By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 will not sell a lot this holliday season. Heres why

Parents will remember this unlike core gamers who will block it out. I doubt it will have a significant impact but some parents will not be so keen this was mainstream news not just some random forum post, and people outside of core gamers rather suprisingly have memories too.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
homer said:
naimisharanya said:
Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3

Will sell more and I bet it will be reviewed better. Care to take this bet?

I will take this bet.

30 years of sig control.

Bring it on.

BenVTrigger said:
zuvuyeay said:
BenVTrigger said:

It'll sell fine but this holiday the console sales will be in this order.

1. Xbox 360
2. Playstation 3
3. Wii

don't forget the old saying,"never underestimate the wii in the holidays" it may look bleak but then its pow right in the kisser

yeah I know but outside of Zelda it will pretty much have zero no software as well as it being closer to the launch of the Wii U.  I honstly doubt there are very many people that have held off this long just for Zelda.  Most who were interested have bought a Wii by now.

This holiday will be first that the Wii not only doesn't win but comes in last.  I just don't see much to push it at all.  Kinect advertising for the casual will be in full force and unlike the Wii MS will actually have software as well to push it while Sony will eat up a lot of the sales for the core.  I just don't see how Wii could outsell the other two this holiday.

never underestimate mario, and mario party is just around the corner, ;P

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

BenVTrigger said:
zuvuyeay said:
BenVTrigger said:

It'll sell fine but this holiday the console sales will be in this order.

1. Xbox 360
2. Playstation 3
3. Wii

don't forget the old saying,"never underestimate the wii in the holidays" it may look bleak but then its pow right in the kisser

yeah I know but outside of Zelda it will pretty much have zero no software as well as it being closer to the launch of the Wii U.  I honstly doubt there are very many people that have held off this long just for Zelda.  Most who were interested have bought a Wii by now.

This holiday will be first that the Wii not only doesn't win but comes in last.  I just don't see much to push it at all.  Kinect advertising for the casual will be in full force and unlike the Wii MS will actually have software as well to push it while Sony will eat up a lot of the sales for the core.  I just don't see how Wii could outsell the other two this holiday.

it sounds convincing but i think it can easily sell the same as the others this holiday,its cheap as chips for people getting their 1st ever console,just dance 3(i assume there is one),zumba fitness is going well and someone above mentioned a mario,of course price cuts are going to make it interesting either way i'm looking forward to the xmas prediction thread

Above & Beyond

i have to agree with the Op, because there is no such thing as a "Holliday" season.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Omac said:

The hacking fiasco was reported all over MSNBC for about a month and they continue reporting about all of the latest hacks and if it will affect their stock prices.

well its a good thing no-one watches msnbc, huh.

Educated grown men do. I have to because of work and a lot of other fathers that have kids do.

FattyDingDong said:

@Omac MSNBC is owned by Microsoft, so I'm not surprised.

If you need to watch the market, that's the place to watch. CNBC real time exchange.

naimisharanya said:
homer said:
naimisharanya said:
Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3

I will take this bet.

30 years of sig control.

Bring it on.

I will take this offer if and only if someone who has been around here who is an (addict, member, old guard etc. Heck, ifdthey have been here for longer than a month lol) will not take it. No offence or anything, I just want to make sure that the other person will still be a part of vgchartz by the time I win. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
naimisharanya said:
homer said:
naimisharanya said:
Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3

I will take this bet.

30 years of sig control.

Bring it on.

I will take this offer if and only if someone who has been around here who is an (addict, member, old guard etc. Heck, ifdthey have been here for longer than a month lol) will not take it. No offence or anything, I just want to make sure that the other person will still be a part of vgchartz by the time I win. :P

That seems only fair. 

EDIT:  

Because most people are waiting for the PSP Vita. They will not sell a lot of hardware but I think their sells will come in software.