By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Support Tales of Vesperia PS3's localization - details inside!

Tagged games:

Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:
Seriously... give up. You could have saved up for a cheap xbox and played it buy now...

It's more the fact that Westerners are stuck with the "beta" version than the fact that they don't want to get an Xbox (at least for most) that's frustrating people.  Being my favorite game this generation, I was hoping to get the extra stuff in the English language.  I am playing the Japanese version, although my JP skills are about kindergarten level right now.

It looks like we will have to wait for the fan translation first to be able to play the PS3 version, which will probably not be out before 2013.

I wish people would stop calling it the beta version, the 360 version had more content than most rpgs released this generation. The ps3 version is just an enhanced version not the final destination lol.

The 360 version of Tales of Vesperia is clearly missing content that should be in the game. Such as the team battle arena, sword dancer boss battles, and the two playable characters Flynn (fully playable) and Patty. Its not like the Playstation 3 version is a port with some  some useless weapons, skills, and titles that people with the Xbox 360 version are missing out on. But some of the content has been in previous symphonia titles and just skipped the 360 version and mysteriously appeared on the PS3 version Namco Bandai knew what they were doing in the first place.

It was missing nothing all that stuff was added in after the fact except maybe the team arena. Every tales game doesnt get all the same extras so saying symphonia got it and vesperia 360 didnt doesnt matter. The 360 version is incredible and is worth every penny in my and alot of others opinions.

The Xbox 360 version is obivously missing Flynn and Patty and the game shows this look at the cutscence after the final battle. There are two missing spots that show that Flynn and Patty was suppose to be in your party.  The reason I mention the sword dancer and team battle arena was because most team syphonia games have them included Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, and Tales of Verperia PS3 version. Why whole they skip features they included in past games for 360 version but add them for the Playstation 3 version?

Lol your reaching  the ending cutscene doesnt show that and if so why is flynn seen in the cutscene getting his blastia core taken and talking? Also they had to add extra features its required by sony amd vesperia was a joint game by both main studios. also as much as they added into the game i can say that they maybe just didnt have the time schedules do need to be met. Though regardless its just speculation.

Go to youtube and watch the ending of the Xbox 360 version and the ps3 version you should notice two spacing are missing in the Xbox 360 version and are filled in on the PS3 version.  I know about Sony policy with late ports which require the extra contents in games. Funny when you mention me reaching when there is plenty of proof around the whole sitution.

trust me i have seen both and do you know how easy it would be to add those characters in to that scene? Theres not plenty of proof of which you speak just alot of speculation.

The proof is that the characters are meant to be in your party so they are part of the main story and they were to be including in the game and have a role in the story. There is plenty of proof you could look it up at gamesfaqs or play the Playstation 3 version.

in my opinion its not proof in yours it is.

What are you talking about? There is plenty of evidence from post by people on other forums such as GameFAQs.

Around the Network
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:
Seriously... give up. You could have saved up for a cheap xbox and played it buy now...

It's more the fact that Westerners are stuck with the "beta" version than the fact that they don't want to get an Xbox (at least for most) that's frustrating people.  Being my favorite game this generation, I was hoping to get the extra stuff in the English language.  I am playing the Japanese version, although my JP skills are about kindergarten level right now.

It looks like we will have to wait for the fan translation first to be able to play the PS3 version, which will probably not be out before 2013.

I wish people would stop calling it the beta version, the 360 version had more content than most rpgs released this generation. The ps3 version is just an enhanced version not the final destination lol.

The 360 version of Tales of Vesperia is clearly missing content that should be in the game. Such as the team battle arena, sword dancer boss battles, and the two playable characters Flynn (fully playable) and Patty. Its not like the Playstation 3 version is a port with some  some useless weapons, skills, and titles that people with the Xbox 360 version are missing out on. But some of the content has been in previous symphonia titles and just skipped the 360 version and mysteriously appeared on the PS3 version Namco Bandai knew what they were doing in the first place.

It was missing nothing all that stuff was added in after the fact except maybe the team arena. Every tales game doesnt get all the same extras so saying symphonia got it and vesperia 360 didnt doesnt matter. The 360 version is incredible and is worth every penny in my and alot of others opinions.

The Xbox 360 version is obivously missing Flynn and Patty and the game shows this look at the cutscence after the final battle. There are two missing spots that show that Flynn and Patty was suppose to be in your party.  The reason I mention the sword dancer and team battle arena was because most team syphonia games have them included Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, and Tales of Verperia PS3 version. Why whole they skip features they included in past games for 360 version but add them for the Playstation 3 version?

Lol your reaching  the ending cutscene doesnt show that and if so why is flynn seen in the cutscene getting his blastia core taken and talking? Also they had to add extra features its required by sony amd vesperia was a joint game by both main studios. also as much as they added into the game i can say that they maybe just didnt have the time schedules do need to be met. Though regardless its just speculation.

Go to youtube and watch the ending of the Xbox 360 version and the ps3 version you should notice two spacing are missing in the Xbox 360 version and are filled in on the PS3 version.  I know about Sony policy with late ports which require the extra contents in games. Funny when you mention me reaching when there is plenty of proof around the whole sitution.

trust me i have seen both and do you know how easy it would be to add those characters in to that scene? Theres not plenty of proof of which you speak just alot of speculation.

The proof is that the characters are meant to be in your party so they are part of the main story and they were to be including in the game and have a role in the story. There is plenty of proof you could look it up at gamesfaqs or play the Playstation 3 version.

in my opinion its not proof in yours it is.

What are you talking about? There is plenty of evidence from post by people on other forums such as GameFAQs.

that aint proof its called speculation.

sorry...as much as I want this game...i given up hope, not mad at you fans for wanting it, just mad a namco and their stupid decisions.

hopefully Tales of Graces F and hopefully Tales of Xillia(if it gets a western release) will make up for us PS3 owners(though they also should try to appease nintendo fans as wel)

Guys, cut it with the gigantic quote walls please. Try to make your posts at least readable by removing old quotes when you're quoting someone.

I will support you even tough the recent reveal by Charlotte Toci has crushed my hopes pretty much (can't complain though I played it in Japanese).

Here's the link : http://ps3.rpgsite.net/news/1136-namco-microsoft-paid-for-western-tales-of-vesperia-exclusivity

In any case we can't accept that so I decided to start a group on facebook asking every PS3 owner who is angry about that to by their BandaiNamco games USED! If we hit them where it hurts ($) perhaps they will listen.

Join me at : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_211739235528767&ap=1

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:

I will support you even tough the recent reveal by Charlotte Toci has crushed my hopes pretty much (can't complain though I played it in Japanese).

Here's the link : http://ps3.rpgsite.net/news/1136-namco-microsoft-paid-for-western-tales-of-vesperia-exclusivity

In any case we can't accept that so I decided to start a group on facebook asking every PS3 owner who is angry about that to by their BandaiNamco games USED! If we hit them where it hurts ($) perhaps they will listen.

Join me at : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_211739235528767&ap=1

Now that's just taking the piss. I could understand if Microsoft had paid exclusivity for a game from a new developer, or a game in a genre such as FPS or WRPG. But paying huge sums of money to keep a game away from the 2 consoles where it would have seen more success is just outragous. Does it really hurt SONY in the end, or does it hurt the gamers?

It is one of my favourite games this generation, and it just irritates me that it feels like I am playing the "beta" version, it feels like I'm missing out on something big (which I am).

Hopefully Namco listens and localises the content, I guess it depends on how well Tales of Graces F and (possibly) Tales of Xillia performs.

What about of releasing the complete version for both consoles in the west? There are plenty of 360 users who have already bought the game, retail or over the GoD.

It would be a stupid decision trick those users now by releasing a complete version just on the system they (probably) don't own.

The game is very hard to find in Europe, it would be a nice re-release.

sorry not gonna happen, ppl need to move on with this and just focus on the new tales of games for the ps3 instead. if ppl want to play this game that badly import it, or play the 360 version. those are your only options.......

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

lurkerwithnosoul said:
What about of releasing the complete version for both consoles in the west? There are plenty of 360 users who have already bought the game, retail or over the GoD.

It would be a stupid decision trick those users now by releasing a complete version just on the system they (probably) don't own.

The game is very hard to find in Europe, it would be a nice re-release.

You can always download it on Xbla :).

When will people understand that it isn't what console it's on, it's the god damn tonne of extra content that came with the PS3 version. That and the fact that the PS3 version will probably see better sales than the XBOX 360 version. They spent 2 years making the game and they can't be bothered to localise some extra content which would double the sales.

Madness.

EDIT: Tales of Vesperia's localisation will probably come down to how well Tales of Graces F sells.