By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How Well Do You Run The Wticher 2?

AMD's Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz

HD 5770 1GB

8GB RAM

I have textures set to the highest, LOD distance set to mid, SSAO on, light shafts on, Bloom off, Vsync on, all blurs and DoF off, shadows mid, AA on.

1080P

I get ~30 fps most of the time raising to ~40 fps and droping as low as ~20 fps in intense areas like the mist/never ending battle in act 2.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I have a GTX 480

Throughout the entire game, except for a few parts here and there I ran at 35 FPS. I played it on custom at 1920x1200 where I had stuff like blur and bloom off, but I had ubersampling on and other such things. I had to sed Draw distance to the 2nd highest though, and that made me sad. I guess it was good because *SPOILER* the fight with the dragon *END* would have been terrible with the highest draw distance.

Edit: i7 930 CPU

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Phenom II x6 1100T & HD6870

I get around 40 FPS w/ Ubersampling on Ultra 1920x1080

60 w/o Ubersampling

Sigh, waiting for PS3 version, am broke and stuck with my laptop, not going to buy new PC for a single game

I'll let ya know when I get the game in the next couple of days.

Around the Network
yanamaster said:

icore 7 920 , radeon 6870

Game runs on highest settings ( without ubersampling) in 1920x1080 resolution. I get around 40fps on this config.

Two things though, this was before the 1.1 patch which is supposed to increase performance for my version of the game by 30% and without oc - ing my gfx card.

I decided to replay witcher 1 and then start witcher 2 so probably by the time i finish ( exam sessionin full affect for me right now) the first game there will probably be another patch from cd projekt and that might increase performance even further, not counting the ati hotfix that's supposed to come out for witcher 2.

So all in all, i think my rig is handling the game very well.

If I'm not mistaken, such increase only happens because the lack of DRM and thus it's more noticeable in PCs with modest (aka low power) GPUs where the DRM takes a lot of resources.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

tingyu said:

Sigh, waiting for PS3 version, am broke and stuck with my laptop, not going to buy new PC for a single game

surely there is more than one game that you would like to play on a PC

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

My laptop has an i7 740qm and a GT420m, all coupled with 6GB of RAM.

Judging by your results here, I ought to build a new desktop, THEN try TW2. Oh man.

zarx said:

AMD's Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz

HD 5770 1GB

8GB RAM

I have textures set to the highest, LOD distance set to mid, SSAO on, light shafts on, Bloom off, Vsync on, all blurs and DoF off, shadows mid, AA on.

1080P

I get ~30 fps most of the time raising to ~40 fps and droping as low as ~20 fps in intense areas like the mist/never ending battle in act 2.

Whoa, your build is almost identical to mine. I'm just curious, did you turn ubersampling off? I actaully just bought this computer, but I'm still waiting for one more piece.

Interestingly, nVidia cards seem to overperform in the game, while AMD cards seem to underperform based on other benchmarks I've seen for the cards. This isn't that odd though, as generally games are better optimized for nVidia, and less likely to experience graphical bugs and glitches which often occur specifically on ATI/AMD cards.