the next generation is so powerfull, each game will costs something like 100$ and the works to implements a own personality to every NPC in fonction of what you do in the game will take 8years to do a Fuc..... single game !!

If the next generation is still a race between Sony and Microsoft about the power and comparative games (Oh here there is a pixel on the screen with X720, but not with the PS4 !!! So amazing !!!)
then i just think the next generation will as boring as this one.

Forgive me if there is mistake. i'm just a nice Frenchy who want share hobbies and improve his poor language :)
Wanna talk about game and oldtoys ? Just write me
Best futur multiplayer game: † STARHAWK †

For my tastes "Blue 3D Pocahontas" is very polished crap, so looking like it doesn't attract me very much...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

While it may or may not render Avatar level graphics , what this does is confirm that the Xbox 720 will be a beast of a console. Either way.

I would also love to revisit this thread when the Xbox 720 actually launches (maybe in 2 years). We might see comments like "Holy Crap!! It does do Avatar level graphics!!!". We just don't know what type of advancements in architecture might be headed our way.

Around the Network

I don'T think dev costs will rise up too much in the future just because of engines. When you get all this power you don't need to try and squeeze every bit of power you get because you already get a plenty. Engines will do the tricks but I think that there will be more engines in the future than what's currently available. Crytek and Epic will get competition because using an engine will result in less developping costs then more devs will look into different engines. Avatar graphics imo is possible, it will be mostly about software and programming techniques.

Jazz2K said:
I don'T think dev costs will rise up too much in the future just because of engines. When you get all this power you don't need to try and squeeze every bit of power you get because you already get a plenty. Engines will do the tricks but I think that there will be more engines in the future than what's currently available. Crytek and Epic will get competition because using an engine will result in less developping costs then more devs will look into different engines. Avatar graphics imo is possible, it will be mostly about software and programming techniques.

Back in the days of the NES and SNES the cost of programming a game represented the bulk of the cost to develop a game, today programming is only a very small portion of the cost of development.

The resources required to increase the quantity and quality of graphical assets in games is what has been driving the dramatic increases in the cost to develop games. To understand, back in the N64/Playstation days an artist would need a few days to create a model of a car for a racing game while today it will take multiple artists months to create the "same" asset. On top of this, as you add detail to individual objects in game you have to add more objects and more variety to prevent your environment from looken barren, stale or repetitive. Technology does reduce these costs over time but the savings tend to be significant far after the technology is introduced; for example, there are (probably) huge savings for making a 3DS game at the quality of a PS2/Gamecube game, but only modest savings for making a game that looks like a first generation XBox 360 game.

Even other movies are not able to match Avatar and it's superb implementation of subtle 3D, which makes claim quite interesting. So let's see. Oh yea did he really say 720 :D

Maybe MS bought out these guys? If they patent that type of software then no-one will be able to compete.

http://unlimiteddetailtechnology.com/

They mean Avatar with CGI? Because Avatar without CGI is still impossible.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"