By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witcher 2 on Xbox360?

LordMatrix said:
vlad321 said:
LordMatrix said:
pezus said:

Ugh...do not want. This game should be played on the PC! 

These types of games are best played with a controller and even though Witcher 2 allows controller support its sensitivity is awkward with it. Moving the camera view will make you dizzy as hell. I will buy this again on X360 without a doubt but for now will enjoy it on my PC.

These types of games? These types of games are always better on a keyboard solely because of the amount of keys that you ave available to you. The controllers have but a fractoin of them. Now as to why there was the entire stupid system where you can use only 1 sign/pocket item instead of quickly switching between them liek the swords, I don't know. It was stupid however.

Forgot to say IMO.  Third Person Action RPG games for most people, are best played on a console.

Not, not IMO. Objectively it is better because you can objectively count how many keys are on your controller and how many keys are on your keyboard, and objectively that gives you more functionality. I am piss tired of people trying to pass off quantitative facts as opinoins to make themselves feel better. It's like saying that It is subjective that the mouse is better than dual analog sticks for shooters of all kinds.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
LordMatrix said:
vlad321 said:

These types of games? These types of games are always better on a keyboard solely because of the amount of keys that you ave available to you. The controllers have but a fractoin of them. Now as to why there was the entire stupid system where you can use only 1 sign/pocket item instead of quickly switching between them liek the swords, I don't know. It was stupid however.

Forgot to say IMO.  Third Person Action RPG games for most people, are best played on a console.

Not, not IMO. Objectively it is better because you can objectively count how many keys are on your controller and how many keys are on your keyboard, and objectively that gives you more functionality. I am piss tired of people trying to pass off quantitative facts as opinoins to make themselves feel better. It's like saying that It is subjective that the mouse is better than dual analog sticks for shooters of all kinds.

No sir. You are wrong. There is no functionality that a keyboard offers in Witcher 2 that isn't perfectly mimicked by a 360 controller. Every single meaningful action can be mapped to one of the controller's buttons.

And FYI: don't go spouting off about what you can or can't do unless you read the manual (also read the manual, though that usually requires you to actually legally obtain yoru games, I'm sure). Switching to the next sign is done with 3, the next quick-use item is done with 4.

I don't even have the game installed; I know this stuff because I looked in the manual.

Khuutra said:
vlad321 said:
LordMatrix said:
vlad321 said:

No sir. You are wrong. There is no functionality that a keyboard offers in Witcher 2 that isn't perfectly mimicked by a 360 controller. Every single meaningful action can be mapped to one of the controller's buttons.

And FYI: don't go spouting off about what you can or can't do unless you read the manual (also read the manual, though that usually requires you to actually legally obtain yoru games, I'm sure). Switching to the next sign is done with 3, the next quick-use item is done with 4.

I don't even have the game installed; I know this stuff because I looked in the manual.

Switching to next sign instead of whatever number sing you want is just downright retarded. Considering I used Quen and Igni the most (they are not next to each other even remotely, in fact I believe they were 3 apart, the "next sign" key wouldn't be too helpful when I need to switch in a hurry) that functionality was utterly bullshit. It would bemuch more meaningful if they mapped all the signs from 3-7 (or F1-5). WHich they didn't. The game would have benefitted far mroe from having more keys used for quick switching between signs and pockets, something you can have only with more keys which controllers don't have. There is no reason for the radial menu's existance in the least either.

P.S. The manual is in the installation folder in a .pdf.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Oops please ignore.

(Computer glitch...)

Oops please ignore.

Around the Network

Yeah possibly a mistake.

Lol Computer Glitch...

Alright a possible game on the 360 out of the hundre---oh wait...

Khuutra said:
vlad321 said:
LordMatrix said:
vlad321 said:

My friend played the Witcher 2 with a controller pad. There should be no argument about its capacity to be on consoles. The only thing they would probably do is drop the graphics level (which shouldnt matter to those who want the gameplay).

vlad321 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

im hoping to have a dedicated PC soon to play WITCHER 2. I feel that some games should stay on P and Witcher 2 is one of them.

The main reason I want the Witcher is because it plays like a typical console AAA WRPG we've grown accustomed to. It will own with a controller rather than a keyboard. Plus you've got tons of PC elitists who talk about the Witcher everytime you bring up Dragonage and Mass Effect or any Bioware title for that matter. Atari needs to publish this game for consoles and soon because WRPG's are growing in popularity in the west by leaps and bounds.

A controller would be much more annoying with this as I stated in a previous post because a conroller has a PATHETIC number of keys. In fact one of the biggest problems I had with this game is the whole retarded UI where I can only have one sign primed and can't quick switch between them right in combat with keyboard shortcuts. SOmething that can NEVER happen on a controller due to a lack of buttons. Maybe if the game had some form of platforming and stuff it would be better with a controller, but it doesn't.

Also from PA this morning, a direct quote:

"If they’re serious about bringing this to consoles, the first hour of the game needs to go up on the lift. Those nines and tens it’s pulling now won’t survive contact with that audience."

Trnaslated, "most console scrubs won't be liking this"

The best part is I know EXACTLY which part they are talking about, and it took me many deaths to realize exactly WHY I was dying.

Not sure what you're talking about, I've been playing it just fine on a controller, it seems designed for it.  The general consensus seems to be that the controller is the way to play this game.  The game has a very elegant system for switching signs during a fight, I love the slow-mo menu.