By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Childhood Movies that are now embarrassing bad movies now

You guys are talking about movies that didn't age well from a technical perspective. I personally think Dr Dolittle and The Nutty Professor belong in this "embarrassing now" movies list.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Any "Rugrats" movie. >_>

Also, chalk up another "Jurassic Park" supporter here. :)

The first Rugrats movie i think was legitimately good. The second we can debate, but the first felt authentic like a well-done extra-long episode of the show (which is usually the best way to adopt any cartoon serial into a movie, like what they did with The Simpsons)

For me: Space Jam. All the moreso because i have no interest in basketball whatsoever anymore (outside of betting in March Madness pools, but i don't even watch the games)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

axumblade said:
You guys are talking about movies that didn't age well from a technical perspective. I personally think Dr Dolittle and The Nutty Professor belong in this "embarrassing now" movies list.

i certainly hope you are not talking about this one.  O_o

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

lestatdark said:
Mordred11 said:
Batman & Robin ('97)...enough said >.<

Batman&Robin was embarassing even when it came out. I remember cringing in the cinema with Mister Freeze's tacky one-liners and the overall nipples-in-suit fiasco. At least Uma Thurman was hot as Poison Ivy XD.

Oh well, to be fair, that movie didn't have the participation of Tim Burton, which is why it was the main reason it sucked so much.

Yeah,but I thought it was awesome.

Mr Khan said:
RCTjunkie said:
Any "Rugrats" movie. >_>

Also, chalk up another "Jurassic Park" supporter here. :)

The first Rugrats movie i think was legitimately good. The second we can debate, but the first felt authentic like a well-done extra-long episode of the show (which is usually the best way to adopt any cartoon serial into a movie, like what they did with The Simpsons)

For me: Space Jam. All the moreso because i have no interest in basketball whatsoever anymore (outside of betting in March Madness pools, but i don't even watch the games)

Fair enough. I guess I just blame the show's downhill spiral that would get progressively worse from the movies because it corralated with each release.

I agree with you on Space Jam. 

Around the Network
axumblade said:

i agree, but i also believe these movies belong in the "embarrassing then" category.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

a film i always liked as a child was FF: The Spirits Within.... *shudders*

and Jurrassic Park 1 and 2 are still awesome, 3 was good at the time :P

MrBubbles said:
axumblade said:

Oh, he can't be talking about this movie or the original "The Nutty Professor" with Jerry Lewis. He better not!

And we all know that a movie with Eddie Murphy usually sucks.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
MrBubbles said:
axumblade said:

Oh, he can't be talking about this movie or the original "The Nutty Professor" with Jerry Lewis. He better not!

And we all know that a movie with Eddie Murphy usually sucks.

Definitely the Non-Jerry Lewis version of Nutty Professor and Dr. Dolittles....While they were embarassing to adults back then, as a child, I don't think I knew any better. :/

Man... Rex Harrison RULED!!
Talk about a movie I'd be even more inclined to watch as an adult!
they certainly don't make 'em like they used to...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club