By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How Well Do You Run The Wticher 2?

20happyballs said:
naznatips said:
20happyballs said:
SvennoJ said:
naznatips said:
SvennoJ said:

I7 2.8ghz with GeForce GT 230

I get around 30fps on medium/low 1280x1024, all forms of blur and bloom off, no aa, no SSAO, light shafts on, rest on medium and very near lod.

I've encountered numerous bugs. Game freezing twice. Most sounds disappearing for random intervals just leaving the echo's and environmental effects (no use playing without subtitles) Game not responding to combat inputs anymore, I can still move around but can't use the sword anymore nor put it away. And I'm still on chapter 1.

Ouch. SOunds like the game is not running well with your PC. Seems pretty stable for most people. Are your drivers up to date and did you get the 1.1 patch?

I installed the nvidea 275 beta drivers and uninstalled the 3D vision driver as suggested by CD project, and installed the latest Realtek HD audio drivers plus the 1.1 patch. Last night I didn't have any problems with no new changes to my system. Maybe I had not rebooted enough yet...

Does anyone know a good graphics card that works with a 350w power supply?

Just buy a new power supply. 350w is very little. Besides, power supplies are really cheap.

550w:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6327567&CatId=1079

I wouldn't recommend buying the one above, but that was just an example of how cheap they can get. 

550w is unnecessarily high. Most top-end graphics cards recommend 400w power supplies, and anything above that will do fine. So I suggest something between 400-500 watts, plus a new GPU.

Huh. Not really. My HD 5770 requires that I at least have a 500w psu. My card is not even top of the line. 550w is not that high. Have you ever tried using a PSU calculator? It is very hard to make a reasonable build requiring less than 450w.  At the very least, get a 450w psu. 

I was afraid I would have to do that. Even the GT 430 recommends a 450w psu while only 1.5x faster then gt 230. I don't really want to turn my pc into a furnace but it seems modern gpu's are all 2 slots wide and consume a lot of power.

Oh well at least it's easier then replacing the motherboard to get the right slots. I still remember the transition from isa to vesa to pci slots being a pain in the ass.

Around the Network

I am thinking on buying this game for my laptop...but only if i can play it on the highest settings. If not i'll wait for the ps3 version.

Here are the specs:

Intel  Core i5  480M  2.66 GHz, ΑMD  Radeon HD 6470M  1024 MB, 4GB DDR3

What do you think?

Cthulhu said:

I am thinking on buying this game for my laptop...but only if i can play it on the highest settings. If not i'll wait for the ps3 version.

Here are the specs:

Intel  Core i5  480M  2.66 GHz, ΑMD  Radeon HD 6470M  1024 MB, 4GB DDR3

What do you think?

I'm far from expert on PC stuff but it looks like you could play on medium but from what I hear the game on medium is better then most games on consoles.

I run it in high settings, with LOD distance at Far, ubersampling disabled (I don't know what it does ^^). In game, I have 60 fps on a fixed image, and not lower than 40 fps in motion/combat (in Act 1 atm).

I tried in ultra settings, 20 fps max, 15 average

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB, a Core i7 950 3.1GHz, and 6GB of DDR3. Resolution 1920x1080. 

Loading times are fine (much lower than ME2).

Hey how can you tell how many FPS the game is running in?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

FRAPS

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Buying The Witcher 2 has made me realize just how OLD my computer is! Especially the graphics card (a 512mb GeForce 9400 GT). So, I'm going to upgrade. Luckily, my birthday is next week and I was able to talk my mom into picking up a 1 gig GTS 450 for me. My comp only has a 375w power supply, and the card requires 400w, but from what I've read on Tom's Hardware and the Dell forums, Dell is very conservative when it lists wattage and people say the card should work just fine. If not, well, power supplies don't seem to be that expensive. ;)

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

So, with this configuration i can top 55 stable fps while roaming trough, it drops to 30s when on intense fights or scenes!

Everythins is turned on except for the crazy UberSampling option!

I7 860 @2.8Ghz

8GB Ram

Geforce GTX 460 1024MB in SLi mode!

I've been on CDPR's TW2 forums, and basically, the ubersampling is a CDPR proprietary filtering technology. The thing is, ubersampling is very resource greedy, and I'll maybe turn this thing on in 2015 in two generation of computer.

It seems also that CDPR tells players to turn this thing off at the moment.

Shinobi-san said:
yo_john117 said:

FRAPS

Ok I have it now how do I use it :S