By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - GamrConnect 2.0 - Comments and Suggestions

S____M____C____C said:
No, I'm afraid I hate the new site. I know a lot of hard work has went into it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

- Too 'in my face' - the writing is big, avatars are big.
- The following 'Forum Buddy' just makes it seem cluttered
- Still need to go through a lot of pages to get to places you want to go
- Still hate the colourscheme of gamrconnect
- Far too many forum sections
- I hate this whole profile thing, with 'walls' etc. This isn't facebook
- Hate the way there are ad's at each side (like the VGC E3 ads)
- Badges and stuff are ridiculous

All in my opinion of course. I probably will visit somewhere else for game stuff. This site has became too cheesy for me.

I understand that most of you seem to love it, and it will likely be a good business move for VGC. However, I'm just posting this in case anyone else agrees, and so you know why I won't be posting/posting as much anymore.

I agree completely 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

well ads aint as annoying like the were at the start:P still annoying but by far not as

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

couple of issues:

1) For some reason SNES is missing from my sort by console list in My Games

2) View collection should be sortable by console. It's just a clusterfuck of unsorted games otherwise. What's the point?

3) This may be a problem on my end, but I can't seem to logout. Every time I try, I get a 404 Not Found error.

Besides these issues, I'm liking what I see so far. Keep up the good work.

I have a slight concern that threads have a harder time getting attention. With the last layout, threads had good visibility for a reasonable amount of time (depending on the level of activity of course), but it seems harder to spot new threads and keep track of threads in this layout.

But maybe that's just me not being used to the new layout yet. And still a fantastic job overall.

I kinda hate how the...er...links to pages in the thread are below the reply box. I would rather they were under the last post.

Guess I'll have to get used to it.

Around the Network

I also have a feeling latest topics isn't finished yet, it doesn't sort the topics on time. might have something to do with the subforums?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ioi said:
I don't understand the comments about hot topics and especially about simpler is better etc - you couldn't get any simpler than the current system? Are people not understanding it or something?

That seems to have been the case for me.  I've now realized that you can quickly select larger forum categories via Hot Topics (Gaming, Off Topic, etc.) as opposed to having to manually select each sub-forum individually, which quiets most of the complaints I had with the system. I feel like a fool for not having noticed that in the first place!

I only really have two questions now:

1.  What's up with the giant "Around the Network" box and ads in the middle of the Hot Topics section?  That's not present in the other boards, and it makes me want to use those boards instead, but then I'd have to shift through 21 boards individually.

2.  Is there any particular reason behind splitting up the Off Topic section into six different boards?  I imagine most people will be using Hot Topics to browse Off Topic, so the OT section hasn't really changed functioninally for them, which makes me wonder why it happened.  OT was pretty quiet before, so I can't imagine those topics each needing their own sub-forum for space.

Other than that, kudos on the work you're doing with the site!  It's come such a long way over the years, and save a few annoyances (too much extra stuff surrounding each post), this is the best the forums have been yet, in my opinion.  Functionally, I mean.

Edit:  Also, there seems to be an issue when I edit posts.  Instead of being shown my post after hitting submit, I'm instead brought to the first page of the thread.

This is neither a complaint nor a suggestion, but I wasn't sure where else to put it and it didn't seem to warrant a thread of its own, so here goes:

Browsing the points page, I noticed that you now get points for inviting a new user who signs up, but I have searched high and low and seen no sort of "Invite a Friend" option anywhere. Am I missing something, or do they just list you as a referral when they sign up, or is this a feature that has yet to be implemented?

It would be great if we could actually see the whole title of the GamrConnect threads in the HUB. Also if there could be more of them would be great as well. If find the threads created by the users in here as important and some times even more so than the ones that accompany by the side in the HUB.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

ioi said:
As for the 2-3 forum buddy comments - presumably you like the idea of it in that it shows your threads with recent replies etc. What we are going to roll out in the next week are options to turn it on / off and have it animated or just fixed so that will all be customisable as well.

I like the forum buddy, but a static stuck to the side would be best (move it right a few pixels and remove the right round corners).
Maybe you could use that left bar for forum related links, settings, etc, while keeping the right one with ads.

It's been said, but the color coding is a bit confusing, leave grey if there are no new post, green for new posts and the blue quote or orange alert if quoted. Still getting a few topics that are orange for no reason. Also, there must be a set limit on how high avatars/sigs can be.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"