By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - CELEBRATION! Mexico wins GOLD CUP 2011!

4k1x3r said:
Hephaestos said:
4k1x3r said:
In other words Mexico is the best of the wortsts.. meh

Btw never heard of Gold Cup before too.

better than just being the worst... like the french! (didn't they play mexico last world cup?)

You think you're being smart by looking at my Profile and seeing that i'm French? But too bad i'm not a born French, I don't care for our Football Team, I support Montenegro. And I know that Mexico don't stand a chance against teams like England, Germany, Spain, Italy, some East Europe countries and even some countries from South Africa and South America, and others. So the best of the worst, as of what is happening with French team currently (several changes, that seem to be the right ones), you may regret what you said in the near future.

Mexico tied To Spain. Played a great battle against Argentina in the World Cup, to say it doesn't stand a chance is a bit too far. It might not be up there but its nowhere near the worst.

Female Mexican tied to England today.

Around the Network
Soma said:
Congratulations Mexico! Even if the Gold Cup sucks in general, the USA is a very difficult team to beat, specially for Mexico. However I think in the last years with our new generation of players, Mexico has improved in 2 important things, speed and mentality.
Losing 2-0 against USA in the final in less than 30 minutes? There's no way we would had won 10 years ago! Let's hope we can continue to develop this kind of players.

Next is the Copa America, although we will be playing with the Sub 22, it will be interesting to watch our youngsters. I want specially to look at Jonathan Dos Santos and Marco Fabian.

For the Confederations Cup I'm sure Mexico will do a decent job. I don't think we'll win it or anything like that but we can have a very competitive team. Last time we lost against Argentina in penalties but we played better than them and deserved to win.

That's true. I have never seen Mexico make such a rapid recovery, good signs there. We did play good against Argentina, also at the World Cup. We also tied to our former colonial masters Spain. Jonathan could learn a thing or two from Giovani lol

De que parte de Mexico eres?

Hephaestos said:
4k1x3r said:
Hephaestos said:
4k1x3r said:

better than just being the worst... like the french! (didn't they play mexico last world cup?)

You think you're being smart by looking at my Profile and seeing that i'm French? But too bad i'm not a born French, I don't care for our Football Team, I support Montenegro. And I know that Mexico don't stand a chance against teams like England, Germany, Spain, Italy, some East Europe countries and even some countries from South Africa and South America, and others. So the best of the worst, as of what is happening with French team currently (several changes, that seem to be the right ones), you may regret what you said in the near future.

if you looked at my porfile you'd see how smart that was :p

Oh ok ^^ désolé =D

dany612 said:

That's true. I have never seen Mexico make such a rapid recovery, good signs there. We did play good against Argentina, also at the World Cup. We also tied to our former colonial masters Spain. Jonathan could learn a thing or two from Giovani lol

Del DF, aunque vivo en Mexicali actualmente y tu?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soma said:
dany612 said:

Del DF, aunque vivo en Mexicali actualmente y tu?

Soy de Guanajuato, aunque vivo en los estados unidos en el estado de Arkansas.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
They beat the USA,but I don't think anybody in the untied states even knew about this are really cared for that matter.

I never heard of the golden cup...

Anyways, soccer...pfffftt.... The US NFL is where it's at. No sport beats American football.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I didnt expect Mexico to return from that 2-0 but Im happy that they did

4k1x3r said:

Hephaestos said:
4k1x3r said:

De qué estás hablando? México historicamente ha competido muy bien contra los equipos sudamericanos y también europeos, tanto así que desde que participa en Copa América (1993) ha llegado a 2 finales y 3 terceros lugares. ¿Contra los europeos? Has visto a quienes les ha ganado desde México 1986? Se le ha empatado 2 veces a Italia desde entonces, incluso. Se les ha ganado a Croacia y demás europeos en los últimos mundiales y Copa Confederaciones. Alemania y Bulgaria apenas nos superaron por un gol y en penales, respectivamente. Los africanos no pueden competirle en condiciones a México, aún.

The last goal was nice. :)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

dany612 said:
dano said:
I think that Mexico can be very good at times, and very bad at others, but the fact is that it beat the US team by a good margin and showed good skill, also, Giovani Dos Santos scored a goal that ranks up with the best, sadly, the team have never managed to shine when it has the chance and the momentum to, and at times have been outclassed by not so good teams..... but what the hell, i´m mexican and i´m happy that our team is the champion, now let´s hope it fares this well on the next tournament and proves itself against stronger teams.

Sadly that is the truth. Mexico was put to shame when it couldn't even beat South Africa during the World Cup. Y de que parte de Mexico eres?

Naci en Cd. Juarez, me mude  a Torreon, Coahuila y ahora vivo como foraneo en Monterrey, Nuevo Leon por mis estudios universitarios.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688