By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter Portable 3 to be Remastered in HD for PS3

It doesn't look all that great, and certainly no better than the Wii version of Tri IMO...

At any rate, it's money in the bank I suppose,  Japanese people will no doubt shell out and that increases sales of the PS3, and  a similar thing may occur in the rest of world

I just hope it has online like Tri. If not, it's a deal-breaker. I don't want a straight port. It should be tailored for the PS3.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I HATED MH on Wii. The gameplay is one of the worst experiences in my life. It's in the level of the  first 3d games on PSX.

I hope than on ps3 they work in that.

Onibaka said:

I HATED MH on Wii. The gameplay is one of the worst experiences in my life. It's in the level of the  first 3d games on PSX.

I wont believe you the gameplay is bad, I never played Trii but I wont believe you :P

is it any different than on the psp? cuz if not, its damn awesome !!!

Nice, day one buy for me.

I can't wait to see how it will affect PS3 sales.

Chrizum said:
dahuman said:

That's just fucking retarded, why not just have Tri with all the underwater stuff and the extra content with updated Tri graphics instead of the PSP one? This is another one of Capcom's give me money for minimal effort campign imo.

Sure, MH Tri has more content but the Portable version has some new monsters. If you have already played Tri you can pick up this Portable version.

If you haven't played Tri you shoouldn't be excited about this... Play Tri instead.

I'm saying, Tri on PS3 with all the extra mobs and maps in portable 3 using Tri's systems would be a lot more interesting than a PSP port re-scaled so they can reel in some quick cash like a bunch of assholes.

Around the Network
Onibaka said:

Then you won't like the PS3 stuff either, actually, you just won't like MH period and should stay far and away.

Onibaka said:

I'm afraid Monster Hunter isn't for you then. Manual camera control / no auto-aim and targeting is one of the core gameplay elements of Monster Hunter.

dahuman said:
Chrizum said:
dahuman said:

That's just fucking retarded, why not just have Tri with all the underwater stuff and the extra content with updated Tri graphics instead of the PSP one? This is another one of Capcom's give me money for minimal effort campign imo.

Sure, MH Tri has more content but the Portable version has some new monsters. If you have already played Tri you can pick up this Portable version.

If you haven't played Tri you shoouldn't be excited about this... Play Tri instead.

I'm saying, Tri on PS3 with all the extra mobs and maps in portable 3 using Tri's systems would be a lot more interesting than a PSP port re-scaled so they can reel in some quick cash like a bunch of assholes.

Agreed with you there. But that would mean Capcom would have to invest a lot more resources into the PS3 version, which they won't, seeing how Tri ended up on Wii for that reason in the first place.

It's a quick and dirty port, but it's better than nothing for PS3 owners!

I understand why people are complaining about no Tri to PS3 port, but the point of this isn't getting Monster Hunter on the PS3, the point of this is being able to go between your PSP and your PS3 with no fuss.  And if they do things properly being able to use ad-hoc party between PS3 and PSP will be absolutely amazing.  Though I'm concerned about their pricing scheme.  I don't mind paying a bit extra for both copies, but I don't wanna pay more than 10 dollars.

Come On Sega! Bring us Valkyria Chronicles 2 3 on PS3/NPG!

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX