By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - If the TRANSFORMERS Franchise Is REBOOTED Who Do You Wanna See DIRECT/MAKE The FIlms?

I want to se the following person DIRECT/MAKE it:

George Lucas (THE GREATEST SAGA OF ALL!!!!) 6 10.71%

Steven Spieldberg (Too many to name) 2 3.57%

James Cameron (Terminator... 9 16.07%

Christopher Nolan (Se7en,... 18 32.14%

Sam Raimi (Of Spider-Man Fame) 1 1.79%

Martin Scorsese (Shutter ... 0 0%

Ridley Scott (Bladerunner... 8 14.29%

The Wachowski Bro's (Matrix) 2 3.57%

Guillermo Del Toro (Hellb... 4 7.14%

Hideo Kojima 6 10.71%

Total:56

And nolan did not make seven thats david fincher.

Around the Network

james cameron is the only logical choice.
i loved the transformer movies the way they were, i dont give a shit it someone else doesnt agree with my opinion. i have seen transformers : dark of the moon, 3 times already and will see it a few more times.
@darth, u call 162 million domestic prior to monday's amount a failure. u my friend need to rethink what a failure is, also its at 372 million worldwide in its opening weekend as well. the movie will break 350 million domestic before its done and over 850 million worldwide, that would give the series a total of over 2.3 billion. a damn great showing if u ask me.
also the only reason spiderman is getting a reboot is because the director of the 3 movies left and the star left due to the director and time it was taking sony to get the next movie made. so sony had no choice but to give us a reboot movie, where we once again get too see peter parker in high school and how he gets his powers and so on, a total bore fest because we already have seen this.
just like how we are also getting a jaws,highlander,back to the future and potential a jurassic park reboot as well. hollywood is virtual out of ideas and now is rebooting almost every damn series that has been made. which sucks big time.
just my view on this subject.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

If you want to make another movie about big things crushing and explosions I guess Roland Emmerich (Indipendence Day, Godzilla, 2012) would be a logical choice. James Cameron from the list. Not needed anyway.

James Cameron. If not him, then Steven Spielberg.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

james cameron would turn transformers into avatar I mean Pocahontas.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Millenium said:

These films are what they are, i'd rather no one remake them, all 3 of em are worth watching 1 time just for shit and giggles, not much more.

By reboot it means re-imagining

Like THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN which is a reboot of the Spider-Man series (heavens knows why considering the first 3 were very successful)

They were rebooted because the actors thought they were too good to play in Spider-Man movies basically....Kind of depressing actually. :(

And silly, those actors are NOTHING without the Spider-Man movies except Franco maybe.

On TOpic:

So I actually saw the movie yesterday and its actually pretty great.....fun to watch....entertaining. Unlike tranformers 2 at least they TRIED to make me care for the characters.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

JJ Abrams would be my choice, really.

I just saw Transformers 2 the other day. which means now i've seen the whole series. personally i thought they were good films. Transformers 2 wasnt bad, it was still a good flick, and the story for all 3 films is good, its not Inception, but it works well because its not Green Lantern either, its in its own element. its all consistant, and their made so new writers can keep coming back and create more sequels instead of killing off certain characters and closing off certain plotlines, so that the series dosent have to be rebooted. like Spiderman, where the series has to be rebooted because of the poor writing in the 3rd film.

so i think if they do more sequels (which they probabily will judging from box office returns) they should do them with Cameron or even a director not on the list. i defintly dont think Nolan should do this type of film, because films like Inception and the Prestige are good for a certain type of auidence. but for Transformers its better to have that type of Shai LeBuff/Megan Fox lead characters instead of the Batman type hero. and huge action scenes will Nolan dosent really do, because he believes in making it as believable as possible.

however what they did in Transformers 3 was terrible, getting rid of Megan Fox was a mistake. if you've seen the other 2, it feels so inconsistant that the 2 lead characters wouldnt be together in the 3rd film. and the actress they got instead was terrible. she was the atypical damsel in destress, her character development was non stop whining. sure she was hot, but it was just a mistake to finish off the story without Megan Fox, since they established her so well in the 1 and 2 films.

and personally i dont think JJ Abrahams is that good either, he might be good at special effects and stuff, but i think the quality of his writing team speaks for itself. the main reason i think Star Trek was so well recieved was because of the nostalgia of seeking the original crew of the Enterprise back in action.

The guy that made Equilibrium? Kurt Wimmer.
But would a change of director be a reboot after only a few years from the ... boot?

Quentin Tarantino.

I wanna see Optimus snorting coke with hookers while Bumblebee tortures Starscream with a lead pipe and some battery acid.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron