By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witcher 2 on Xbox360?

pezus said:

Ugh...do not want. This game should be played on the PC! 

You cannot force those who cannot afford a PC to do this (just because of the high graphics capabilities). Second, if the company wants some decent profit they'll put it on the consoles. It would suck if they didnt get profitable return to make an even more amazing Witcher 3.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
pezus said:

You cannot force those who cannot afford a PC to do this (just because of the high graphics capabilities). Second, if the company wants some decent profit they'll put it on the consoles. It would suck if they didnt get profitable return to make an even more amazing Witcher 3.

They amde enough with The Witcher to make Witcher 2. I don't see why they won't make enough to make 3 with 2.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

If they do, this'll be remembered as the most epic graphical downgrade ever. The gap is so enormous that it isn't even funny.

pezus said:

These types of games are best played with a controller and even though Witcher 2 allows controller support its sensitivity is awkward with it. Moving the camera view will make you dizzy as hell. I will buy this again on X360 without a doubt but for now will enjoy it on my PC.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Xen said:

If they do, this'll be remembered as the most epic graphical downgrade ever. The gap is so enormous that it isn't even funny.

If Crysis 2 can do it Witcher 2 can also.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
pezus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
pezus said:

Yeah, I was just saying it should optimally be played on the PC since it probably won't be as great on consoles. I'm not saying they shouldn't port it, just that I don't want to play said port ;)

Thats fine by me bro as long as I get the ability to purchase said port. If it comes out I'll buy it on the PS3. Theres no way the 360 is getting the game exclusively with Atari publishing it. Heh

im hoping to have a dedicated PC soon to play WITCHER 2. I feel that some games should stay on P and Witcher 2 is one of them.

LordMatrix said:
pezus said:

These types of games are best played with a controller and even though Witcher 2 allows controller support its sensitivity is awkward with it. Moving the camera view will make you dizzy as hell. I will buy this again on X360 without a doubt but for now will enjoy it on my PC.

These types of games? These types of games are always better on a keyboard solely because of the amount of keys that you ave available to you. The controllers have but a fractoin of them. Now as to why there was the entire stupid system where you can use only 1 sign/pocket item instead of quickly switching between them liek the swords, I don't know. It was stupid however.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

" ESRB lists The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360

A console release for CD Projekt RED’s The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings may be closer yet. The Entertainment Software Rating Board has listed the game for an Xbox 360 release.  

CD Projekt has said in the past that they wanted to make sure a console version of The Witcher 2 is “doable and that it’s bound to happen,” but wanted to keep quiet until they had “anything solid to show or to say.”

The team behind The Witcher 2 will reveal an all new game at E3 next month. As for The Witcher 2, an announcement at Microsoft’s E3 presser would be sure to cause a boom."

Natal and Sony's flashing Ice cream cone

cloofoofoo said:

" ESRB lists The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360

A console release for CD Projekt RED’s The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings may be closer yet. The Entertainment Software Rating Board has listed the game for an Xbox 360 release.  

CD Projekt has said in the past that they wanted to make sure a console version of The Witcher 2 is “doable and that it’s bound to happen,” but wanted to keep quiet until they had “anything solid to show or to say.”

The team behind The Witcher 2 will reveal an all new game at E3 next month. As for The Witcher 2, an announcement at Microsoft’s E3 presser would be sure to cause a boom."

ESRB is wrong, as they often are. Not that it won't happen, cause it probably will, it just won't happen any time soon.