By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter Portable 3 to be Remastered in HD for PS3

Chrizum said:
Onibaka said:

I HATED MH on Wii. The gameplay is one of the worst experiences in my life. It's in the level of the  first 3d games on PSX.

I hope than on ps3 they work in that.

I'm afraid Monster Hunter isn't for you then. Manual camera control / no auto-aim and targeting is one of the core gameplay elements of Monster Hunter.

The major problem is that I can't even change de direction of the attack during a combo. I also found the gameplay a bit sluggish, i don't know. I just know that the game has the same feeling as the earliests 3d games. If was a little more of what Onimusha is, I would be bery satisfied.

Maybe the game isn't for me, although i actually like this genre.

Around the Network

i assume there would be some sort of discount, esspecially if you purchase the copys through digital download... i dont own a psp but i would definately buy type-0 if it got ported to the ps3, if there was a good discount i would purchase it for the psp aswell and pinch me nephews psp to use at work

EDIT: suppossed to be quote to 'bmmb1' reply

I kinda lost my selfish love for Capcom

I don't get it, will it have the PSP engine on PS3 with higher resolution? or what?

However, I can't imagine how amazingly usefull the one house and on the go would be.

Oh this is gonna be so sweet. DUAL ANALOG BABY~

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Conegamer said:

It doesn't look all that great, and certainly no better than the Wii version of Tri IMO...

At any rate, it's money in the bank I suppose,  Japanese people will no doubt shell out and that increases sales of the PS3, and  a similar thing may occur in the rest of world

I just hope it has online like Tri. If not, it's a deal-breaker. I don't want a straight port. It should be tailored for the PS3.

you really should read the info more, and maybe watch the vid again

for one this is HD! it will obviously look better than the wii version. check the video on andriasang in it's original HD quality to see the difference. If you can't see it then... dunno what to say to ya

and they ARE tailoring this for the ps3. Andriasang is reporting they will add camera control to right analog stick as well. I'm sure we will get more info on it soon. and yeah you can play against psp players too with this which is pretty sweet

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

It doesn't look all that great, and certainly no better than the Wii version of Tri IMO...

At any rate, it's money in the bank I suppose,  Japanese people will no doubt shell out and that increases sales of the PS3, and  a similar thing may occur in the rest of world

I just hope it has online like Tri. If not, it's a deal-breaker. I don't want a straight port. It should be tailored for the PS3.

you really should read the info more, and maybe watch the vid again

for one this is HD! it will obviously look better than the wii version. check the video on andriasang in it's original HD quality to see the difference. If you can't see it then... dunno what to say to ya

and they ARE tailoring this for the ps3. Andriasang is reporting they will add camera control to right analog stick as well. I'm sure we will get more info on it soon. and yeah you can play against psp players too with this which is pretty sweet

MHP3 HD definitely does not look better than MH3...

you're kidding right? I'm confused now, are we discussing gameplay and everything here because now THAT can be subjective and people might say one is better than the other. but graphics? hell no

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Onibaka said:
Chrizum said:

I'm afraid Monster Hunter isn't for you then. Manual camera control / no auto-aim and targeting is one of the core gameplay elements of Monster Hunter.

The major problem is that I can't even change de direction of the attack during a combo. I also found the gameplay a bit sluggish, i don't know. I just know that the game has the same feeling as the earliests 3d games. If was a little more of what Onimusha is, I would be bery satisfied.

Maybe the game isn't for me, although i actually like this genre.

This is monster hunter :) there is no autofocus, nothing, but thats one of the parts why this game is so amazing, it is reaaaally hard to get into, but once you know how to play with the weapons this game is absolutely awesome! cuz its really hard every enemy can kill you if you dont use your full-ability in every fight :)

edit: Im 40 h in to this game and it still feals like a tutorial :D if you have the time get into this game! its really amazing!

seriously Nintendo fans, we don't care about how Tri  look, how it's better, blah, blah. This is a thread about the PSP PORT, not the Wii.

Thanks.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Onibaka said:

I HATED MH on Wii. The gameplay is one of the worst experiences in my life. It's in the level of the  first 3d games on PSX.

Well, it's nice to see you taking part and ruining an otherwise happy thread

I'll have you know that, from playing the PSP and Wii versions, the Wii version is vastly superior in every respect, including controls. The addition of a second analogue stick does wonders, you know.

I've played over 500 hours and have had few problems. But if you're just gonna give it up straight away, then it isn't for you anyway. But know that you are missing out.

@psrock- we know that. But you have to compare it to something, right? The only thing to compare it to fairly is the Wii version of the game. Sure, it's a PSP port, but that doesn't mean it should be a half-job. And I stand by the claim that, at least in those screens, the Wii version looks superior. Infact, here's a screen to compare:

PS3

Wii

I know which one looks clearer, and more exciting

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Onibaka said:

Well, it's nice to see you taking part and ruining an otherwise happy thread

I'll have you know that, from playing the PSP and Wii versions, the Wii version is vastly superior in every respect, including controls. The addition of a second analogue stick does wonders, you know.

I've played over 500 hours and have had few problems. But if you're just gonna give it up straight away, then it isn't for you anyway. But know that you are missing out.

@psrock- we know that. But you have to compare it to something, right? The only thing to compare it to fairly is the Wii version of the game. Sure, it's a PSP port, but that doesn't mean it should be a half-job. And I stand by the claim that, at least in those screens, the Wii version looks superior. Infact, here's a screen to compare:

Wii

I know which one looks clearer, and more exciting

PS3: