By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How Well Do You Run The Wticher 2?

1680x1050, high settings, ubersampling and ssao (i think) turned off.

40-60 frames with c2q @ 3ghz, HD 4890 @ 930/1040

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Kantor said:
StefanieFogel said:

Buying The Witcher 2 has made me realize just how OLD my computer is! Especially the graphics card (a 512mb GeForce 9400 GT). So, I'm going to upgrade. Luckily, my birthday is next week and I was able to talk my mom into picking up a 1 gig GTS 450 for me. My comp only has a 375w power supply, and the card requires 400w, but from what I've read on Tom's Hardware and the Dell forums, Dell is very conservative when it lists wattage and people say the card should work just fine. If not, well, power supplies don't seem to be that expensive. ;)

Unfortunately, the game still won't run particularly well on a GTS 450. I suppose you could manage a low-medium spec with a decent framerate, but if you can, go even higher than that. It's a very intensive game.

Incidentally, the review will be up soon.

Great news! Oh, please, before E3, just to kill some time spend some time apreciating your hard work ;).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

As promised:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/39247/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/

I know it's long. Bear with me

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

JEMC said:
Kantor said:
StefanieFogel said:

Buying The Witcher 2 has made me realize just how OLD my computer is! Especially the graphics card (a 512mb GeForce 9400 GT). So, I'm going to upgrade. Luckily, my birthday is next week and I was able to talk my mom into picking up a 1 gig GTS 450 for me. My comp only has a 375w power supply, and the card requires 400w, but from what I've read on Tom's Hardware and the Dell forums, Dell is very conservative when it lists wattage and people say the card should work just fine. If not, well, power supplies don't seem to be that expensive. ;)

Unfortunately, the game still won't run particularly well on a GTS 450. I suppose you could manage a low-medium spec with a decent framerate, but if you can, go even higher than that. It's a very intensive game.

Great news! Oh, please, before E3, just to kill some time spend some time apreciating your hard work ;).

Get a overclock gtx460 version. I have that and it runs the game on high

Kantor said:
StefanieFogel said:

Actually, I'm running the game on High settings with Ubersampling, Motion Blur and Vertical Synch (?) turned off and the frame rate is just fine with the GTS 450. MUCH better than what it was with the old 512mb card I was using.

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

Around the Network

A few questions:

1.  What is ubersampling?

2.  What is FRAPS, how do I get it, how do I use it?

3.  Just ordered a new PC with an i5 2500, 8GB 1333 RAM and a GTX560 Ti, how will this run TW2?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

A few questions:

3.  Just ordered a new PC with an i5 2500, 8GB 1333 RAM and a GTX560 Ti, how will this run TW2?

1. Basically renders each frame several times and recomposits them together, it acts as a form of AA and texture filtering.

2. FRAPS is a benchmarking tool that can shows a frams per seccond counter in games http://www.fraps.com/

3. Should run it pretty damn well, max textures and most other lighting and blur effects and AA should get you well over 30 FPS in most situations depending on resolution. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
starcraft said:

A few questions:

1. Basically renders each frame several times and recomposits them together, it acts as a form of AA and texture filtering.

2. FRAPS is a benchmarking tool that can shows a frams per seccond counter in games http://www.fraps.com/

3. Should run it pretty damn well, max textures and most other lighting and blur effects and AA should get you well over 30 FPS in most situations depending on resolution. 

Currently a 1440x900 monitor, looking at upgrading to 1080p

starcraft said:
zarx said:
starcraft said:

A few questions:

yea you should be able to max it minus uber

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
starcraft said:
zarx said:
starcraft said:

A few questions:

yea you should be able to max it minus uber

New comp arrived, have a 1080p Acer 24inch screen.

What about now?