By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - GamrConnect 2.0 - Comments and Suggestions

I really like the new site but I have some issues with it:

1. The notifications: at first I clicked on "notifications" as that seemed to be the most logical thing to do, but the notification screen just tells you that someone have written on your wall or something; it would be better if it showed the actual message as well. So, after a few trips to the notiscreen I just went directly to my profile so I could read the messages directly but the notification doesn't seem to go away until I check my damn notiscreen again!

2. Sigs: Sometimes it's near impossible to see where the signature begins, especially in those cases where there's nothing but plain text in the sig. A separator that's actually visible would be nice!

3. I guess this issue wasn't very significant since I forgot what it was...

4. The new site did nothing to improve my grammar!

Around the Network

I like the format layout for quick reply too.

Suggestions:
- Like buttons on thread topics, or maybe even comments?
- Make either a mobile version of the website, or a mobile friendly version. I would like to post comments in the forums off my smartphone. I can only do such a thing on profile wall posts and such.

Comments - Please don't turn VGC into a crazy add filled IGN website. That website loads so slowly when I don't have a good connection. I like how GamrFeed shows all news stories periodically and it isn't hard to find stuff.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

spenderzz said:
This is neither a complaint nor a suggestion, but I wasn't sure where else to put it and it didn't seem to warrant a thread of its own, so here goes:

Browsing the points page, I noticed that you now get points for inviting a new user who signs up, but I have searched high and low and seen no sort of "Invite a Friend" option anywhere. Am I missing something, or do they just list you as a referral when they sign up, or is this a feature that has yet to be implemented?

Yet to be implemented. Don't try to cheat it, though: they'll be watching it very carefully.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I love gamrconnect 2.0

Just a few things though,

I dont like the homepage of VGC now where I think there are too many articles in the homepage and the Forum section is just shafted to the side in a tiny section... I want it to be really visible and big like the prevous VGC homepage.

Also I find the Around the Network thingo below every OP to be very annoying.

You know what would make adding banners much easier? A selection box in Game Search, like we have for Box Art.

Banner: (Yes/No/Both).

Around the Network
Cross-X said:
I love gamrconnect 2.0

Just a few things though,

I dont like the homepage of VGC now where I think there are too many articles in the homepage and the Forum section is just shafted to the side in a tiny section... I want it to be really visible and big like the prevous VGC homepage.

Also I find the Around the Network thingo below every OP to be very annoying.

You could just use the gamrConnect home page now. And if you want a full list of Hot Topics, go to Hot Topics, which is still there.

As for Around the Network, it's really not that bad. It shows you what's been posted on Feed and Review, and it doesn't take up any more vertical space than the ad, which has always been there.

Just noticed you can edit thread titles, great

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

It would be nice to be able to have more than one of the same widget. Lets say I want to have a separate widget that only shows Sony threads and then one that shows only off topic threads, but I don't want them combined, would be nice to have them in different windows.

I also suggest having a Recent DB Activity widget. Where it shows all the happenings on the DB with check marks to include and exclude whatever to make things easier to moderate and catch mistakes. The current one only shows friend activity. On the other hand, I dont like friend activity and DB activity combined. DB activity can easily drown out social activity.

So yeah, an option of being able to have more than one of the same widget would be nice.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
TeddostheFireKing said:
why is the forum section so small on the VGChartz homepage? :(

I wish it was bigger also. 

S____M____C____C said:
No, I'm afraid I hate the new site. I know a lot of hard work has went into it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

- Too 'in my face' - the writing is big, avatars are big.
- The following 'Forum Buddy' just makes it seem cluttered
- Still need to go through a lot of pages to get to places you want to go
- Still hate the colourscheme of gamrconnect
- Far too many forum sections
- I hate this whole profile thing, with 'walls' etc. This isn't facebook
- Hate the way there are ad's at each side (like the VGC E3 ads)
- Badges and stuff are ridiculous

All in my opinion of course. I probably will visit somewhere else for game stuff. This site has became too cheesy for me.

I understand that most of you seem to love it, and it will likely be a good business move for VGC. However, I'm just posting this in case anyone else agrees, and so you know why I won't be posting/posting as much anymore.

Changed my mind. Forum buddy still does my head in, but the site is growing on me.