By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How Well Do You Run The Wticher 2?

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

I've been on CDPR's TW2 forums, and basically, the ubersampling is a CDPR proprietary filtering technology. The thing is, ubersampling is very resource greedy, and I'll maybe turn this thing on in 2015 in two generation of computer.

It seems also that CDPR tells players to turn this thing off at the moment.

So what does that mean in PC noob speak? :D

Around the Network

Everyone talking about the ubersampling setting :D makes me excited.

I dont have the game yet but does ubersampling = something truly amazing or just a slight step up in smapling ?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Pentium 4 (3 GHZ)

Radeon 9600pro

2GB DDR

Result: Don't work >.<

Ok it looks like I can play on medium and FPS is around 25-30 (and it has the same FPS on all the settings I tried it out on)

How do I improve the FPS? Is there a patch that I need to make it better? cause i'm fairly sure The Witcher 2 hasn't been updated yet.

Also what kind of computer do you need to run everything on the highest settings?

yo_john117 said:

i'm fairly sure The Witcher 2 hasn't been updated yet.

Actually, The Witcher 2 has been updated. You have to download it manually though. :)

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/86407/the-witcher-2-patch-released-drm-removed/

Unless you mean that a 2nd patch hasn't been released yet. In which case, carry on...

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

Around the Network
StefanieFogel said:
yo_john117 said:

Actually, The Witcher 2 has been updated. You have to download it manually though. :)

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/86407/the-witcher-2-patch-released-drm-removed/

Unless you mean that a 2nd patch hasn't been released yet. In which case, carry on...

I thought Steam automatically updated all games?

But i'll try to download it and see what happens.

20happyballs said:
zarx said:

AMD's Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz

HD 5770 1GB

8GB RAM

I have textures set to the highest, LOD distance set to mid, SSAO on, light shafts on, Bloom off, Vsync on, all blurs and DoF off, shadows mid, AA on.

1080P

I get ~30 fps most of the time raising to ~40 fps and droping as low as ~20 fps in intense areas like the mist/never ending battle in act 2.

Whoa, your build is almost identical to mine. I'm just curious, did you turn ubersampling off? I actaully just bought this computer, but I'm still waiting for one more piece.

ubersampling even brings high end systems to their knees so yea I turned it off

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

yo_john117 said:
StefanieFogel said:
yo_john117 said:

the steam version should be automatically updated and the manual patch shouldn't even work

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Yeah, Steam should automatically update. I have the Steam version and had no problems with the patch. Those who bought the game from GOG and the like had to download it manually, though.

Should be getting my new GPU tonight, so hopefully the game will be looking/running better very soon! :)

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
StefanieFogel said:
yo_john117 said:

the steam version should be automatically updated and the manual patch shouldn't even work

Ah ok, I'm just confused why I am perpetually stuck at around 25-30 FPS whenever I play on any of the settings (except I haven't tried ultra settings) Its not too bad but you can notice very slight lag when you turn...its about as bad as Crysis 2 on the consoles.