By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - CELEBRATION! Mexico wins GOLD CUP 2011!

Let's celebrate the victory of Mexico's win! It's consecutive second win! This however, will make Mexico elegible to attend the Confederations Cup in Brazil. After a 2 goal lead by U.S.A, Mexico ends up winning 4-2.

The highlight of course is the AMAZING goal by Giovani Dos Santos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1j0azr7JGw 

Watch the highlights up above!

How do you think Mexico will rank up in the Confederations Cup?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
What is the Gold Cup? The CONCACAF tournament? Which basically means that Mexico and the USA are battling each other?

If yes, then meh.

It's hard to know whether your being serious or not >_< STOP IT ROLL!

Yep, pretty much what Rol said. This is Mexico's sixth Gold Cup. Meh.

RolStoppable said:
dany612 said:
RolStoppable said:
What is the Gold Cup? The CONCACAF tournament? Which basically means that Mexico and the USA are battling each other?

If yes, then meh.

It's hard to know whether your being serious or not >_< STOP IT ROLL!

I have honestly not heard of the Gold Cup before. I know of the Copamerica, but that's mostly a South American tournament, although Mexico regularly participates as well as some random other team.

So I take it, the Gold Cup really is the North American tournament. Mexico and the USA, that's all there is to it. I don't think anyone would bet on a victory of Costa Rica, Honduras, Canada or heck, Alaska.

Yes it really is, it also includes Caribbean nations like Jamaica and Cuba. (Alaska is a state in the United States)

And yeah the finale almost always ends up being United Mexican States vs United States of America. I'm eager to know how Mexico will end up against stronger teams in the Conderations Cup in Brazil.

In other words Mexico is the best of the wortsts.. meh

Btw never heard of Gold Cup before too.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
dany612 said:

Yes it really is, it also includes Caribbean nations like Jamaica and Cuba. (Alaska is a state in the United States)

And yeah the finale almost always ends up being United Mexican States vs United States of America. I'm eager to know how Mexico will end up against stronger teams in the Conderations Cup in Brazil.

Well, Mexico will get owned.

Now I am not sure, if this year's Copamerica will be the deciding one for the Confederations Cup in 2013 in Brazil, but I'll pretend it is. Even if it isn't, it won't matter much. Besides Brazil, most likely Argentina will be the second South American team in the roster. Add Spain and the Euro champion 2012 and you are looking at four strong teams already. Since two nations from the same continent won't be in the same group, Mexico will have to face one European and one South American team in the group phase. The last team in Mexico's group doesn't matter much anyway, whether that is the Africa Cup winner, Australia or New Zealand. Well, I am not 100 % sure if Australia also plays in the Asian tournament now that they play the qualification for the World Cup in that group, but if they do, they should be Asia's contender and that makes New Zealand a no-brainer for the Oceania section.

In any case, Mexico won't pull off a performance like the USA in 2009 in South Africa. They simply aren't as good as the team from the United States.

Mexico is far better than the U.S but it has it's moments. It beat ex world cup champions and tied to Spain in one of their matches. Mexico has improved. It will do okay, too early to tell.

RolStoppable said:
dany612 said:

Mexico is far better than the U.S but it has it's moments. It beat ex world cup champions and tied to Spain in one of their matches. Mexico has improved. It will do okay, too early to tell.

Color me impressed. Mexico played a draw against Spain, the reigning World Cup champion.

Did you know that in 1998 the first match France played after winning the World Cup was a draw against Austria? Now you know how good Mexico really is.

Wow that is impressive! What's Austria?

RolStoppable said:
dany612 said:
RolStoppable said:

Color me impressed. Mexico played a draw against Spain, the reigning World Cup champion.

Did you know that in 1998 the first match France played after winning the World Cup was a draw against Austria? Now you know how good Mexico really is.

Wow that is impressive! What's Austria?

A nation that cannot only boast about a better rank in a World Cup than Mexico despite far less appearances, but also being the winner of the World Cup match with the most total goals scored.

and the one who can't even rank within the top 50.? Disappointed when UMS was beaten by Argentina >_< last world cup

RolStoppable said:
dany612 said:

and the one who can't even rank within the top 50.? Disappointed when UMS was beaten by Argentina >_< last world cup

The top 50 are only for snobs and elitists.

What was more disappointing was that the replay in the stadium showed everyone that Argentina's first goal was offside and the way the FIFA reacted to it by forbidding such revealing replays to be shown in the future instead of finally implementing a system that allows critical situations to be judged again by the referees and overrule wrong calls.

*looks at profile* Hey your from Austria! How's life down there?

Yeah that was one of the highlights, Mexico could of had a chance. 

I think that Mexico can be very good at times, and very bad at others, but the fact is that it beat the US team by a good margin and showed good skill, also, Giovani Dos Santos scored a goal that ranks up with the best, sadly, the team have never managed to shine when it has the chance and the momentum to, and at times have been outclassed by not so good teams..... but what the hell, i´m mexican and i´m happy that our team is the champion, now let´s hope it fares this well on the next tournament and proves itself against stronger teams.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688