By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling jrpg's in Japan (Famitsu)

Damn Dragon Quest! Looks like my DS will get quite a workout the next few years,Have yet to beat a single non Pokemon JRPG on it yet, and I love JRPG's.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Damned what a boring list.

Michael-5 said:
Damn Dragon Quest! Looks like my DS will get quite a workout the next few years,Have yet to beat a single non Pokemon JRPG on it yet, and I love JRPG's.

Good luck with that! :p

I still have to finish some. Like Inazuma Eleven and Radiant Historia. Both extremelly good in my opinion.

PS3 fans will like this new chart :)

Top 10 console jrpg's.

1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) --- 1,904,313
2. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii) --- 486,222
3. Tales of Vesperia (PS3) --- 385,242
4. White Knight Chronicles (PS3) --- 339,690
5. Tales of Graces F (PS3) --- 313,215
6. Demon's Souls (PS3) --- 265,410
7. White Knight Chronicles 2 (PS3) --- 249,350
8. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) --- 224,333
9. Tales of Graces (Wii) --- 223,666
10. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii) --- 212,408

Besides, Tales of Xilia, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Dark Souls and Ni no kuni PS3 are yet to come so this chart will look even better xD How much will they sell?

Carl2291 said:
I would count Monster Hunter as JRPG, really.

I would also say Pokemon isn't an RPG, but actually a pet simulator in the same genre as Nintendogs.

Anyway. DS Domination here.

while I hate what pokemon is becoming. It is defenitly far more of the standard defenition of rpg than monster hunter is, though monster hunter should be considered one too.

Around the Network

Just so people know.

When I say Pokemon is a pet sim, I'm not being serious.

Didn't think it would get that much of a rise.

This is last gen only, right?

good charts bruno

what is monster hunter then,i thought i'd see that 4m psp game on the list

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
good charts bruno

what is monster hunter then,i thought i'd see that 4m psp game on the list

According to Capcom and Famitsu it's "Hunting Action".  MoHun isn't really an RPG, though it shares a lot of characteristics with them and plenty of it's clones do cross that RPG-line.  Sort of a similar situation as Zelda.

Sorry but the Pokemon success shall not be dismissed so easily.

Look at last months figures, Pokemon B/W totally pwned Crysis 2, not a single thread about this. And the game seems very enjoyable.