By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will 'win' E3?

Who will win E3?

Nintendo 54 40.30%

Microsoft 16 11.94%

Sony 33 24.63%

All equally good 4 2.99%

I don't care. I'm not that sad ;) 6 4.48%

NINTENDO IS 4 KIDZZZ! 8 5.97%

See results 13 9.70%

Total:134

It's that time of the year again. E3 is now mere days away, and the hype is almost uncontrollable. But, who do you reckon will 'win' E3? (This is between Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo only.)

So, what can we expect from each company this year E3?

Sony:

Hardware

NGP- likely specs, price, games and what it can do to overcome the 3DS.

New PS3 model (?)- After all the hacking fiasco, will Sony create a hack-free PS3?

Price Drop- Maybe it's time...

Software

PS3/PSP cross-overs- We've heard of these already, a reveal at E3 is likely.

Big Winter game, Uncharted 3- It's likely a lot of time will be dedicated to this game, looking at the hype

NGP launch lineup- Monster Hunter, Little Big Planet, Uncharted...who knows...

New games- There's likely to be a surprise announcement, new Sly game maybe? Tekken? Who knows...

The rest- Games like Ratchet And Clank- All 4 one need to be shown, you know. And all the Move games as well.

Nintendo:

Hardware

Cafe- Nintendo's set to reveal it's new home console to the world, but will it be what we want?

3DS colours/system update- The system update is on the same day as their show, will there be some cross-over?

Software

Cafe launch- if it's anything like 3DS, they'll be  long list of 3rd party developers waiting for the 3DS. GTA V and a new Smash Bros. are the most hinted at.

3DS games- We all know the 3DS has had a lukewarm start, but that's likely to change at E3

Big Holiday games- ZELDA!! It's Zelda's 25th Birthday, and with at least 2 games being shown, what better way to celebrate!

New games- What does Nintendo have left for Wii and DS? What can we expect on 3DS?

Exsisting games- Xenoblade and other Japan-only games are likely to be shown, DQX? Resident Evil? Mario Kart 3DS? Etc.

Microsoft:

Hardware

Kinect- Can Microsoft keep the 360 alive with Kinect?

Price cut- It's currently last of the big 3, Wii's price cut worked, will MS follow suit?

Software

Kinect Titles- It's been a while since we've had a huge Kinect game, is that all about to change?

Big holiday game- Gears 3- It's tearing up the pre-order chart, what will Microsoft show us?

New games- Will we see a new Halo at E3? Forza? Who knows...

3rd Party support- Will we see any big 3rd party games, exclusive to the 360 this year at E3?

My, just reading that list makes me over-excited! I know it's only a couple days, but I CAN'T WAIT TIL E3! 

Personally, I reckon it'll be close between Sony and Nintendo with Microsoft a distant 3rd, but what about you?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Cone this is a bit of a tired topic at this point, I think. But what the Hell, right?

This is Nintendo's to lose both in terms of impact and in terms of impressing gamers. They showed with their Wii lineup last year that when their noses are to the grind they can pump out lineups that are unmatched save by the very heaviest hitters from their competition. More, a hardware reveal - especially if it has footage for new games, much less playable demos - is almost always going to be a real show-stopper.

Nintendo "losing" E3 would require the kind of gaffe that's easiest to imagine if you were to compare Nintendo to a politician. This would be the equivalent of giving a campaign speech, walking off the stage, tripping and landing head-first in a shit pie, then wiping your face off on 200-year-old drapes.

With luck - any luck - that won't happen.

None of those options. Lucasarts will win IF they announce a new Battlefront.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Gamers.

*beams*

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Nintendo will almost certainly "win" again. And no doubt the prize will be just as sweet.

Around the Network

Why did people actually vote for microsoft, last I checked they probably wont reveal anything great..

Microsoft will shock everyone.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

It was a tough choice between Sony and Nintendo.

I finally went with Sony only because I'm pretty sure we're not going to see any Move crap, and that means two hours of quality Sony brilliance. Sony has the NGP and Nintendo has Cafe, but I can see Sony showing a slightly better lineup of games than Nintendo.

Also I don't want Ninty to win two years in a row

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Gnac said:
Gamers.

*beams*

I'm not sure gamers have an E3 press conference, to be honest.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

hatmoza said:
Microsoft will shock everyone.

I don't think that's gonna happen somehow

No matter how much you hope!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.