By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Support Tales of Vesperia PS3's localization - details inside!

Tagged games:

Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:
Seriously... give up. You could have saved up for a cheap xbox and played it buy now...

It's more the fact that Westerners are stuck with the "beta" version than the fact that they don't want to get an Xbox (at least for most) that's frustrating people.  Being my favorite game this generation, I was hoping to get the extra stuff in the English language.  I am playing the Japanese version, although my JP skills are about kindergarten level right now.

It looks like we will have to wait for the fan translation first to be able to play the PS3 version, which will probably not be out before 2013.

I wish people would stop calling it the beta version, the 360 version had more content than most rpgs released this generation. The ps3 version is just an enhanced version not the final destination lol.

The 360 version of Tales of Vesperia is clearly missing content that should be in the game. Such as the team battle arena, sword dancer boss battles, and the two playable characters Flynn (fully playable) and Patty. Its not like the Playstation 3 version is a port with some  some useless weapons, skills, and titles that people with the Xbox 360 version are missing out on. But some of the content has been in previous symphonia titles and just skipped the 360 version and mysteriously appeared on the PS3 version Namco Bandai knew what they were doing in the first place.

It was missing nothing all that stuff was added in after the fact except maybe the team arena. Every tales game doesnt get all the same extras so saying symphonia got it and vesperia 360 didnt doesnt matter. The 360 version is incredible and is worth every penny in my and alot of others opinions.

The Xbox 360 version is obivously missing Flynn and Patty and the game shows this look at the cutscence after the final battle. There are two missing spots that show that Flynn and Patty was suppose to be in your party.  The reason I mention the sword dancer and team battle arena was because most team syphonia games have them included Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, and Tales of Verperia PS3 version. Why whole they skip features they included in past games for 360 version but add them for the Playstation 3 version?

Lol your reaching  the ending cutscene doesnt show that and if so why is flynn seen in the cutscene getting his blastia core taken and talking? Also they had to add extra features its required by sony amd vesperia was a joint game by both main studios. also as much as they added into the game i can say that they maybe just didnt have the time schedules do need to be met. Though regardless its just speculation.

Around the Network

beeing Daaaaaayum late with that, and demanding the impossible..

i'll help out, laughing while doing so.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Xen said:
Don't waste money for an incomplete version of the game on the 360. Man up and study Japanese instead.

I sincerely doubt any localization for this game, and have imported the Japanese one already... remember folks - Namdai doesn't give a shit about its fans.

How dont they care about their fans? they are releasing abyss 3ds of which europe never got to play and graces next year to try and get the series back up and running in the west. The 360 version isnt incomplete if it was something in that game wouldnt make sense but everything was done incredibly well. I wouldnt mind a ps3 version with the extras but saying the 360 version is less than steller is crazy.

Do you really think Namco Bandai cares for its North American audience? Tales of Abyss 3D is the same game people in Japan & North America got almost 5 years ago. There are not enhancement but 3D it' a simple copy and paste job.  What about the Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, and PSP games other countries outside of Japan never received? They won't even let another publish the Tales of games they chose not to localize. Finally, Tales of Graces F is another great example Wii owners asked Namco Bandai to localize the game before the PS3 version was announced as was ignored. A year later the game is announced and guess what its the PS3 version so guess what if you want to play Tales of Graces buy the Japanese Wii version or buy a Playstation 3 to play the localize version. Namco Bandai does not care about the North American or Europe audience for Tales games.

WOW! lol Europe never got tales of the abyss and north america getting a port of a game that most of them didnt even know abot is not a bad thing. Why do you insist on them going backwards? thats stupid and basically a waste imo.Okay wii owners cant play graces without a ps3, well western ps3 owners cant play vesperia without a 360 and ps3 or 360 owners can play symphonia 2. its how the series is you seem to need more than one platform to play most of their games like kingdom hearts. You can say they dont care but your not in ther shoes past tales games really dont show them they even need to bring any over for the most part but at least their trying. Just look forward if abyss 3ds and graces do good enough we will probably get xillia and prob a steady flow afterwards. Also you say they dont want anybody else to publish their games but in the end they probably still wouldnt have made abig enough profit for it to be worth it, it more than likely would have sold worse in someone like exceeds hands.

Mad55 said:
Xen said:
Don't waste money for an incomplete version of the game on the 360. Man up and study Japanese instead.

I sincerely doubt any localization for this game, and have imported the Japanese one already... remember folks - Namdai doesn't give a shit about its fans.

How dont they care about their fans? they are releasing abyss 3ds of which europe never got to play and graces next year to try and get the series back up and running in the west. The 360 version isnt incomplete if it was something in that game wouldnt make sense but everything was done incredibly well. I wouldnt mind a ps3 version with the extras but saying the 360 version is less than steller is crazy.

They clearly do not care about their fans and the proof is right in front of everyone's face. 

Vesperia releases on Xbox360 in the West, Tales fans jump to 360. 

Symphonia 2 releases on Wii, other Tales fans jump to Wii.

Graces releases on Wii in Japan, US/EU Wii Tales fans await release, only to find that it will release on PS3, yet PS3 owners will not get Vesperia or Symphonia 2.

Wii fans no get shitted on with Graces and Xillia becomes PS3 exclusive, while also missing on on Vesperia or Symphonia 2.

360 gets a title that no other console gets. Wii gets a version no other console gets. PS3 gets a version no other console gets.

They split the entire thing up. They forced you to shell out hundreds if not over a thousand dollars on (3) seperate consoles if you wished to follow the series this generation. Everyone who owns only a Wii, 360 and/or PS3 gets a Tales game while getting snubbed (2) other Tales titles this generation is they live in the US.

If you believe that is considered caring about your fans then I am absolutely shocked.

If you were a Tales fan who bought a 360 early on for Vesperia would you be happy to see that you got jerked on the following (3) Tales titles? Would you feel like Namco really cared about you?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Mad55 said:
Xen said:

They clearly do not care about their fans and the proof is right in front of everyone's face. 

Graces releases on Wii in Japan, US/EU Wii Tales fans await release, only to find that it will release on PS3, yet PS3 owners will not get Vesperia.

Wii fans no get shitted on with Graces and Xillia becomes PS3 exclusive, while also missing on on Vesperia.

360 gets a title that no other console gets. Wii gets a version no other console gets. PS3 gets a version no other console gets while getting a version that one other gets and gets snubbed on the two remaining versions that other consoles get.

They split the entire thing up. They forced you to shell out hundreds if not over a thousand dollars on (3) seperate consoles if you wished to follow the series this generation.

So did kingdom hearts, but its still doign fine. I said their trying to do better, yea in the past they kinda messed up but at least their probably gonna try to bring more over.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mad55 said:
Xen said:

Graces releases on Wii in Japan, US/EU Wii Tales fans await release, only to find that it will release on PS3, yet PS3 owners will not get Vesperia.

Wii fans no get shitted on with Graces and Xillia becomes PS3 exclusive, while also missing on on Vesperia.

360 gets a title that no other console gets. Wii gets a version no other console gets. PS3 gets a version no other console gets while getting a version that one other gets and gets snubbed on the two remaining versions that other consoles get.

They split the entire thing up. They forced you to shell out hundreds if not over a thousand dollars on (3) seperate consoles if you wished to follow the series this generation.

So did kingdom hearts, but its still doign fine. I said their trying to do better, yea in the past they kinda messed up but at least their probably gonna try to bring more over.

Kingdom Hearts on GBA wasn't shit. Yeah Chain of Memories linked 1 to 2 but it wasn't required in order to continue the storyline since most only cared about the story between Sora, Kairi and Riku, KH1 and 2 are all that really matters. We have no idea yet on what potential damage may have been caused for KH3 due to them persuing all this spin-off garbage.

I have been a HUGE fan of Kingdom Hearts, but I hate the direction S-E took with it. I don't give a shit about Chain of Memories, I don't give a shit about 258/2 days and I don't like playing Birth by Sleep with (1) analog stick, a crappy camera and (3) storylines. I just want to know what the fuck was on that letter Sora and Riku got with Mickey's seal on it at the end of KH2!!!

Even if I did give a damn about those titles they still fucked up the same way Namdai did. They spread that shit out across multiple consoles, making it hard for fans of the series to keep up.

To be honest, when it comes to JRPGs this gen, EVERBODY IS FUCKING UP!!!!

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
Mad55 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mad55 said:
Xen said:

Kingdom Hearts on GBA wasn't shit. Yeah Chain of Memories linked 1 to 2 but it wasn't required in order to continue the storyline since most only cared about the story between Sora, Kairi and Riku, KH1 and 2 are all that really matters. We have no idea yet on what potential damage may have been caused for KH3 due to them persuing all this spin-off garbage.

I have been a HUGE fan of Kingdom Hearts, but I hate the direction S-E took with it. I don't give a shit about Chain of Memories, I don't give a shit about 258/2 days and I don't like playing Birth by Sleep with (1) analog stick, a crappy camera and (3) storylines. I just want to know what the fuck was on that letter Sora and Riku got with Mickey's seal on it at the end of KH2!!!

Even if I did give a damn about those titles they still fucked up the same way Namdai did. They spread that shit out across multiple consoles...

lol i can agree with you there i really just want kingdom hearts 3. These other side stories could have been done after finishing the main story.

Mad55 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Even if I did give a damn about those titles they still fucked up the same way Namdai did. They spread that shit out across multiple consoles...

lol i can agree with you there i really just want kingdom hearts 3. These other side stories could have been done after finishing the main story.

Kingom Hearts 2 took long enough, seriously, 4 years was a long ass wait for me. Now we are on 5 years and have yet to even hear an announcement about KH3.

I am really pissed. The most I have gotten was shit about some fucking 3DS title I could care less about.

Get your fucking shit together S-E, fuck the bullshit spinoffs and give us KH3!! We have had more spinoff titles than mainline titles!!! WTF?!!!

By the time it comes out it would have been a Duke Nukem Forever type of wait...

Wada fucking blows...

Currently playing:

Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:
Seriously... give up. You could have saved up for a cheap xbox and played it buy now...

It's more the fact that Westerners are stuck with the "beta" version than the fact that they don't want to get an Xbox (at least for most) that's frustrating people.  Being my favorite game this generation, I was hoping to get the extra stuff in the English language.  I am playing the Japanese version, although my JP skills are about kindergarten level right now.

It looks like we will have to wait for the fan translation first to be able to play the PS3 version, which will probably not be out before 2013.

I wish people would stop calling it the beta version, the 360 version had more content than most rpgs released this generation. The ps3 version is just an enhanced version not the final destination lol.

The 360 version of Tales of Vesperia is clearly missing content that should be in the game. Such as the team battle arena, sword dancer boss battles, and the two playable characters Flynn (fully playable) and Patty. Its not like the Playstation 3 version is a port with some  some useless weapons, skills, and titles that people with the Xbox 360 version are missing out on. But some of the content has been in previous symphonia titles and just skipped the 360 version and mysteriously appeared on the PS3 version Namco Bandai knew what they were doing in the first place.

It was missing nothing all that stuff was added in after the fact except maybe the team arena. Every tales game doesnt get all the same extras so saying symphonia got it and vesperia 360 didnt doesnt matter. The 360 version is incredible and is worth every penny in my and alot of others opinions.

The Xbox 360 version is obivously missing Flynn and Patty and the game shows this look at the cutscence after the final battle. There are two missing spots that show that Flynn and Patty was suppose to be in your party.  The reason I mention the sword dancer and team battle arena was because most team syphonia games have them included Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, and Tales of Verperia PS3 version. Why whole they skip features they included in past games for 360 version but add them for the Playstation 3 version?

Lol your reaching  the ending cutscene doesnt show that and if so why is flynn seen in the cutscene getting his blastia core taken and talking? Also they had to add extra features its required by sony amd vesperia was a joint game by both main studios. also as much as they added into the game i can say that they maybe just didnt have the time schedules do need to be met. Though regardless its just speculation.

Go to youtube and watch the ending of the Xbox 360 version and the ps3 version you should notice two spacing are missing in the Xbox 360 version and are filled in on the PS3 version.  I know about Sony policy with late ports which require the extra contents in games. Funny when you mention me reaching when there is plenty of proof around the whole sitution.

Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:

Go to youtube and watch the ending of the Xbox 360 version and the ps3 version you should notice two spacing are missing in the Xbox 360 version and are filled in on the PS3 version.  I know about Sony policy with late ports which require the extra contents in games. Funny when you mention me reaching when there is plenty of proof around the whole sitution.

trust me i have seen both and do you know how easy it would be to add those characters in to that scene? Theres not plenty of proof of which you speak just alot of speculation.