By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anybody not like the nintendo wii

I liked the gamecube, and like my DS but the Wii is simply not my cup of tea.

Around the Network
daactualfact said:
Branko2166 said:
I don't hate it though I'm not a fan of the wiimote. I hate the fact that a gimmick is being forced down people's throats. If it used a classic controller I would consider buying it. As it stands I will never get a wii but will consider the next nintendo console if it comes with standard controls.

the wiimote is a revolution/1 it's a new way to play games rather than the regular analog. also, how hard is it to get a classic controller? there are barely any around in stores! (if nintendo bundled it with the wii the wii would sell even more than usual.

It is easy to get a classic controller but the point is that because the wiimote comes standard on the wii, developers have to design their games to be played on the wiimote.

Lord N said:
Yojimbo said:
Lord N: Play the GC version of ToP like I did. Dont remember maybe you can play with GC controls on the Wii version. I feel like you but I think 250$ is pretty cheap. Nintendo give us the choice to use GC controllers! :

Oh, I did play the GC version. And as far as I know, the Wii version is Wiimote/Nunchuk only.

Nintendo didn't give the choice for GC controllers for every game. If SMG, MP3: Corruptio, and Mario Strikers allowed for it and if the price were $199 or lower, there'd be one sitting below my TV right now.

I understand completely if you don't like waggle sword slashing in Twilight Princess, but I don't know why anyone would ever want to play SMG or MP3:C on a Gamecube controller.

I'm seeing a ridiculous ammount of shallowness from people saying they dislike the Wii, and at the same time I'm seeing those same people base their comments on 1 or 2 games they played that came out with the Wii at launch.

It's been a whole year now, look on one of the other threads about the Wii being crap blah blah, one poster listed over 30 games that can easily appeal to hardcore gamers, all of which were generally reviewed favourably by critics and the public. (which is the primary excuse I'm seeing for people not liking it)

I have the feeling some people here are ashamed to say that they don't like the Wii because of it's lack of power compared to the PS3 or 360.

ive owned a wii since either july or august and i never play the thing... had red steel took it back and bought metroid played it for a cpl hours and never put it back in, i now have galaxies and dont find it too enjoyable... not bad games at all just feel like i should have paid 19 dollars for them instead of 49 (39 for red steel)... wii sports is mildly entertaining but not very much so ive actually had more fun watching my nephew and sister play then i have from playing it (no i dont suck at it or anything im actually quite decent especially at the baseball and tennis... boxing and bowling not so much) myself but mostly because they were enjoying it and i felt i was finally getting my moneys worth from it

Around the Network

The Nintendo Wii is a splendid console. The only problem I have with it is that the demand is so high and it prevents me from finding a Wii. Thats the only thing that is annoying the hell out of me.

Other the that, the games are awesome as can be. I really want to play Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Wii Play, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and many more.

I played my Gamecube alot last generation compared to the PS2 surprisingly, just because Nintendo has some really unique and awesome games that are worth checking out.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
MrMarc said:
I'm seeing a ridiculous ammount of shallowness from people saying they dislike the Wii, and at the same time I'm seeing those same people base their comments on 1 or 2 games they played that came out with the Wii at launch.

It's been a whole year now, look on one of the other threads about the Wii being crap blah blah, one poster listed over 30 games that can easily appeal to hardcore gamers, all of which were generally reviewed favourably by critics and the public. (which is the primary excuse I'm seeing for people not liking it)

I have the feeling some people here are ashamed to say that they don't like the Wii because of it's lack of power compared to the PS3 or 360.

Has nothing to do with lack of power. As I have posted before I have my own reasons why I'm not interested in the system.  Although some people like yourself may find it hard to believe that there are people in this world who are not interested in the system for one reason or a multitude of reasons.

Good to see this site is still going 

every console has its good and bad points, i like all 3 but the only way i'll ever play them instead of my DS is if they pull it from my cold dead hands

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

Lord N said:

There's also the price. I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but $250 is way too much for what you get, even if it does include a bundled game.

I agree $250 is way too much for such out of date hardware. Clearly you get more for your money with the PS3. (Of course that why Sony is losing money on their systems) Once you get a HD TV (720p is a huge improvement) you don't want to go back watching movies/playing games in 480p anymore.

I've been playing games in HD for years on my PC so why do I want to pay $50 for games still in 480p. Since Wii is so much "Yesterday" is the reason I don't want them to get 3rd parties software. While Wii maybe good to the casual gamer I don't see it as good to the hardcore gamer like myself.

P.S i believe Nintendo have realize their mistake  of having such out of date hardware by offering Wii HD.   It's probably too little too late now.

it's normal that some people may not like the wii, simply not made for them, but to say that you hate it.....this would make you a maniac or a fanboy of sony or microsoft....

i dislike the xbox360, but i say it's good even if it wasn't made for me....but i definitely not hate it..... ;p

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!