By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - AMD: Xbox 720 graphics will look like Avatar

maybe in the same way that PS2 games looked like Toy Story as in not at all

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

So XB720 will be MS 9th gen console and 8th gen one will be named XB540...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Capable? Maybe.

But the major developers will have run out of the money to do it long before then.

Soleron said:
Capable? Maybe.

But the major developers will have run out of the money to do it long before then.

nah they will just use the same assets as Avatar 3 lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Not a chance if he means real time matching resolution and effects. I'm guessing he's been liberable with what he means... but this ain't happening.

As for the other elements - sure the power might be there to have 200 individual crowd members, but are developers actually going to do that? Probably not unless it's really going to affect the game. Heck I still think this gen we've seen precious little focus on improving A.I. etc. vs trying to shove a few more pixels on the screen.

Oh well. PR is PR I guess. To be taken with very large grains of salt.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

WOW! these next gen games will be the best looking ever! and that for their whole 30 minutes of gameplay!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

wait AMD did work on Xbox? not NVidia?

PullusPardus said:
wait AMD did work on Xbox? not NVidia?

Nvidia done the Xbox and AMD done the 360.

they will look "like" Avatar?

what does that even mean?

i remember People who said Mortal Kombat looked "like real life" on the SNES

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Doesnt matter what he says. The way he says it shows how the successor will be.

No WII like improvment. We will get a beast again with significant improvments in Hardware no 2 year old gpu. It means we will probably see a gen like improvment like we are used to. HD graphics start to look in my eyes downright ugly and hard to watch. we definetly need a next gen i dont consider wii u next gen on a graphics level.

Avatar like graphics are rediculous. but avatar with worse animation less detailed textures worse lighting some flaws here and there maybe.