By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Childhood Movies that are now embarrassing bad movies now

i recently watched a few episodes from "Man from Atlantis" with Patrick Duffy again and can't believe how incredibly bad the writing and how cheap the production was.

i really enjoyed it as a kid

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Any "Rugrats" movie. >_>

Also, chalk up another "Jurassic Park" supporter here. :)

Chris Hu said:
I used to like the first couple of Police Academy movies a lot more when I was a lot younger. Also The Neverending Story seemed a lot better when I was younger. I really can't say that I'm really embarrassed of a movie that I used to like as a kid.

Hey! There's nothing wrong with the first Police Academy movie. Even the second is still ok.

Now if you mean the rest, specially after Steve Guttenberg left, then yes. They rank from bad to horrible.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Chris Hu said:
I used to like the first couple of Police Academy movies a lot more when I was a lot younger. Also The Neverending Story seemed a lot better when I was younger. I really can't say that I'm really embarrassed of a movie that I used to like as a kid.

I used to love the Police Academy movies too but today I don't think I could sit through any one of them.

Signature goes here!

Conegamer said:
Jurassic Park

*shudders*

One day, Avatar will be like that. When the effects grow old there's nothing underneath it to make it good, as it were.

you mad?!?  jurassic park, albeit not technically impressive anymore, is still a great movie (just the first..not 2 or 3).

...no arguments about avatar though.

Around the Network

Glad to know I'm not the only one who still loves Jurassic Park. While not "impressive" anymore, the effects are still very convincing and the movie doesn't abuse CGI like so many movies released after JP.

Signature goes here!

Batman & Robin ('97)...enough said >.

Mordred11 said:
Batman & Robin ('97)...enough said >.<

Batman&Robin was embarassing even when it came out. I remember cringing in the cinema with Mister Freeze's tacky one-liners and the overall nipples-in-suit fiasco. At least Uma Thurman was hot as Poison Ivy XD.

Oh well, to be fair, that movie didn't have the participation of Tim Burton, which is why it was the main reason it sucked so much.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
Jurassic Park

*shudders*

One day, Avatar will be like that. When the effects grow old there's nothing underneath it to make it good, as it were.

The original Jurassic Park (and Lost World to some extent) is still regarded as a technical masterpiece, especially since it's Dinosaur animatronics are pretty top notch. There was no flashy CGI, just pure mechanical work.

The script may be a bit tacky nowadays, but I still get goosebumps whenever John Hammond says "Welcome to Jurassic Park" with the Brachiossaurases in the background. 

Now, if we're talking about Jurassic Park III, I fully agree with you. A CGI crap-fest and with a forced plot just to get the character of Alan Grant back in the series. 

Yeah, the first one is still amazing. I re-watched all of them earlier actually. It's a techincal marvel for the time, akin to Mario 64 in the gaming world.

2nd one? Alright at the time, but it doesn't hold up now.

3rd one? IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RCTjunkie said:
Any "Rugrats" movie. >_>

Also, chalk up another "Jurassic Park" supporter here. :)

The first Rugrats movie i think was legitimately good. The second we can debate, but the first felt authentic like a well-done extra-long episode of the show (which is usually the best way to adopt any cartoon serial into a movie, like what they did with The Simpsons)

For me: Space Jam. All the moreso because i have no interest in basketball whatsoever anymore (outside of betting in March Madness pools, but i don't even watch the games)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.