By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anybody not like the nintendo wii

ClaudeLv250 said:
Where did this new"toy" bullshit come from? Like PS3 and 360 aren't toys to be played with? What do you do, stare at the games all day? I guess graphics are becoming the most important factor.

Well that's why people call themselves hardcore gamers now a days, so they don't feel like jerks for wasting so much time playing with a toy. People should stop being so insecure, it's no way to live.

Around the Network

KASC

So if all of a sudden net year it starts to sell better than the wii will it be considered a failure?

mM
leo-j said:
KASC

So if all of a sudden net year it starts to sell better than the wii will it be considered a failure?

No.  It will be considered a rift in the spacetime continuum.

leo-j said:
KASC

Depends how much more it sells. If it does anything less then have somewhere around 80-90% of the dominance the PS2 had, than yeah. It's still a failure based on it's initial projections, even if it ends up barely ahead of the Wii and 360 in lifetime sales. The PS3 was supposed to be the next PS2. It's a bitch being part of a famous family, ask Eli Manning. Or... I don't have a europeon equivlent to this one... uh, Guyuk Khan?

I can't stand it. Mario sucks, and don't even get me started on how much I hate that rehashed Zelda crap. Nintendo should just quit gaming now.

Around the Network

So much Wii hate I don't understand?

I dislike it. But may one day purchase it for SMG and Fire Emblem, or just get a loan of one.

I don't like it all. It doesn't give me the highest quality gaming experience possible. It's the PS1/PS2 of this generation. What I need is the N64 of the generation.

xomaniac said:
i didnt used to but for some reason i do now (but i dont, and probably never will own one)
i just think everyone likes it
and if u dont like it what is your current console (mines ps3)

I don't like it either. I can see motion controls being fun if your at a party or you have some friends over, but if your by yourself doesn't it get tiring waving around a controller? Also I used to not be into shooters (i was always a sports game guy) until later in the PS2's life, and i think that shooters don't look fun at all on the Wii, it looks way to hard to control the shooter. I saw a video for I think it was Crossbow training and the guy could barely hit anyone with the controls and the targets were standing still!!

I think Sony was smart by only having a bit of motion control, although i think they shouldn't have any at all and stick with the normal controller and keep rumble since a lot of people seem to be complaining. If I just want to sit and be lazy and play a video game i don't want to be standing up and waving around my controller, i just want to sit back in my nice leather chair and enjoy a couple hours of fun.