By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anybody not like the nintendo wii

ur rite munkeh111 its a really dull console unlike the ps3 and the xbox 360..wii is like a piece of toy compared to the other consoles

PSN ID: shindinator

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Dont fall for the hype, I hate it more than I hate my worst enemy.

and you used to say you liked it. A lot of people will hate the wii though, for the same reason a lot of people hated the bulls when they had MJ, the Yankees, always or the lakers when they had Shaq and Kobe. So many people hated Shaq and Kobe in LA, but he moves to Miami and everyone loves shaq. I'm not saying there arn't people who don't actually dislike the console, but when your at the top of the hill there are going to be plenty of people who hate you just to hate you. Hell look at the people who are glad the PS3 failed because of the PS2 Or the people who hate the 360 because they hate microsoft for being so big. World is just filled with a lot of haters. Wii will likely have the most because it's the most popular.

Pedrisimo said:

The people I work with at GameStop pretty much all hate the Wii, because every five seconds someone asks if they have any in stock. Let me tell you right now, it gets old. Fast.

But I have a Wii and think it's the best thing to hit videogames since.....I dunno.....Pong, and about as revolutionary (I hope).

Hey it's there fault for keeping empty boxes on display when they don't have any. Hah, i could take pictures of so many places that "Have wii's in stock", but in reality they are just big piles of empty boxes to lure customers in... to piss them off i guess? I don't even get why they do it?

I don't know if people know this... but a lot of games don't use the wiimote.... at all.

Aside from as a regular controller. Like seriously, half the games i have don't even use the thing, and just act as a way more comfortable controller because you don't have to have your hands together... and half of the other games support using the gamecube controller.

I mean, if your using a wiimote and numchuck for a game that doesn't use pointing or motion control, there is nothing more comfortable.

Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:

and you used to say you liked it. A lot of people will hate the wii though, for the same reason a lot of people hated the bulls when they had MJ, the Yankees, always or the lakers when they had Shaq and Kobe. So many people hated Shaq and Kobe in LA, but he moves to Miami and everyone loves shaq. I'm not saying there arn't people who don't actually dislike the console, but when your at the top of the hill there are going to be plenty of people who hate you just to hate you. Hell look at the people who are glad the PS3 failed because of the PS2 Or the people who hate the 360 because they hate microsoft for being so big. World is just filled with a lot of haters. Wii will likely have the most because it's the most popular.

The PS3 failed?? Thats news to me :P

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:

So the PS3 having sold more than the 360 in its first year, at a higher price point and a handfull of games is a failure? Not quite. It sold less than the Wii for sure, but look at the price difference, and the fact they played up on the new Wii-mote in all of there advertising. Something the PS3 did none of.......advertise. Now with the price being lower, the games being out with a lot more anticipated games in 08, the PS3 will do fine.

I loved it for about a month!
Haven't touched it in a long time.
My kids still play it here and there when their friends come over but mostly they play my Xbox360.

I'm sure many people love it for various reasons, but I don't understand it.

its alright. I'm not a fan of nintendo new attitude. At all.

The quality of games is still the same as the gamecube. Nintendo has the best games while there is 1 or 2 good third party games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't hate it but there's really nothing about it that excites me at the moment. I personally don't buy games at their full price unless I'm really looking forward to a game (such as halo 3 or Final Fantasy XII) so I'm basically waiting till I can find some good Wii games in a pawn shop for $20 or less.

Again looking at the games though there hasn't really been anything that really caught my eye except RE4: Wii edition and I would've bought that if I hadn't played it on my gamecube so many times. I'm sure Mario Galaxies is fun but I just can't find it in myself to play another game where I have to save the princess all over again. Metroid Prime 3 looks cool but after looking at a few reviews I'm definately not going to pay full price for that and will be waiting for that one in a pawn shop. Twilight Princess I played on the gamecube (friend let me borrow his copy when he finished). The only really good game coming up that I can think of is Super Smash Bros Brawl and to me it basically looks like an updated Melee with online play (you basically use the gamecube controller! It might as well have been on the Gamecube then!). The only game I really liked on the Wii was Trauma Center: Second Opinion and I'm waiting for the price to go down on New Blood before I buy that. But ever since I beat Trauma Center: Second Opinion when I first got my Wii i haven't really touched it in about a little less than a year. 

One thing I wish that Nintendo would do is have games with original storylines. I liked the storyline for Trauma Center: Second Opinion and from the Zelda and Metroid series but there really isn't much storyline wise in their games (I'm looking at you Mario!). To me it just seems that the plots for games in the other consoles are much better than what they have on the Wii and I know I'm one of the few but storyline is what really makes a game for me. It pulls me into world and gives me a purpose for actually beating the game. I mean why should I bother saving Princess Peach again when I know she's just going to be captured again in a few more years? 

shindinator said:
ur rite munkeh111 its a really dull console unlike the ps3 and the xbox 360..wii is like a piece of toy compared to the other consoles
 Arn't all consoles just a toy? Yes they are. Dull no the Wii shines doesn't it? 

"Like you know"