By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WILL go after the hardcores

"IN reality Nintendo games was the definition of what the hardcore gamers played."

I don't know what hardcore gamers are but the other systems have a clear lead when it comes to complex games. And they mostly inherited them from PC gaming.

Bioshock, Mass Effects, Assassin's are a step into the direction of PC games with all their varied options, actions, their complex storylines etc.

Nintendo has clearly stayed in the console game type world with games that are more accessible but not nearly as complex.

Which is no bad thing there should be room for both approaches. Now that PS3 and 360 games get more PClike and complex perhaps some of the less approachable but awesome games like Xwing/FreeSpace/Civilization/Starcraft/Siedler could get a foothold on consoles.

Around the Network

So then I guess the GC was the hardcore games system of choice because it had Baten Kaitos and Origins? lol.

Having a difficult RPG doesn't exactly help your hardcore base much, especially in America.

RolStoppable said:
dgm6780 said:
Wii Play, Wii Sports, Rayman 2, Mario & Sonic, High School Musical & Mario Party 8

Thats 6 of the Wii's top 12 selling games this Christmas, thats the very definition of casual/braindead console. You could win at those games without even knowing how to play.

The other 6 :

Mario Galaxy - classic, but not overly hardcore
Guitar Hero 3 - non traditional game, that is played hardcore by its fans
Crossbow Training - kiddie light gun games
Lego Star Wars - kiddie
Zelda - an action game disguised as a casual RPG
Metriod 3 - hardcore shooter

So of the 12 games that sold 40K+ , only 1 is hardcore in my book. (Metriod) So Rol dont try to tell me 1 out of 4 Wii owners are hardcore gamers. Because if they are they are doing their hardcore gaming on a PS3 or XBox.

Did I ever claim this?

I claimed that based on over 4 million Zelda TP sales. If you'd have checked the million sellers you'd seen that Red Steel, Re4 and Super Paper Mario are among those.

Some people, like you dgm, think they are the definition of hardcore and don't understand people have fun with games like RRR and Mario and Sonic, and despise Nintendo games for some reason. if you don't like Nintendo that's fine, but don't call yourself hardcore if you never played Mario or Zelda.

I don't say that games like BioShock and Mass Effect are not among the better games available and I understand peoples preferences (I don't like these mini-games either) but don't give me this Nintendo=Kiddy Bullshit anymore.

The way you dismiss Lego Star Wars as Kiddy says enough to me.

Zucas said:
leo-j said:
@CB

You dont know what hardcore games, are and yes nintendo abandoned the Hardcore, in order to attract casuals.

Nintenod defined the definition of hardcore games when it came to consoles so don't give me that bullshit.  IN reality Nintendo games was the definition of what the hardcore gamers played.

That was the past  present day they left hardcore to make money.

mM

Hardcore gamers are the ones who paint thier skin purple and wear watermelons on thier feet.

Around the Network

Hardcore gams what are their purpuse is it like there exsist gamers that only buy hardcore games or actully most games are hardcore.

My conclusion there is no core gamers.

Off Topic

Can anyone give me a site that sells Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and can ship it to Norway I have spend the last 2 days looking for that title.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

leo-j said:
Zucas said:
leo-j said:
@CB

You dont know what hardcore games, are and yes nintendo abandoned the Hardcore, in order to attract casuals.

Nintenod defined the definition of hardcore games when it came to consoles so don't give me that bullshit. IN reality Nintendo games was the definition of what the hardcore gamers played.

That was the past present day they left hardcore to make money.

You really are a funny guy aren't you?

RolStoppable said:

Part directed at me:

As you said yourself, the quality of Nintendo's games is still top notch, so there's no need to fear that they will lower their standards in the future.

Isn't it hypocritical from these "hardcore" gamers to think that the Wii is lowering the standards of quality for successful games, when the games for the 360/PS3 often suffer from bugs/glitches (Madden, Assassin's Creed) and are generally shorter than games of the 6th gen? When videogames receive patches on their consoles?

Part directed at HappySqurriel:

I didn't blast others for categorizing them, that was HS in his post, so I am no hypocrit. I pointed out who these "hardcore" gamers are and that they have not much in common with people who started to play videogames in the 3rd or 4th gen or even earlier.

dgm6780 seems to be a good example for someone me and HS were talking about, he's "hardcore".

Yes, Nintendo's quality hasn't diminished any. And I wasn't worried that thier future efforts would either, but I can certainly see how some people would be concerned that many developers may produce a less inspired product in order to match what is currently popular. As I said, I don't sport this notion, but I can understand some peoples fear of it. I also think many of these people unjusitfiably throw the blame at Nintendo. They merely facilitate it (who wouldn't? They're cleaning up!), as we've mentioned earlier, they are releasing both high-quality games as well as the 'casual' type.

My apologies about the hypocrital part, I must've mixed up the posts as I was responding. I didn't mean to call you a hypocrit so much as I meant to pass off that you were being hypocritical. Hope that makes sense. Again, I apologize for my carelessness and didn't mean any offense.

Duke Of Darkness said:
Hardcore gams what are their purpuse is it like there exsist gamers that only buy hardcore games or actully most games are hardcore.

My conclusion there is no core gamers.

Off Topic

Can anyone give me a site that sells Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and can ship it to Norway I have spend the last 2 days looking for that title.

Not sure if you are comfortable with ebay/used games, but there is a copy on ebay.co.uk for a decent price, item number: 120204061868

I just started this game for a second round. Absolutely love it. Radiant Dawn is currenly my biggest Wii itch.

leo-j said:

Zucas said:
leo-j said:
@CB

Nintenod defined the definition of hardcore games when it came to consoles so don't give me that bullshit.  IN reality Nintendo games was the definition of what the hardcore gamers played.

That was the past  present day they left hardcore to make money.

so....if pikmin, zelda and mario aren't hardcore, how can nintendo be abandoning the hardcore if they never made hardcore games in the first place according to you?

way to contradict yourself dickhead