By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witcher 2 on Xbox360?

SpartenOmega117 said:

im hoping to have a dedicated PC soon to play WITCHER 2. I feel that some games should stay on P and Witcher 2 is one of them.

The main reason I want the Witcher is because it plays like a typical console AAA WRPG we've grown accustomed to. It will own with a controller rather than a keyboard. Plus you've got tons of PC elitists who talk about the Witcher everytime you bring up Dragonage and Mass Effect or any Bioware title for that matter. Atari needs to publish this game for consoles and soon because WRPG's are growing in popularity in the west by leaps and bounds.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

im hoping to have a dedicated PC soon to play WITCHER 2. I feel that some games should stay on P and Witcher 2 is one of them.

The main reason I want the Witcher is because it plays like a typical console AAA WRPG we've grown accustomed to. It will own with a controller rather than a keyboard. Plus you've got tons of PC elitists who talk about the Witcher everytime you bring up Dragonage and Mass Effect or any Bioware title for that matter. Atari needs to publish this game for consoles and soon because WRPG's are growing in popularity in the west by leaps and bounds.

A controller would be much more annoying with this as I stated in a previous post because a conroller has a PATHETIC number of keys. In fact one of the biggest problems I had with this game is the whole retarded UI where I can only have one sign primed and can't quick switch between them right in combat with keyboard shortcuts. SOmething that can NEVER happen on a controller due to a lack of buttons. Maybe if the game had some form of platforming and stuff it would be better with a controller, but it doesn't.

Also from PA this morning, a direct quote:

"If they’re serious about bringing this to consoles, the first hour of the game needs to go up on the lift. Those nines and tens it’s pulling now won’t survive contact with that audience."

Trnaslated, "most console scrubs won't be liking this"

The best part is I know EXACTLY which part they are talking about, and it took me many deaths to realize exactly WHY I was dying.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

LordMatrix said:
Xen said:

If they do, this'll be remembered as the most epic graphical downgrade ever. The gap is so enormous that it isn't even funny.

If Crysis 2 can do it Witcher 2 can also.

Witcher was a PC-first development, and Crysis 2 was console-first. Notice that the original Crysis and Crysis Warhead look much better than 2 despite being older.

The longer I play the more bugs and glitches I encounter. First patch should be out tonight, second patch next week.

And yes apart from doing the wrong sidequest at too low a level, the tuturial has so far been the hardest part of the game. Maybe they should just require you to study the manual first and have you take a test before you're allowed to start the game :) Deal with it as CDProject says.

Given how badly it runs on my PC (even on low settings), I don't see how they could get it to work well on consoles. It's either going to be a wonder of optimization or the biggest graphical downgrade ever.

Around the Network

It will make it's way to the Xbox 360 and perhaps the PS3 too eventually. It just doesn't make financial sense for game dev studios to release big-budget AAA releases exclusively on the PC these days unless it's a Blizzard game (which tends to be optimized well enough to run on more modest hardware. World of Warcraft especially). That's why these games typically make their way to the consoles. A lot of gamers are opposed to upgrading their desktop or building a new one. And then you have laptop users like me that see no use for a desktop other than gaming. I have no real interest in western rpgs so I really don't care if it stays exclusive but there is a huge market these days for western rpgs on the Xbox 360 and to a lesser extent the PS3.

CD Projekt Red have to learn how to optimize their shit if they're going to develop a console port though. Too many of these PC game devs think they can get away with releasing buggy or slow unplayable crap on home consoles Day 1 just because they have updates for console games nowadays.

loves2splooge said:

It will make it's way to the Xbox 360 and perhaps the PS3 too eventually. It just doesn't make financial sense for game dev studios to release big-budget AAA releases exclusively on the PC these days unless it's a Blizzard game (which tends to be optimized well enough to run on more modest hardware. World of Warcraft especially). That's why these games typically make their way to the consoles. A lot of gamers are opposed to upgrading their desktop or building a new one. And then you have laptop users like me that see no use for a desktop other than gaming. I have no real interest in western rpgs so I really don't care if it stays exclusive but there is a huge market these days for western rpgs on the Xbox 360 and to a lesser extent the PS3.

CD Projekt Red have to learn how to optimize their shit if they're going to develop a console port though. Too many of these PC game devs think they can get away with releasing buggy or slow unplayable crap on home consoles Day 1 just because they have updates for console games nowadays.

Exactly. Unless the game is made by Blizzard I wouldnt take such a huge risk on a AAA PC title alone.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
loves2splooge said:

Exactly. Unless the game is made by Blizzard I wouldnt take such a huge risk on a AAA PC title alone.

Dude, give it up, even if (probably when) they do port it, they'll have made the vast majority of their money on PC, which for them is far more profitable than consoles. The game already made money. It's sold a million copies (or near enough) in a week, most of those digital (3 times the profit margin of a retail PS360 game), and most of those digital copies on GOG.com (100% profit for the developers per copy sold, as they own the website, which is 4 times the profit margin of a retail PS360 game). More than that, it was developed for only $7 million. Half the cost of making a "AAA" PS360 game. Yes, that's right, it's much cheaper to make PC games that blow away the competition graphically than it is to make HD console games which are now extremely out of date.

To put my last post in perspective, even if they had only sold 500,000 units, at $20 profit per unit (gross underestimates for both) they would have made $10,000,000, well over the cost of making the entire game. Think on that for a minute, then say it's dangerous to make a PC exclusive.

vlad321 said:
LordMatrix said:
pezus said:

Ugh...do not want. This game should be played on the PC! 

These types of games are best played with a controller and even though Witcher 2 allows controller support its sensitivity is awkward with it. Moving the camera view will make you dizzy as hell. I will buy this again on X360 without a doubt but for now will enjoy it on my PC.

These types of games? These types of games are always better on a keyboard solely because of the amount of keys that you ave available to you. The controllers have but a fractoin of them. Now as to why there was the entire stupid system where you can use only 1 sign/pocket item instead of quickly switching between them liek the swords, I don't know. It was stupid however.

Forgot to say IMO.  Third Person Action RPG games for most people, are best played on a console.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad