By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Childhood Movies that are now embarrassing bad movies now

Conegamer said:
Jurassic Park

*shudders*

One day, Avatar will be like that. When the effects grow old there's nothing underneath it to make it good, as it were.

What what what?!

First off, since when is Jurassic Park for childs? :/

And second, the special effects are still as of today amazing.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Jurassic Park

*shudders*

One day, Avatar will be like that. When the effects grow old there's nothing underneath it to make it good, as it were.

What what what?!

First off, since when is Jurassic Park for childs? :/

And second, the special effects are still as of today amazing.

I approve this post.

OT: The second TMNT movie, it's just too ridiculous but I loved it as a teenager.

Signature goes here!

Conegamer said:
Jurassic Park

*shudders*

The original Jurassic Park (and Lost World to some extent) is still regarded as a technical masterpiece, especially since it's Dinosaur animatronics are pretty top notch. There was no flashy CGI, just pure mechanical work.

The script may be a bit tacky nowadays, but I still get goosebumps whenever John Hammond says "Welcome to Jurassic Park" with the Brachiossaurases in the background. 

Now, if we're talking about Jurassic Park III, I fully agree with you. A CGI crap-fest and with a forced plot just to get the character of Alan Grant back in the series. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ok, Ivan Ooze was kinda cool, and the first movie is miles better than Turbo, I dont know what happened there, its like they didnt have any money or any will to make that movie good

I...I...I.... watched kangaroo jack multiple times when I was younger and enjoyed it. Woe is me

Around the Network
enrageorange said:
I...I...I.... watched kangaroo jack multiple times when I was younger and enjoyed it. Woe is me

I recently watched Kangaroo Jack,  as Australian i dissaprove such movie. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Conegamer said:
Jurassic Park

*shudders*

JP are probably the best Dino films we have (unfortunately) I still find them watchable today. Were you even alive when the second one came out 0_o

Ah, glad everyone else agrees with me, isn't finding nemo more around your childhood age?

The Chucky movie (Child's Play?) and its sequels....I recently saw it again in spanish of all things which made it even worse to watch but still I remember liking it back when I was a kid. I also remember watching the neverending story. I definitely can't believe I also watched everything that was power rangers, looking back I sometimes wonder. Jurassic Park, the first one for sure still is a good one for me though

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

boo Jurassic PArk still rules

Saw it the other day and when that theme kicks in when they see the first Dinosaur...that STILL is a magical moment in cinema!

On TOpic:

I find them ok still!

But this thread proves that Star Wars is truly the best! (in some weird way that I don't wanna explain!)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I used to like the first couple of Police Academy movies a lot more when I was a lot younger. Also The Neverending Story seemed a lot better when I was younger. I really can't say that I'm really embarrassed of a movie that I used to like as a kid.