By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WILL go after the hardcores

This kind of thread is silly, don't you think?

I'm 38, i play since Pong was released... i've played many, many, many games in my life, and i don't care if they're "hardcore" or not, i care if they are GREAT...

I understand some people think "Wii Sports" or "Wii Fit" or "Brain Training" are too casual... just like "Buzz" and "Tetris" and so many others... but who cares? These are for me "family games"... and it's a good thing, there should be good games for everyone, and for every tastes...

I'm a very happy Wii owner, and i just know that beat Twilight Princess 100% or collect the 240 stars in Galaxy is long, hard, and fun... is it casual, is it hardcore? I don't know, and i don't care...

If you like a game, and if you like the challenge it offers, then you try to finish it, even if it's hard... some colourful Nintendo games are actually way harder to complete than most of the FPS or GTA out there... some 2D SNES or Gameboy titles are way harder than most games on 360, you know...

Some people find Nintendo games too kiddy, but it doesn't make these games bad, or easy, or boring... it's just a personnal taste... to finish these games, you have to like their "genre" and their universe, but you also have to be a smart gamer with good reflexes and coordination... you have to be a GOOD gamer... not "casual" or "hardcore", cos that doesn't even exist...

My point is: EVERY game is hardcore when played with passion by someone who tries to finish it 100%...

All the rest are meaningless words, and opinions full of prejudices and silly fanboyism... don't want too be too harsh, but some people on these boards are really, really stupid and narrow-minded... and they loose their precious "hardcore gamer" time, they should actually PLAY instead of writing stupid things which will never convince anyone...

Oh, and btw: Happy New Year to all the cool cats out there, i wish you an excellent 2008 full of GREAT and FUN games...   :)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

"it's just a personnal taste... "

but that is what its all about in the end, isn't it? Personal taste. I would definitely say that the Wii and the other consoles cater to different tastes.

In this thread we have two discussions:

1) People stating that you can get games for all tastes on the Wii (which is true although PS3/360 have a huge lead when you want classic games with storylines, real settings etc.)

2) A discussion which of the approaches are "better" resulting in Nintendo-fanboys implying people playing GTA are bloodthirsty mindless teenagers and SONY/MS-Fanboys saying Wii players are idiotic kiddies who play the same retarded italian plumber games over and over and over.

And here we stand. Its not pretty but pretty entertaining.

Nintendo does not really need to address the hardcore gamers at all. Their blue ocean strategy is paying off quite well in my opinion, and the hardcore market really isn't all that important to be honest. There are so few hardcore gamers to the casual gamers its kind of silly to target one specific group of gamers when you can create another one.

Its not what people say that is offensive, it is how we react to it that determines offense or not- REBT theory of Albert Ellis.

Competing in online FPS since 1999.

Currently own a supreme gaming PC playing CoD4

Currently own a Wii with Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Trauma Center: New Blood, Wii play, Mario Strikers Charged, and Wii sports. Looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Http://www.onlinebrawlcommunity.com    Online Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Series!  Feel free to sign up and chat with fellow smashers using our forums.  Casual competitions (i.e. HomeRun Contest) to come soon!