By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 to be announced at E3 2012 with Timesplitters 4 - Crytek

JEMC said:
Aiddon said:
debunked, move along, people:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/17/crytek-denies-it-has-new-xbox-hardware/

It was too good to be true.

And they needed nearly one week to deny? Is it really reliable?  Or just politics?

EA denied it some weeks ago, too.

No smoke without a fire ;)

Around the Network
Stadelhuber said:
JEMC said:
Aiddon said:

It was too good to be true.

And they needed nearly one week to deny? Is it really reliable?  Or just politics?

Of course Microsoft is preparing a new console, but Crytek has to deny it. After all, it's Microsoft who has to announce the console, not them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Microsoft acquires Crytek to make more even more shooters. This is my next prediction. :)

Stadelhuber said:

But unfortunately this is the internet where we somehow have the quantum situation of smoke appearing without flames involved. Had Crytek done the standard "we don't comment on yada yada yada" ya might have something, but they flatout said "NO!" just like EA did awhile ago. There's nothing more to discuss. Period

It doesn't suprise me, infact Microsoft was hiring staff to work on Next gen software years ago. Infact I bet Microsoft didn't expect 360 to continue selling so well. I'm sure they intended to jump start the next generation in 2010, instead deciding to launch Kinect. I wouldn't be suprised if the Nex-Box is sitting almost 100% complete and that developers may have had kits for a year or two.

Lets put it this way, word has it Nintendo sent out the first WiiU dev kits in 2009. While Nintendo obviously kept it hush hush with NDA's and such I'm sure Microsoft was aware. I'm also sure Microsoft had their own kits ready. Infact since Microsoft started hiring developers for next generation software. I can't find the article anymore origionally posted on Gamasutra a few years ago.

Anyways the only company I am not sure have been working on next-gen hardware prior to 2009 is Sony. I wouldn't be suprised if Microsoft launched the Nex-Box alongside WiiU in 2012, it would definatly benefit Microsoft to have a prescense early in the generation rather then lag behind. I mean look how successful they were this generation launching first.

As for hitting the limits of the HD Twins. I could have sworn CryTek said Crysis couldn't run on the HD Twins and that Crysis2 had to be made specifically for the consoles. I also recall hearing that BattleField3 on PC was looking better then the console twins meaning that PC developers have already surpassed the consoles. This doesn't suprise me at all, the limits of the consoles has already been met I agree maybe the consoles could be pushed alittle harder but the technology is out dated and developers have started to create content that the HD Twins simply can't handle.

I mean they say WiiU according to developers is at least 50% more powerful then PS3. That means that technology has advanced far beyond what the 360 and PS3 are capable of. Also TimeSplitters 4 would make a great launch title and I loved the series, if it is multiplatform for Nex-Box and WiiU I may buy it for WiiU, if its just on Nex-Box it will definatly peek my interest in upgrading from my 360!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Seems I should have read further. CryTek denying it has a unit doesn't mean it doesn't. I mean an NDA is an NDA and relations with the publishers would be greatly damaged if CryTek was to admit to having one. Now people say if CryTek had said no comment maybe it would have merit. Ummm yes and no.

Usually no comment means its possible however we hear no comment all the time and people jump to the conclusion that the rumour must be true. No comment simply means no comment.

Look at Nintendo with the 3DS and DS:lite. With DS:Lite, Reggie then VP of Marketing and Nintendo's main spokesman announced that Nintendo had no new model of the DS planned, days later Iwata unvieled DS:lite. With 3DS developers denied having kits and guess what a few months later it turns out developers all over had kits.

WiiU while no developers denied having kits we now know developers have likely had kits as long as three years. Yet no developers leaked anything. Infact leaks seem to occur right before the software launches and in Nintendo's case developers and Nintendo themselves lie straight to our faces. They don't say no comment they say plain No. Its worked for Nintendo all these years so why wouldn't Microsoft try it?

Just because a developer says no, doesn't mean they are being truthful. This being the second leaked story that dev kits are in developers hands leads me to believe that the early dev kits are probably in developers hands. This story came from a legit source that many gamers trust.

So no, just because a developer says they don't have a kit and that they have no idea about the next system. Doesn't mean shit, developers are bound by NDA's and Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony obviously pressure the developers to say what they want them too. Notice CryTek origionally said no comment then a week later said No kits are here. Leads me to believe their is a good chance they are lying.

Don't believe everything a game developer tells you, they are bound by NDA's and the manufacturer. If Microsoft tells them to deny the story, guess what, they will deny the story!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Aiddon said:

None of that really counters the rumor though.

Crytek wouldn't have new Xbox hardware, like always they'll be using specced PC's until the hardware is finalised, which if it's like 360 could be 4 months before launch.

yeah right LOL

That is devastating news about Timesplitters 4, sounds like they want to make it into a goddamn Crysis game... The Timesplitters series is awesome, but Crytek have more than enough potential to ruin the franchise.

Edit; holy crap, necrobump galore!

Next gen cannot come soon enough and I really dont want Microsoft and Sony stalling and holding it back.