By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 will not sell a lot this holliday season. Heres why

Parents tend to give crap for presents at Xmas so I wouldn't be surprise this is the case.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Sometimes people should just keep quiet, when you feel bored and try to do something, or to say something, please stay away from this website. Thx.

No honestly WTF, when I clicked, I knew it would be something with weird reasons, but I expected at least some reasonable ones, and like at least 10 lines to explain, but what is this? I don't even...

The hacking fiasco was reported all over MSNBC for about a month and they continue reporting about all of the latest hacks and if it will affect their stock prices.

I'm sure the ps3 will get it's ass kicked here in america as usual, but its still going to sell well globally.

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

spurgeonryan said:

I think when it comes to kids this christmas, parents will be buying the kinect since it will have so many kid friendly kinect titles according to E3. PS3 will still sell well to the older crowd because it has good games, and the wii may just have one last sort of big year depending on whether there is more than one big title (zelda sky). Maybe some more colors could give it that final boost, and another platinum club selection put out. I see 360 winning in America, probably sony in Japan, and who knows about Pirate heavy Europe.

Pirate heavy Europe?

Anyway, I think all potential Kinect customers would have bought one last year, the new games aren't really offering anything new to attract new customers. The sheer amount of multiplatform games coming out in Autumn and the fact that Christmas is biggest in America, one of the only countries in the world where the XBOX 360 outsells the PS3, will give the XBOX 360 huge momentum in the holidays. Unless the PS3 gets a price drop to around $199 / 199 euros / £150 then I don't see it outselling the XBOX 360 in the holidays. 2012 will be a VERY different story though.

Around the Network

Just like how nobody buys a box because of the RROD right?...

With a price cut the PS3 will be the number one selling console this year.

Going by this Generation in consoles sales, online means squat to most gamers unless you like shooters.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Its hard to take an article seriously when its written by some dude name FattyDingDong.

Uncharted 3.

naimisharanya said:
Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3

Will sell more and I bet it will be reviewed better. Care to take this bet?

Edit: My comment may seem off topic, but I am judging the ps3's performance in comparison to the wii and 360, not judging it based on its own merits.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius