By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 to be announced at E3 2012 with Timesplitters 4 - Crytek

As Kowenicki mentiones Major Nelso actually said on twitter the day before yesterday

"Just ran into a small group of people already talking about Xbox at E3 2012. Now that's some planning for you"

That could mean anything but i think as time goes by and we get into next year more and more leaks will happen in regards to the new 360. That is just the way it is. We live in a society now that has to know everything. We don't like surprises anymore.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
As Kowenicki mentiones Major Nelso actually said on twitter the day before yesterday

"Just ran into a small group of people already talking about Xbox at E3 2012. Now that's some planning for you"

That could mean anything but i think as time goes by and we get into next year more and more leaks will happen in regards to the new 360. That is just the way it is. We live in a society now that has to know everything. We don't like surprises anymore.

We like them, we just don't want to wait for them.

padib said:
If the next xbox is unveiled at e3 2012, then I expect it to launch in November 2012, like it did with the 360. I only see Nintendo changing this pattern on their home console because they want to mimic the success of their portables (hence unveiling at e3 2011 and releasing in April to June 2012). This timing is great for Microsoft because it will break Nintendo's launch hype by creating Xbox hype at e3. Ninty better have big games up its sleeve.

PS4 should launch in 2013 given these timelines, but their lag in development seems to point to a late 2014 launch, unless they're playing a bluff. The bluff is possible because they said themselves that the jump will not be as great this time around, so less R&D required. Given adjustment to competition timelines, I see the PS4 at an early-2014 launch like the Europe PS3 release (March 2007).

I hughly doubt that if Microsoft launches its next console in 2012 Sony would wait till 2014 to launch its competitor. They made this mistake this gen and it cost them a lot of players not interested in them because they already had the xbox.

But at the same time I can't see them launching it too soon because they will launch the PSV at a loss and given its financial results, I can't imagine them having 2 consoles bleeding money.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Fits everything I've always maintained.

1. Nintendo will launch by 2012 (already proven)
2. MS or Sony might launch in 2012 (still a potential)
3. MS and Sony will definitely be out by end of 2013 (still a potential)
4. By E3 2012, at the latest, we will see all three new consoles (1 out of 3 so far)

You can also add stuff to this story.

1. It mentions potential PS4 work.
2. They already said this same engine is working on WiiU. So its plausible this game will be the first big multiplatform game on launch with WiiU/neXtbox in 2012 or all three in 2013 if neXtbox comes that late with PS4.

pezus said:
Play4Fun said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Plus if the new console comes out in 2012, I believe Halo4 will be releasing out on it......
I mean why would Ms put its heavy hitter on a dying console?

Exactly.

Plus when they announced it they said it was part of a new trilogy. All the showed from Halo 4 was a cut scene with the words "Holiday 2012".

If it is a new trilogy why start it with one on the old format? If your new one is then released in 2013 it will cut the sales of the game bigtime as people upgrade to the new generation.

I am calling it now Halo 4 will be a launch title for the new console. From a selling point of view it makes a huge amount of sense. It will gurantee you a lot of console sales due to the fanbase of the game.

If they don't do that then i would be surprised because why release it on a console that in a matter of months you will be replacing?

They said it was a new trilogy for the Xbox 360. So 3 Halo games left for 360

I think you have mis-interpreted what they said.

There is no way the next 3 will be on the 360... thats 6 years worth of games.

2012, 2013, 2014? Sounds possible

T_T

You can't be serious.

It's not that far-fetched. 

God of War (PS2) = 2005

PS3 = 2006

God of War 2 (PS2) = 2007

Halo 4 (360) = 2012

Nextbox = 2013, Halo 5 (360) = 2013

Halo 6 (360) = 2014

I mean he said it was the dawn of a new trilogy for Xbox 360. That's just what he said.

the big difference there is that GoW released 2 games over 3 years, not 3 games in 3 years. Something the mainline halos have not done is only have a 1 year dev cycle. I do not think they would release a halo every year (mainline) it would kill a great franchise they have and I feel microsoft is smart enough to nurture halo to a long lengevity.

Around the Network
pezus said:
thranx said:
pezus said:
Play4Fun said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Plus if the new console comes out in 2012, I believe Halo4 will be releasing out on it......
I mean why would Ms put its heavy hitter on a dying console?

Exactly.

Plus when they announced it they said it was part of a new trilogy. All the showed from Halo 4 was a cut scene with the words "Holiday 2012".

If it is a new trilogy why start it with one on the old format? If your new one is then released in 2013 it will cut the sales of the game bigtime as people upgrade to the new generation.

I am calling it now Halo 4 will be a launch title for the new console. From a selling point of view it makes a huge amount of sense. It will gurantee you a lot of console sales due to the fanbase of the game.

If they don't do that then i would be surprised because why release it on a console that in a matter of months you will be replacing?

They said it was a new trilogy for the Xbox 360. So 3 Halo games left for 360

I think you have mis-interpreted what they said.

There is no way the next 3 will be on the 360... thats 6 years worth of games.

2012, 2013, 2014? Sounds possible

T_T

You can't be serious.

It's not that far-fetched. 

God of War (PS2) = 2005

PS3 = 2006

God of War 2 (PS2) = 2007

Halo 4 (360) = 2012

Nextbox = 2013, Halo 5 (360) = 2013

Halo 6 (360) = 2014

I mean he said it was the dawn of a new trilogy for Xbox 360. That's just what he said.

the big difference there is that GoW released 2 games over 3 years, not 3 games in 3 years. Something the mainline halos have not done is only have a 1 year dev cycle. I do not think they would release a halo every year (mainline) it would kill a great franchise they have and I feel microsoft is smart enough to nurture halo to a long lengevity.

I think they're going to try to top Cod. Some MS guy said at E3 that he truly believed they could top it. If they'll use the same engine like Cod does it could work. 

Halo is going multi platform?

Well the timesplitters 4 trailer make more sense now =p.

Phil Spencer gave a "no comment" when asked if Halo 5 and 6 would be 360 games.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1175819p1.html

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

pezus said:
thranx said:

I think they're going to try to top Cod. Some MS guy said at E3 that he truly believed they could top it. If they'll use the same engine like Cod does it could work. 

There will never be a mainline Halo every year, for starters they simply don't have the resources. At best we'll see a spin off/remake/expansion pack ect.

MS didn't say they want a Halo every year, that quote was taking completely out of context. They want more regular releases yes, that doesn't mean every year and it doesn't mean mainline.

Just because they said a new trilogy on 360, doesn't mean a damn thing!! As you can see from the post above they're already stating 'no comment' on whether they'll be on the next platform.

The only reason Reach and Halo 4 are so close, is that 4 is being worked on by 434, and likely started a year before Reach was out.

or how about that.... XB360 being the minimum requirement to play games from halo4 and after and for a couple years and XB720 being the new one with better graphics better support etc but same game..... you have already that kind of option on PCs why not with a proprietary console.... it should be possible without rendering the task any more difficulte for the devs

could be a good way to keep selling the old system and get the hardcore on the new one... I can see the cons but it could be a good thing if done correctly...