By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 to be announced at E3 2012 with Timesplitters 4 - Crytek

pezus said:
Hyruken said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Plus if the new console comes out in 2012, I believe Halo4 will be releasing out on it......
I mean why would Ms put its heavy hitter on a dying console?

Exactly.

Plus when they announced it they said it was part of a new trilogy. All the showed from Halo 4 was a cut scene with the words "Holiday 2012".

If it is a new trilogy why start it with one on the old format? If your new one is then released in 2013 it will cut the sales of the game bigtime as people upgrade to the new generation.

I am calling it now Halo 4 will be a launch title for the new console. From a selling point of view it makes a huge amount of sense. It will gurantee you a lot of console sales due to the fanbase of the game.

If they don't do that then i would be surprised because why release it on a console that in a matter of months you will be replacing?

They said it was a new trilogy for the Xbox 360. So 3 Halo games left for 360

No.

Saying it's a trilogy doesn't mean all 3 will be on the 360.

They can just release the first on 360 and the other two on the 720 (or whatever it will be called).

Around the Network
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Plus if the new console comes out in 2012, I believe Halo4 will be releasing out on it......
I mean why would Ms put its heavy hitter on a dying console?

Exactly.

Plus when they announced it they said it was part of a new trilogy. All the showed from Halo 4 was a cut scene with the words "Holiday 2012".

If it is a new trilogy why start it with one on the old format? If your new one is then released in 2013 it will cut the sales of the game bigtime as people upgrade to the new generation.

I am calling it now Halo 4 will be a launch title for the new console. From a selling point of view it makes a huge amount of sense. It will gurantee you a lot of console sales due to the fanbase of the game.

If they don't do that then i would be surprised because why release it on a console that in a matter of months you will be replacing?

They said it was a new trilogy for the Xbox 360. So 3 Halo games left for 360

I think you have mis-interpreted what they said.

There is no way the next 3 will be on the 360... thats 6 years worth of games.

2012, 2013, 2014? Sounds possible

T_T

You can't be serious.

Microsoft had their best Christmas ever with the original xbox in 2004, then with very little fanfare up until the MTV announcement a few days prior to E3 2005, proceeded to have the second most successful console launch ever Christmas 2005 for the 360.

Gears 3 is really the last game Microsoft needs to get out there before moving on to their next console, and it's releasing this September.

This much evidence this early certainly points to the fact that the next xbox will be out by Christmas of 2012 and ready to take on Wii U. Note it's been known for some time that certain studios have been working on some future nextbox projects for a few years now ( http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/03/13/next-xbox-720-to-launch-in-2011-2012-according-to-microsoft.htm ) . Halo 4 and Ryse could easily be two of those.

sounds about right to me, I'm expecting an announcement at E3 2012 and a release in the 1st half of 2013, about 1 year after Wii U and PSV and 2 years after the 3DS, which marked the beginning of the 8th gen.

Shadowblind said:

If this is true, I'll actually buy the new Xbox at launch.

But I doubt it's true. For the sake of my wallet, I hope it is.

After what happened with the first xbox360 (RROD), i'd wait for the first revision...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Then the week after E3 Sony will have a "Playstation Meeting" to show off the PS4. lol. I think neither NEED a new console, they just want a new one to compete with the Wii U.

Definatly hope this is true, i'd love to get the new xbox either Fall 2012, or around april/june 2013.

Also, if this is true, i definatly hope they will be bringing Halo 4 to both xbox 360 and xbox (3)

JEMC said:
Shadowblind said:

If this is true, I'll actually buy the new Xbox at launch.

But I doubt it's true. For the sake of my wallet, I hope it is.

After what happened with the first xbox360 (RROD), i'd wait for the first revision...

i don't care about that. my first box died after 10 month or so and i got a replacement 9 days later. i won't wait a year or two only to see that

1. the console was fine for the most from day one or

2. some of them died after a while and then i would have to wait like ten days to get a replacement.

no, i won't wait a few years just to not come in one of these situations..

I'm pretty sure Sony's PS4 will be a year after the release of Wii U and 720 because they want that time for the PS3 to pass the 360 worldwide and to make the Wii's margin this gen seem less significant.

I smell bullshit....

Why would MS say a new halo triology is in the making for 360 when they are gonna come out with a new console soon? I mean wouldn't they want the halo games to be a xbox720 titles to help push the system?