By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will 'win' E3?

Who will win E3?

Nintendo 54 40.30%

Microsoft 16 11.94%

Sony 33 24.63%

All equally good 4 2.99%

I don't care. I'm not that sad ;) 6 4.48%

NINTENDO IS 4 KIDZZZ! 8 5.97%

See results 13 9.70%

Total:134

Somebody owes me and Seece 100 pts. I am bringing the sexy back to vgchartz.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:

Looking sexy but now we are so offtopic. 

Acevil said:
psrock said:

It's Nintendo's E3 to win, MS will show tons of games ( core ) Sony will try to make us feel secure. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Conegamer said:
Rainbird said:
Xen said:
It's gonna be a really bloody fight between Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft, this year, is not even close IMO.

I think Microsoft will surprise with good core Kinect games. But I think I'm a minority. A one man minority...

*ahem*

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-the-rubbish-ms-will-announce-for-xbox-360-202831.phtml

It looks very difficult IMO

Honestly, I don't see how that changes anything. The Fable game could be awesome, Dance Central was renowned as the best dance game around, and XCommerce is something we have no idea what is. Microsoft said they'd be showing ten new IPs, and I'm only counting two on that list, so there's still plenty of room for good games, even if all those five are complete rubbish.

And that's before we start looking at games like Mass Effect 3 and the new Ghost Recon that are rumored to use Kinect.

psrock said:
Acevil said:
psrock said:

It's Nintendo's E3 to win, MS will show tons of games ( core ) Sony will try to make us feel secure. 

I think sony will be do a wonderful job this year. Infamous just around the corner, uncharted 3 just 6 months out. NGP announcements, about to come. 

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
fastyxx said:

NGP has pretty strong buzz, but I wonder about the price point - - and a handheld dominating E3? If it were Japanese E3, maybe?

I think the 3DS did pretty well at that last year actually.

Depends on what you mean by "winning".  The response to 3DS has been somewhat softer than anticipated, though seemingly pretty solid, and when we left E3 last year, we thought demand and hype for it would be much bigger.  Conversely, we all sort of mocked Microsoft, but if you go by sales and success, I don't think there's been anything close - all their numbers are up, Kinect took off and has been very successful, etc.  

There's often a contrast between what we as gamers latch on to in the hype of E3 and what actually works as a way to find success in the marketplace.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Nobody want's to be the 'Wii', not even Nintendo anymore it seems.

fastyxx said:
Rainbird said:
fastyxx said:

NGP has pretty strong buzz, but I wonder about the price point - - and a handheld dominating E3? If it were Japanese E3, maybe?

I think the 3DS did pretty well at that last year actually.

Depends on what you mean by "winning".  The response to 3DS has been somewhat softer than anticipated, though seemingly pretty solid, and when we left E3 last year, we thought demand and hype for it would be much bigger.  Conversely, we all sort of mocked Microsoft, but if you go by sales and success, I don't think there's been anything close - all their numbers are up, Kinect took off and has been very successful, etc.  

There's often a contrast between what we as gamers latch on to in the hype of E3 and what actually works as a way to find success in the marketplace.

Very true.

I would still say that during E3, the 3DS was the hottest platform around, and that it did kind of dominate E3.

Seece said:

Nobody want's to be the 'Wii', not even Nintendo anymore it seems.

I think it was more so last E3, when companies tried to push the motion control after nintendo, also nintendo is still in a pretty comfortable position because of the profit that console has made. 

'Price cut- It's currently last of the big 3, Wii's price cut worked, will MS follow suit?'

So much god damn fail it's unreal, you have no idea of Wii's price cut has worked, a boost initially does not proove a damn thing. Come back in 3 months.

MS will not base their price cut on being 3rd this week they're ahead in shipments this year by 600k and 1.4 mill PS3/Wii respectively ......