By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 will not sell a lot this holliday season. Heres why

yes, just like when everyone took all their money out of citibank when it was hacked and everyone stopped paying taxes when the us gov sites were hacked.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
homer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
homer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
homer said:
naimisharanya said:
Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3

Will sell more and I bet it will be reviewed better. Care to take this bet?

Edit: My comment may seem off topic, but I am judging the ps3's performance in comparison to the wii and 360, not judging it based on its own merits.

sales wise for sure I think but reviews?

I think reviewers are inconsistent in general and they will hit uncharted 3 hard saying dumb crap like more of the same or something..but I would be surprised if it gets a meta below gears..what would be the bet?

Thirty years of sig control.

make it a week and you have yourself a bet :)

What's wrong? Not confident? No guts no glory right? :P

got brains not stupidity more like it :P neither you or I will know how those two games will end up to know an answer for certain. anywho one week bet, sensible :D don't back out now, let's see if you actually believe your prediction

Come on man. This is a fair bet and you know it. Both of us believe the other has a reasonable chance of happening, but we lean in different directions. Why not making it a bet you will not easily forget? Don't back down from this. Think about the glory!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

got brains not stupidity more like it :P neither you or I will know how those two games will end up to know an answer for certain. anywho one week bet, sensible :D don't back out now, let's see if you actually believe your prediction

Come on man. This is a fair bet and you know it. Both of us believe the other has a reasonable chance of happening, but we lean in different directions. Why not making it a bet you will not easily forget? Don't back down from this. Think about the glory!

yeaaaah no :D it's obvious you don't have confidence so you are just monkeying around with this 30 years nonsense..it's fine we are derailing the thread now..if you actually believe what you said I bet you one week of sig control, take it or leave it :) post on my wall

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It'll sell fine but this holiday the console sales will be in this order.

1. Xbox 360
2. Playstation 3
3. Wii

I bought the PS3 slim this week because it is a lot cheaper than the PS3 used to be, and the one I bought came with a free 100 dollar gift card.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
homer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
homer said:
naimisharanya said:
Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3

Will sell more and I bet it will be reviewed better. Care to take this bet?

Edit: My comment may seem off topic, but I am judging the ps3's performance in comparison to the wii and 360, not judging it based on its own merits.

sales wise for sure I think but reviews?

I think reviewers are inconsistent in general and they will hit uncharted 3 hard saying dumb crap like more of the same or something..but I would be surprised if it gets a meta below gears..what would be the bet?

Thirty years of sig control.

Lol 30 years is an utterly ridiculous bet.

BenVTrigger said:

1. Xbox 360
2. Playstation 3
3. Wii

don't forget the old saying,"never underestimate the wii in the holidays" it may look bleak but then its pow right in the kisser

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
BenVTrigger said:

1. Xbox 360
2. Playstation 3
3. Wii

don't forget the old saying,"never underestimate the wii in the holidays" it may look bleak but then its pow right in the kisser

yeah I know but outside of Zelda it will pretty much have zero no software as well as it being closer to the launch of the Wii U.  I honstly doubt there are very many people that have held off this long just for Zelda.  Most who were interested have bought a Wii by now.

This holiday will be first that the Wii not only doesn't win but comes in last.  I just don't see much to push it at all.  Kinect advertising for the casual will be in full force and unlike the Wii MS will actually have software as well to push it while Sony will eat up a lot of the sales for the core.  I just don't see how Wii could outsell the other two this holiday.

The PSN debacle won't effect PS3 sales in the holidays.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

@Omac MSNBC is owned by Microsoft, so I'm not surprised.

I trust no one, not even myself.