By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Support Tales of Vesperia PS3's localization - details inside!

Tagged games:

Dgc1808 said:
Seriously... give up. You could have saved up for a cheap xbox and played it buy now...

It's more the fact that Westerners are stuck with the "beta" version than the fact that they don't want to get an Xbox (at least for most) that's frustrating people.  Being my favorite game this generation, I was hoping to get the extra stuff in the English language.  I am playing the Japanese version, although my JP skills are about kindergarten level right now.

It looks like we will have to wait for the fan translation first to be able to play the PS3 version, which will probably not be out before 2013.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:
Seriously... give up. You could have saved up for a cheap xbox and played it buy now...

It's more the fact that Westerners are stuck with the "beta" version than the fact that they don't want to get an Xbox (at least for most) that's frustrating people.  Being my favorite game this generation, I was hoping to get the extra stuff in the English language.  I am playing the Japanese version, although my JP skills are about kindergarten level right now.

It looks like we will have to wait for the fan translation first to be able to play the PS3 version, which will probably not be out before 2013.

I wish people would stop calling it the beta version, the 360 version had more content than most rpgs released this generation. The ps3 version is just an enhanced version not the final destination lol.

Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:

I wish people would stop calling it the beta version, the 360 version had more content than most rpgs released this generation. The ps3 version is just an enhanced version not the final destination lol.

The 360 version of Tales of Vesperia is clearly missing content that should be in the game. Such as the team battle arena, sword dancer boss battles, and the two playable characters Flynn (fully playable) and Patty. Its not like the Playstation 3 version is a port with some  some useless weapons, skills, and titles that people with the Xbox 360 version are missing out on. But some of the content has been in previous symphonia titles and just skipped the 360 version and mysteriously appeared on the PS3 version Namco Bandai knew what they were doing in the first place.

Don't waste money for an incomplete version of the game on the 360. Man up and study Japanese instead.

I sincerely doubt any localization for this game, and have imported the Japanese one already... remember folks - Namdai doesn't give a shit about its fans.

Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:

The 360 version of Tales of Vesperia is clearly missing content that should be in the game. Such as the team battle arena, sword dancer boss battles, and the two playable characters Flynn (fully playable) and Patty. Its not like the Playstation 3 version is a port with some  some useless weapons, skills, and titles that people with the Xbox 360 version are missing out on. But some of the content has been in previous symphonia titles and just skipped the 360 version and mysteriously appeared on the PS3 version Namco Bandai knew what they were doing in the first place.

It was missing nothing all that stuff was added in after the fact except maybe the team arena. Every tales game doesnt get all the same extras so saying symphonia got it and vesperia 360 didnt doesnt matter. The 360 version is incredible and is worth every penny in my and alot of others opinions.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Don't waste money for an incomplete version of the game on the 360. Man up and study Japanese instead.

I sincerely doubt any localization for this game, and have imported the Japanese one already... remember folks - Namdai doesn't give a shit about its fans.

How dont they care about their fans? they are releasing abyss 3ds of which europe never got to play and graces next year to try and get the series back up and running in the west. The 360 version isnt incomplete if it was something in that game wouldnt make sense but everything was done incredibly well. I wouldnt mind a ps3 version with the extras but saying the 360 version is less than steller is crazy.

If anybody wonts to play the PS3 Version Of Tales of Vesperia (the full complete Version) you have been able to import it from Japan since September 2009. Remember not all Games or all Versions of Japanese Games are released outside Japan. Yes it would be awesome that more people could experience this Game officially outside Japan in English but at this point that is not very likely.

I say don't pass up playing this Game just import enjoy it and hopefully there will be a fan translation like there was policenauts at some point.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

dubble post.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Mad55 said:
Marteds said:
Mad55 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Dgc1808 said:

It was missing nothing all that stuff was added in after the fact except maybe the team arena. Every tales game doesnt get all the same extras so saying symphonia got it and vesperia 360 didnt doesnt matter. The 360 version is incredible and is worth every penny in my and alot of others opinions.

The Xbox 360 version is obivously missing Flynn and Patty and the game shows this look at the cutscence after the final battle. There are two missing spots that show that Flynn and Patty was suppose to be in your party.  The reason I mention the sword dancer and team battle arena was because most team syphonia games have them included Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, and Tales of Verperia PS3 version. Why whole they skip features they included in past games for 360 version but add them for the Playstation 3 version?

Mad55 said:
Xen said:

How dont they care about their fans? they are releasing abyss 3ds of which europe never got to play and graces next year to try and get the series back up and running in the west. The 360 version isnt incomplete if it was something in that game wouldnt make sense but everything was done incredibly well. I wouldnt mind a ps3 version with the extras but saying the 360 version is less than steller is crazy.

Do you really think Namco Bandai cares for its North American audience? Tales of Abyss 3D is the same game people in Japan & North America got almost 5 years ago. There are not enhancement but 3D it' a simple copy and paste job.  What about the Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, and PSP games other countries outside of Japan never received? They won't even let another publish the Tales of games they chose not to localize. Finally, Tales of Graces F is another great example Wii owners asked Namco Bandai to localize the game before the PS3 version was announced as was ignored. A year later the game is announced and guess what its the PS3 version so guess what if you want to play Tales of Graces buy the Japanese Wii version or buy a Playstation 3 to play the localize version. Namco Bandai does not care about the North American or Europe audience for Tales games.