By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - CELEBRATION! Mexico wins GOLD CUP 2011!

homer said:
oldschoolfool said:
They beat the USA,but I don't think anybody in the untied states even knew about this are really cared for that matter.

I never heard of the golden cup...

Anyways, soccer...pfffftt.... The US NFL is where it's at. No sport beats American football.

You must live  under a rock. Futbol is the world's most popular sport. What is football of which you speak? Is it that sport which African Americans  dominate and where hands are used when it is called FOOTball?

Around the Network
dano said:
dany612 said:
dano said:
I think that Mexico can be very good at times, and very bad at others, but the fact is that it beat the US team by a good margin and showed good skill, also, Giovani Dos Santos scored a goal that ranks up with the best, sadly, the team have never managed to shine when it has the chance and the momentum to, and at times have been outclassed by not so good teams..... but what the hell, i´m mexican and i´m happy that our team is the champion, now let´s hope it fares this well on the next tournament and proves itself against stronger teams.

Sadly that is the truth. Mexico was put to shame when it couldn't even beat South Africa during the World Cup. Y de que parte de Mexico eres?

Naci en Cd. Juarez, me mude  a Torreon, Coahuila y ahora vivo como foraneo en Monterrey, Nuevo Leon por mis estudios universitarios.

Yo naci en Guanajuato, y que estas estudiando? 

I can't give Mexico too much credit for winning this Gold Cup, any other result would have been a disaster. I hope in 2013 they can stand up to the good teams like they did in 2005. Now in this Copa America coming up, Mexico will be sure to make emselves look bad. :-/

^_^

dany612 said:
homer said:
oldschoolfool said:
They beat the USA,but I don't think anybody in the untied states even knew about this are really cared for that matter.

Anyways, soccer...pfffftt.... The US NFL is where it's at. No sport beats American football.

You must live  under a rock. Futbol is the world's most popular sport. What is football of which you speak? Is it that sport which African Americans  dominate and where hands are used when it is called FOOTball?

Not really dominated by African Americans considering the best Quarter backs are white. Football is the greatest sport of all time. No other sport has such epic plays. Soccer is almost as bad as golf. Not to mention all the players pansies who fake injuries for attention. USA>Football>>tacos>>>>Soccer

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Looks like the Mexico players celebrated with a bunch of hookers! Néstor Vidrio, Jonathan dos Santos, Marco Fabián, Jorge Hernández, Javier Cortés, David Cabrera and Nestor Calderon are send home! xD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
homer said:
dany612 said:
homer said:
oldschoolfool said:

Not really dominated by African Americans considering the best Quarter backs are white. Football is the greatest sport of all time. No other sport has such epic plays. Soccer is almost as bad as golf. Not to mention all the players pansies who fake injuries for attention. USA>Football>>tacos>>>>Soccer

Nope wrong. But it's your opinion, nothing I can do to change that. 

Why mention tacos? Tacos rule the world!!>>>>

NiKKoM said:
Looks like the Mexico players celebrated with a bunch of hookers! Néstor Vidrio, Jonathan dos Santos, Marco Fabián, Jorge Hernández, Javier Cortés, David Cabrera and Nestor Calderon are send home! xD

Néstor Vidrio
 sayyy what? No seriously what?

dany612 said:
dano said:
dany612 said:
dano said:
I think that Mexico can be very good at times, and very bad at others, but the fact is that it beat the US team by a good margin and showed good skill, also, Giovani Dos Santos scored a goal that ranks up with the best, sadly, the team have never managed to shine when it has the chance and the momentum to, and at times have been outclassed by not so good teams..... but what the hell, i´m mexican and i´m happy that our team is the champion, now let´s hope it fares this well on the next tournament and proves itself against stronger teams.

Sadly that is the truth. Mexico was put to shame when it couldn't even beat South Africa during the World Cup. Y de que parte de Mexico eres?

Naci en Cd. Juarez, me mude  a Torreon, Coahuila y ahora vivo como foraneo en Monterrey, Nuevo Leon por mis estudios universitarios.

Yo naci en Guanajuato, y que estas estudiando? 

Diseño industrial =)

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

To think Mexico doesnt stand a chance against teams like England or Italy is naive. They often perform good at Copas America with real competition and in the Gold Cup they beat a very competitive USA team (the same one that beat spain, did a good match against England and did a decent world cup in SA last year).

Id say today they have the same level as good south american teams that fight just under the 2 giants (Brazil and Argentina) like Uruguay, Chile and Paraguay and could perfectly beat top teams.

Dont get me wrong, the confederation cup will most probably have European top teams and South American top teams in the final, but some people here are talking about Mexico like if they were ranked 50th in the world.

NiKKoM said:

Yeah but that's the mexican team that will be playing Copa America, not the same team that won the Gold Cup

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069