By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 will not sell a lot this holliday season. Heres why

Xxain said:
Sales didnt dwindle DURING the attack... why would they start almost a half year later?

Xxactly.

Around the Network
homer said:
naimisharanya said:
Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3

Will sell more and I bet it will be reviewed better. Care to take this bet?

Edit: My comment may seem off topic, but I am judging the ps3's performance in comparison to the wii and 360, not judging it based on its own merits.

sales wise for sure I think but reviews?

I think reviewers are inconsistent in general and they will hit uncharted 3 hard saying dumb crap like more of the same or something..but I would be surprised if it gets a meta below gears..what would be the bet?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

with a price cut, even just $50 it'll sell well. Not as well as 360 though, mainly cos of Kinect and that's a bit like Wii in the sense it's very holiday driven.

well not every body that buys a PS3 will use PSN and if they buy it to their kids they would most likely not let them play online and just buy them games that do not use it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Seece said:
with a price cut, even just $50 it'll sell well. Not as well as 360 though, mainly cos of Kinect and that's a bit like Wii in the sense it's very holiday driven.

you believe the 360s gonna outsell PS3 WW Nov-Dec?

you do know alot of what happened last year was cause of the remodel right?

how much more well do you think it well outsell it enough to outsell it for the entire yr cause the 360 is not that far behind

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

how much more well do you think it well outsell it enough to outsell it for the entire yr cause the 360 is not that far behind

June - September yeah, Kinect pushed 360 in Nov/Dec.

I have no idea how much it'll outsell PS3, MS seem very confident and I don't think they'd come out with something like that unless they were very very confident. So I think PS3 will continue doing well up until xmas vs 360, and 360 will narrow that gap over xmas.

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

I have no idea how much it'll outsell PS3, MS seem very confident and I don't think they'd come out with something like that unless they were very very confident. So I think PS3 will continue doing well up until xmas vs 360, and 360 will narrow that gap over xmas.

well im very confident that the ps3 will be the number one selling console this year and that it will outsell 360 when counting sales WW from sept till end of dec 2011

Play Me

Xxain said:
Sales didnt dwindle DURING the attack... why would they start almost a half year later?

took the words right out of my mouth(well fingertips)

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

well im very confident that the ps3 will be the number one selling console this year and that it will outsell 360 when counting sales WW from sept till end of dec 2011

For the year, easily, but the holidays are unpredictable, that relies on the pricing and the casual market.

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

Well good for you, I didn't expect any less from you

If it wasn't for MS comments I'd say the same tbh.