By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SQUARE ENIX on E3: " The Lack of Japanese titles was almost Humiliating"

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Remove nintendo and what has Japan given interesting or innovative? Not much.

Give me a whole bunch of Western devs then, who have given interesting and innovative games. Please.

Haha, thanks, you beat me to it.

Around the Network

Carmina said Japan is games. I believe in her.

Square-Enix brought shame to themselves. It's up to them to decide what or what not shown at the E3. The fact they didn't shown even a single footage of Dragon Quest X, FFvsXIII or even announced KH3 (what are they waiting for? The next gen?), show how much they underestimate us.

But even if that's true, and their jRPGs just can't get relevant here, why can't they just develop something that it isn't a jRPG? How stupid they are? What is their motto? Do the same thing over and over no matter how hard it failed the first time?

Just look at Namco Bandai here. Those guys make all kind of games. Eastern, weastern, RPGs, hack n slashes, fighting games, flight simulators. And most of them were at the E3. Same goes for Konami, Capcom, Platinum Games, Tecmo-Koei, Sega, and Nintendo of course.

And besides, why the fuck can't they credit themselves for Eidos work? If not for them, Tomb Raider would not be rebooted, and would not use the Crystal Engine. Eidos don't even had a clue about what to do with Tomb Raider.

Pfffh. Mind Jack alone can carry Square-Enix through 2011.

Oculin's Box - Sometimes I think about video games when I'm not playing them.

To this date i don't understand why anyone would care where a game comes from. A good game is a good game.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
To this date i don't understand why anyone would care where a game comes from. A good game is a good game.

I think the point they are trying to get across is that they like the game, regardless where it's from. But Western developers don't make Japanese RPG's, so I hope you can see where we are coming from when we say we are dissapointed by the lack of Japanese titles from Square Enix.

brendude13 said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I think the point they are trying to get across is that they like the game, regardless where it's from. But Western developers don't make Japanese RPG's, so I hope you can see where we are coming from when we say we are dissapointed by the lack of Japanese titles from Square Enix.

It's OK, Nintendo has created 2 of the best JRPGs of this gen so far, we can just go with Nintendo =P. I used to love you Square, but you are just not Square"soft" now, and I've started to care less after FF13 lol. I mean really, anybody play anything truly excellent from them this gen other than The World Ends with You? I'd also be super pissed if Versus 13 sucks when I pop it in my PS3.

On a side note, can't wait for Paper Mario on 3DS, ohhhh yyaaaaa~~~

dahuman said:
brendude13 said:
radiantshadow92 said:

It's OK, Nintendo has created 2 of the best JRPGs of this gen so far, we can just go with Nintendo =P. I used to love you Square, but you are just not Square"soft" now, and I've started to care less after FF13 lol. I mean really, anybody play anything truly excellent from them this gen other than The World Ends with You? I'd also be super pissed if Versus 13 sucks when I pop it in my PS3.

On a side note, can't wait for Paper Mario on 3DS, ohhhh yyaaaaa~~~

What are those 2 JRPG's from Nintendo?

And I still care about Square Enix, they have a lot of great franchises under their wing.

opinion only

A word to the TC: He's talking about the decline of Japanese titles by Square Enix at E3, not the decline at E3 as a whole.