By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: PS3 revision with price cut comming!!!

I too have been predicting that there would be another reduction in size since the 2009 HW revision. Makes sense, SONY being a HW company and all and not to mention their HW history with other platforms *cough cough, PSP, cough cough*. Also the 2009 revision came very early and wasn't much of an overall size reduction.

$199 and official SLIM here we come.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

Very interesting.... The people in this thread who are doubting this are also the ones predicting that the PS3 will get a mere $50 price drop. How old is the PS3 again...this year 6yrs??? Me thinks they are gonna be disappointed.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Not suprising seeing as the PS2 got 2 revisions.

I was expecting a price cut at gamescom, but TGS is cool as well

WHAT?? wrong forums? Im reading the section right now ITS SAYS "SONY DISCUSSION" am I missing something? are you guys just messing around?

Around the Network

PS3 Slin² ?

Above: still the best game of the year.

i think my 2nd PS3 is gonna be the slimmer Slim...but hurry up Sony i need a fukkin backup to my B/C 60GB Ps3 cause it doubt it would survive Uncharted 3...

yo_john117 said:

Did it o.0 ?

brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:

Did it o.0 ?

Wow I just looked online and I guess it only had one slimming...I have no idea why I thought that (although it did have more then 2 revisions reguarding internal parts)

Ping_ii said:
WHAT?? wrong forums? Im reading the section right now ITS SAYS "SONY DISCUSSION" am I missing something? are you guys just messing around?

I'm not sure if this has changed since I last checked, but I think the PS3 is made by Sony

EDIT: Wait, what? You posted this thread. Now I'm confused.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective