By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anybody not like the nintendo wii

I think it is lame. I don't like Nintendo or their games ie first party games. I'll prolly buy a Wii for my daughter, but that is about it.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
Picko said:
Second of all, I almost never play games with my friends. I really cannot recall too many occasions when I've had friends over to play games, we typically do other things when we catch up. Gaming parties just isn't something that my group of friends does. The Wii tends to be a very social console, but I wouldn't use a console that way so that aspect of the system wouldn't work for me. A reasonable percentage of the games are "party" games, so there's a reasonable percentage of the Wii's library that I simply would get no value from.

I think that is my problem with the system as well.  When I meet up with friends it's usually to either go see a movie, go to a bar, go to a pub or restaurant to eat, play pool, hang out at a swimming pool, bbq, go on a road trip, etc, most of my friends simply aren't gamers, in fact one of them hates all types of games and systems including the Wii.  Since I usually play my games alone or multiplayer against people over the internet it probably comes as no surprise that the Wii doesn't appeal to me as much as the other consoles.

I don't hate the Wii, it just doesn't suit me.

I'm not taken in at all by the Wiimote. It can be fun to use for some games, but for me, it just doesn't add anything that's all that great. As a matter of fact, it can be very tedious and cumbersome at times. This kind of ties into my next point.

I'm a big fan of Nintendo's first-party titles, so this would have been enough of a reason for me to purchase one. But upon learning that LOZ: TP, Mario Strikers Charged, MP3: Corruption, and SMG only allowed for use of the Wiimote, I was put off. The Wiimote made Mario Strikers almost completely unplayable, and MP3 and Mario Galaxy just didn't feel the same. I honestly don't know why Nintendo didn't allow for use of the Classic Controller or Gamecube controller with these titles. Is that asking too much?

There's also the price. I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but $250 is way too much for what you get, even if it does include a bundled game.

I can understand why so many people are so crazy about the Wii, especially those who have never played games before, but for me, it's all style and no substance. I'll pass on the Wii this generation and stick with the DS as my Nintendo console of choice as I find its unorthodox control scheme and game library to be far more impressive than what the Wii has to offer.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Lord N: Play the GC version of ToP like I did. Dont remember maybe you can play with GC controls on the Wii version. I feel like you but I think 250$ is pretty cheap. Nintendo give us the choice to use GC controllers! :/

Nobody can not love the Wii. It's Illegal in most countries to hate the Wii.
At least that is what I was taught.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

I would lie if I would say that I dont like it . The fact that it has games like MP3 makes me cry with envy . Still many games are just fast moneymakers , and the PS3 at this point has more potential IMO . I may buy a Wii actually , but now I dont have no next gen. console , I mostly play on my PSP .

In the same time I can understand why people dont like it . The Wiimote is far less responsive than I would have liked ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Yojimbo said:
Lord N: Play the GC version of ToP like I did. Dont remember maybe you can play with GC controls on the Wii version. I feel like you but I think 250$ is pretty cheap. Nintendo give us the choice to use GC controllers! :

Oh, I did play the GC version. And as far as I know, the Wii version is Wiimote/Nunchuk only.

Nintendo didn't give the choice for GC controllers for every game. If SMG, MP3: Corruptio, and Mario Strikers allowed for it and if the price were $199 or lower, there'd be one sitting below my TV right now.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

I'm just not bothered about the Wii. Non of the games really appeal to me, I enjoyed the N64 Mario Kart and other Marios up to that point in history(when I was 16-18)... Now I'm in my late 20's and want something with more depth than another Mario re-make or shaking a wand around that may as well be a T.V remote that was invented in the 70's anyway.
Still Nintendo do a great job in appealing to a wider market... even if I'm not apart of it in this generation.

Edit..

I'm not really happy with the 360 either, glad my younger brother bought it instead as he is on the 3rd one now...lol.

No doubt i'll get jumped on now with people claiming the Wii is the best thing since sliced bread(In the video game market)... Granted the market would have been quite stale this christmas if it wasn't for the Wii, but it just aint for me.

Good to see this site is still going 

@Quartz what kind of games do you like, or do you just object to the controls period?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
@Quartz what kind of games do you like, or do you just object to the controls period?

Silent Hills, Final Fantasys, Suikodens, Resident Evils, Dynasty Warriors. These are the sort of games I like, also Oblivion. In that respect the Wii with it's image and controllers I don't feel work in that respect.  I dislike the wii controls probably because I have grown up with more 'standard controls' and I feel the new wii control methods don't match the game styles I like. Yes you can get a Wii pad... but I think it's cheap, as in not really up scratch compared to the controls other systems offer.  But then again I may not be buying a console in this generation period. 

Good to see this site is still going