By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WILL go after the hardcores

"Once Disaster, BK3, the Matsuno x Monolith Soft game(s) come out "

Just a question are these games or its predecessors actually available outside of Japan? Because I have never heard about them. So no big news

Around the Network

I stopped reading your post after you said Baten Kaitos Origins is hard. (I will read the rest later).

No, not that hardcore.

For the Nintendo hardcore, I want Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii and in the UK before next summer, a real Paper Mario, a new Metroid game that isn't Prime 3 and is more like Super Metroid, and Kid Icarus.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

PM>TTYD>>>>>SPM

I still love SPM though. I thought the original was the best. It is way harder than TTYD. 

I like Bacon said:

PM>TTYD>>>>>SPM

I still love SPM though. I thought the original was the best. It is way harder than TTYD. 

The truth hath been spoken.

"Nintendo hardcore"? Nintendo own Monolith now. Monolith games are now Nintendo games.

I knew that. I was referring only to the people who bought the Gamecube for the sole reason it was made by Nintendo.

I haven't played the original PM (no Wii points lol ), but I believe if I did, I'd sitll say TTYD is better. But then again I get tired of Bowser being the main enemy all the time. What I liked about TTYD is that it had a new enemy, not Bowser.

Are you kidding? Bowser's most awesome boss battle and best look was in the original Paper Mario. Get your credit card out now. You'll see that TTYD badly ripped off Paper Mario.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I like Bacon said:

PM>TTYD>>>>>SPM

I haven't played the original PM (no Wii points lol ), but I believe if I did, I'd sitll say TTYD is better. But then again I get tired of Bowser being the main enemy all the time. What I liked about TTYD is that it had a new enemy, not Bowser.

BUY PAPER MARIO THIS INSTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soriku said:

What? Then they'd buy Monolith games too since they are Nintendo games now.

No no no no. I don't mean legally Nintendo - I mean "spiritually" Nintendo; or "the Nintendo difference" - Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mario, Paper Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon. You won't really know what I mean unless you actually fall into that category.

Pimkmin..
Mario..
Zelda...

amazing hardcore games, atleast you got metroid.

mM
leo-j said:
Pimkmin..
Mario..
Zelda...

amazing hardcore games, atleast you got metroid.

Zelda is hardcore. I don't see people in their 60s playing it.

Mario to me is both casual and hardcore.

Metroid is.

You misspelled Pikmin, way to go. :-p 

RolStoppable said:

It's pretty obvious that Nintendo was never going to abandon the core gamer market. They already released sequels to quite a lot of their most popular franchises within the first year of the Wii's lifespan. These franchises are the core of the videogame market, they are around since 15+ years.

The current "hardcore" gamers are people who grew up on Madden, GTA, Halo, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy (since VII) and such games. Most of these "hardcore" won't accept and play what Nintendo offers, so it would be wasted effort from Nintendo to make games that appeal to these "hardcore" (these people don't like the "genre" Nintendo games).

Besides, they aren't really an as important group for the market as they think. If they were, they would be able to support 3rd parties enough, so that they would actually post profits.

Core gamers (the people who don't restrict themselves to only a couple or a handful of genres) are much more important for Nintendo (and 3rd parties), they buy games from all genres and they buy a lot of games. That's why Nintendo will never abandon them and that's why Nintendo has already released sequels to a lot of their core games for the Wii (and more are in the works alongside with new IPs).

You are my hero. Good to see you still refuse the dicotomy hardcore X casual. These self proclaimed hardcores are a joke. It goes like this:

pseudo-hardcore: Nintendo is destroying gaming as we know it, they hate the hardcore.
core gamer: Do you miss the Gamecube? That was one of the most hardcore consoles ever.
pseudo-hardcore: ah ... I did not own a GC. My favorite games were not avaible on the GC. You know Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, GTA.
core gamer: Interesting. These game are the most mainstream of their respective genres. It could be argued they appeal to a more "casual" crownd.
pseudo-hardcore: Whatever, I dislike Nintendo games.
core gamer: Nintendo is not genre nor develops genre exclusive games. Ignoring the fact that there are other things than Nintendo games on GC, avoiding Nintendo developed games is as arbitrary as avoiding games that start with F or games with red colored covers.
pseudo-hardcore: Sorry, gotta go. Mom is calling me for dinner.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."