By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - If the TRANSFORMERS Franchise Is REBOOTED Who Do You Wanna See DIRECT/MAKE The FIlms?

I want to se the following person DIRECT/MAKE it:

George Lucas (THE GREATEST SAGA OF ALL!!!!) 6 10.71%

Steven Spieldberg (Too many to name) 2 3.57%

James Cameron (Terminator... 9 16.07%

Christopher Nolan (Se7en,... 18 32.14%

Sam Raimi (Of Spider-Man Fame) 1 1.79%

Martin Scorsese (Shutter ... 0 0%

Ridley Scott (Bladerunner... 8 14.29%

The Wachowski Bro's (Matrix) 2 3.57%

Guillermo Del Toro (Hellb... 4 7.14%

Hideo Kojima 6 10.71%

Total:56

Quentin Tarantino.

I wanna see Optimus snorting coke with hookers while Bumblebee tortures Starscream with a lead pipe and some battery acid.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

George Lucas hasn't really done done anything great for a long time, TBH I don't really have faith he could pull off a good transoformers film, plus he only does passion porjects these days.

Steven Spieldberg the logical choice to take over from Bay who has said he doesn't want to do another transformers for a while, he has great pedigree in the genre and he is probably largely responsable for a lot of the good things in the current movies anyway.

James Cameron while he could undoubtably do a great transformers film I would much rather see his Battle Angel Allita film anyway.

Christopher Nolan while he is undoubtedly amoung the greatest film makers working in hollywood today his style of realistically grounded character driven films is not really a great fit for transformers.

Sam Raimi I would rather see Warcraft TBH and I don't really like the spider-man films anyway

Martin Scorsese nope not a good fit for a action bassed special effects driven film and a waste of his tellents anyway.

Ridley Scott now he definatly has a strong pedagree in epic action movies and he definatly can do great sci-fi he also has a sense of for story telling, he would be a great fit

The Wachowski Bro's while they basically invented the modern action film with the Matrix and definatly have the nerd cred let's face it they have only made 2 great films and they seem to do worse higher the budget so probably not the best bet for a Transformers film

Guillermo Del Toro now that would be an interesting film, he could really bring something different to the table, definatly has the nerd cred, has a great eye and is an exelent film maker. But I am not sure he would be the best fit as he is at his best when the films are dark and gritty and his imagination can run wild.

a few other candidates would be Jon Favreau, Petter Jackson and Zack Snyder

Also in what world is the seccond biggest oppening ever world wide and 6th in America a dissapointment?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I'm going with the Coen brothers.

xinstantnoodlez said:
Oh and by the way Christopher Nolan didn't direct Se7en, don't disrespect the great David Fincher like that please.

What are you suggesting?That Fincher is a much better director than Nolan?Damn,keep dreaming.

Kantor said:
Christopher Nolan would make incredible Transformers films.

Definitely better than the crap put out by Michael Bay.

Agreed. I almost feel like the question should have been, "Aside from Chris Nolan..." as he's well on his way to being considered the greatest director of our (or perhaps any) time.

Around the Network

i don't have a problem with transformers,the first film is great entertaintment and works well,the second certainly didn't work as well but had good action sequences,haven't seen the third yet,no doubt there will be another 3 so it will be good to see where they are going to go

Above & Beyond

darthdevidem01 said:
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Millenium said:

These films are what they are, i'd rather no one remake them, all 3 of em are worth watching 1 time just for shit and giggles, not much more.

By reboot it means re-imagining

Like THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN which is a reboot of the Spider-Man series (heavens knows why considering the first 3 were very successful)

They were rebooted because the actors thought they were too good to play in Spider-Man movies basically....Kind of depressing actually. :(

And silly, those actors are NOTHING without the Spider-Man movies except Franco maybe.

On TOpic:

So I actually saw the movie yesterday and its actually pretty great.....fun to watch....entertaining. Unlike tranformers 2 at least they TRIED to make me care for the characters.

Actually...What I enjoyed about this Transformers is the fact it didn't have stupid humor (like robot balls and racist autobots). What I disliked was how they treated some characters.....

Mordred11 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:
Oh and by the way Christopher Nolan didn't direct Se7en, don't disrespect the great David Fincher like that please.

What are you suggesting?That Fincher is a much better director than Nolan?Damn,keep dreaming.

David Fincher is every bit as good as Nolan, just cause Nolan made Dark Knight doesn't mean he's all of a sudden untouchable. 

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

xinstantnoodlez said:
Mordred11 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:

David Fincher is every bit as good as Nolan, just cause Nolan made Dark Knight doesn't mean he's all of a sudden untouchable. 

Let's use metacritic then.

David Fincher   

Average career score: 69

Christopher Nolan  

Average career score: 75

Nolan never made a bad movie,while Fincher screwed it with Lords of Dogtown (56 on MT),but he was the executive producer on that.

Mordred11 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:
Mordred11 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:

Let's use metacritic then.

David Fincher   

Average career score: 69

Christopher Nolan  

Average career score: 75

Nolan never made a bad movie,while Fincher screwed it with Lords of Dogtown (56 on MT),but he was the executive producer on that.

Thats not even a 10 point difference, David Fincher has a few bumps in his career nobody can deny that, but his best works are right up there with anything Nolan ever put out, they're both great directors get over it. 

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."